Check In

Options
It seems some groups are not so active. I, for one, do better if I have like-minded people with whom to journey. So, I thought I'd just check in to see who is still 1) here and active 2) actively living a Venus life 3) wants to engage with others on a regular basis.

I just started in February. I've lost 8 pounds. I do the workouts 2-3 times a week and have found it almost hard at times to 'eat up' especially if I've gone on a good couple of days. I am finding that 1000 calories is too low, 1200 is about right and 1400 is almost all I can get it on eat up days, though I am supposed to hit 1600.

Replies

• RockVixen
    RockVixen Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm here and just started as you know. I'm doing OK on my 1000 calorie days so far by just doing what the manual recommended and stopping eating at 7:30PM and resuming eating at 11:30 the next day. It really makes staying at 1000 calories much easier. Well, it has for the past 3 days at least :). My husband and I are looking into joining a local gym tonight so I can actually go somewhere outside of my home and away from my kids to do my workout. I really want to do it 3 times a week.

I love that there is no guilt for not eating breakfast and no stress about Cardio. I also love that I can eat the foods I love still. I really really hope my body responds well to this lifestyle because it really seems doable.
  • Josieee15
    Josieee15 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi I am here too. I've actually stopped looking though because the group isn't so active. But hey if there's even just three of us that is cool. I am on week 7 although I created and burned big style last week and so I am repeating it again. I have also just injured my shoulder (grr) so I can not exercise either which won't help. I am loving the programme though and I am still determined. I have lost 17lbs so far and have another 21 lbs to go. Onwards and downwards :)
  • ktaylormusic
    ktaylormusic Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi folks,
    I'm just starting up Venus Index workouts this week - did some in the fall and saw the beginnings of results but fell off the wagon, workout-wise. But ready for action now.

Even if it's just a few of us, it'd be great to keep this "check in" active to offer support.

I'm running tonight, but will do my Venus day one workout Wednesday night.
  • ktaylormusic
    Options
    I'm sticking with my MFP calories (1350) as I've been steadily losing pounds with it and 1000 would make me cranky and feeble. :)
  • Josieee15
    Josieee15 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Has anyone seen the April challenge on the VI site. Might give it a go for the accountability kick up the *kitten* I feel I need right now
  • jaidenphyr
    Options
    I'm not very good at contests. No competitive spirit. I simply like to compete against myself. That way I can actually 'win'!
  • empresspht
    Options
    Hey I'm here, doing Venus as best I can (but missing on total caloiries on the deficit days ALOT) and LOVE LOVE LOVIN' the Venus workouts. I am much more active on the Venus site.

I am not doing the April contest there, but thinking about the next Venus Contest that starts May 12th I think. Not sure if I will but thinking about it.

I'm going to a deficit of 1200 a day for now instead of 1000, and going to try to bring it down, once I become better at it. Right now I have not successfully met my calorie goals for a week 2 weeks in a row, so that's what I'm aiming for currently.

~Pam
  • RockVixen
    RockVixen Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm a little too good at contests. I just did a Biggest Loser Contest in 2013 but practically killed myself to win. Then I was so exhausted I gained 22 of the 30 pounds I worked so hard to lose back! So, I'm staying away from the contests for now ha. Glad there are a few of us here who are active on MFP. So far I am trying to follow the program but may tweak it as I go. I finish week one on Friday. I've only worked out once so far and I'm so sore!
  • jaidenphyr
    Options
    I find the venus site not so user friendly. I don't find too many groups that I'm interested in that are active.
  • agent99oz
    agent99oz Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hi :)

I am new to this board - just started Venus a week ago - lost not much in the first week AF - next week will be interesting

I train at home, I work FT so no time ha ha :) 2 small boys and I just want to get myself back to pre kids shape!

I am hoping this will make a difference

Thanks
    Danielle
  • ktaylormusic
    Options
    ack, still here but week got away from me. WILL start again tomorrow!

I too have found the venus site annoying and clunky - though nice to have the videos to check form - and the much-ballyhooed venus community to be pretty inactive on the forums.

also, I'd rather just log on one place, so this is my pick because I'm on here to log anyway.
  • jaidenphyr
    Options
    @ktay - YES!! One place!! THAT TOO!! I'm here anyway to do the log, plus it is so much easier to navigate, I think. Get back on the horse girl!! Everyday is a new day!! I had a bad week, myself - almost gave up, but got much support and I feel like I'm back on track now mentally!
  • ktaylormusic
    Options
    @jaidenphyr: THANKYOU!! just what I needed. was in a "watch a movie? workout?" kind of mood and it was tipping to couchtime... but NOPE, gonna go DO IT and THEN watch a movie.
  • ktaylormusic
    Options
    Did it. :smile:
  • jaidenphyr
    Options
    Felt like poop yesterday - fighting off some virus. But I still did most of my workout!!! I skipped the last two sets of the last three exercises. I am thinking I might just do those today :( I am feeling a bit OCD about leaving them unfinished!! lol
  • ktaylormusic
    Options
    right on that you gave the workout a try even though you felt poopy. I find that if I get started I usually want to finish... the fact that you didn't probably means you really are coming down with something and probably should rest...
    anyway, I hope you stay well!
  • ktaylormusic
    Options
    I ran today instead of doing the next venus workout. I'm finally recovered enough from the incredible muscle soreness from Saturday that running was a possibility and it was finally so lovely out that I could NOT exercise inside today. Tomorrow... day 2.
  • agent99oz
    Options
    I lost as cm on my waist and hips this week and gained weight - GRR so annoyed seriously just need to lose weight and no matter what I do or try it doesn't seem to want to work. I will keep going I am not a quitter but anyone else have this happen to them??
  • jaidenphyr
    Options
    I SO understand!!!! But clearly you are on the right path, headed in the right direction if you lost a cm!!! That is obviously a pound of muscle that you gained.
  • agent99oz
    Options
    I Hope so....I weighed again today and I am down 200gms from last week and I do feel my belly is smaller...just need to crack under the 80kg mark and I would do a happy dance :)