The Winter Soldier

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
Thoughts? I thought it was really good. Loved the end credit scenes too.

Replies

• stiobhard
    stiobhard Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I want to see it.
  • anitafurlan
    anitafurlan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Can't wait for it!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    going to see it with my kids on the 15th for my son's birthday
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Planning to go Sunday. I'm surprised at how badly I want to see it! Never read comics but love this superhero movie renaissance, and the Cap'n has really grown on me.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Going tomorrow! :D
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

Same here! Plan to go after I get off work in the morning.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    Strucker and the Maximoff's were def cool....
  • stiobhard
    stiobhard Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    captain america and the falcon was the first comic i ever remember reading. my dad brought it home for me when I was 5.
    so thats why Im stoked.
  • spud_chick
    Options
    Anybody see it in 3D? Worth it?
  • Francl27
    Options
    Anybody see it in 3D? Worth it?

3D is always worth it for action movies IMO (heck, for everything really). Imax... meh.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options

Did you like it?

I liked it pretty well! Kind of exciting end credit bit *I'll say no moooore* Bahaha

Random note: trailers for guardians of the galaxy and days of futures past was exciting in theater
  • spud_chick
    Options
    Random note: trailers for guardians of the galaxy and days of futures past was exciting in theater

Agreed!

We really enjoyed TWS. Can't say more than that it was just well done; good writing, good acting, good story, and they avoided overdoing the dialogue or the emotion.

I could have sworn that when I first saw a trailer for this in the theater ages ago, the number 42 was painted on the sides of the planes air fleet. In the movie, it was some alphanumeric code (which I've already forgotten) meant to represent Project Insight. Kind of freaking me out.
  • Francl27
    Options
    I liked the trailers. And the Godzilla and Maleficent ones too. I was sad they removed that beautiful music from the XMen trailer though.

But I'm definitely going to spend a lot of time at the theater in the next few months.
  • spud_chick
    Options
    '
    I could have sworn that when I first saw a trailer for this in the theater ages ago, the number 42 was painted on the sides of the planes air fleet. In the movie, it was some alphanumeric code (which I've already forgotten) meant to represent Project Insight. Kind of freaking me out.

Ok, I'm not completely insane:

"Everything you may have missed in the first Captain America 2 trailer!"
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:4gCVnqZWR2UJ:io9.com/everything-you-may-have-missed-in-the-captain-america-2-1451669049+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

1948081r2u297jpg.jpg

"So. Many. Weapons. Commenter Doomsley wonders if that "42" jet is a reference to Marvel's "Civil War" comic, where the superheroes divide into two warring factions. Other people have pointed out that each of these helicarriers appears to have the number of a real-life decomissioned Naval carrier."

So there was at least one big old "42" in the first trailer, but I was actively looking for it in the movie last night and did not see a single one, though I could have just missed it.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

Did you like it?

I liked it pretty well! Kind of exciting end credit bit *I'll say no moooore* Bahaha

It was great! The theater I went to barely had any people, I counted about 12-16 peeps total but I guess it's expected for the 1st show on Saturday at 10AM. I was surprised at the amount of people that did leave as soon as the credits started. Only myself and another couple stayed for both the extra scenes while everyone else left.
  • spud_chick
    Options
    We went to a CineBistro at 4:30 yesterday (2D showing) so that we could reserve seats ahead of time and not end up stuck in crappy ones. The small cinema was almost full and at least half of us stayed for the duration of the credits.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Well it could be people who have already seen it and didn't want to bother. Only a few people left before the end on Thursday.
  • yuuen
    yuuen Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Definitely want to go see this one again. Weird because I'm out of the loop with films (too broke and busy with school) and it takes special cases for me to go to the cinema. As a result, I barely saw any trailers or goodies about it beforehand and was less than enthused to go despite really enjoying the first Cap movie (and all the other MCU movies).

It's one of the best, if not the best of them. So yeah. Glad it shattered my expectations.
  • spud_chick
    Options
    And as if it weren't great enough, seeing Captain America Saturday made watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. tonight twice as rewarding. Love that they are tying the show in with the films.
  • Kaylee_F93
    Options
    One of the most amazing things I have laid my eyes on!