Lacking motivation?

Options
mummybabyjojo
mummybabyjojo Posts: 87 Member
Are any of you lacking motivation lately? I woke up this morning and really couldnt be bothered to get up and jump around so I skipped this morning thinking it'll be allright I'll do it later on today. The thought of spending 1.5hrs exercising is very daunting and I dont really want to do it :-S. I will probably force myself later on as I will regret it if I dont - nonetheless it seems like a huge mission before it has even begun.

Are you guys fighting with the inner head demon as well or is it just me? This week has been really difficult for me to complete, constantly throughout the workouts I've had to stop loads and all the up/down movements even make me feel dizzy at times which is strange as last week i was fine.. Maybe I'm coming down with something and my body is telling me to slow down a bit dunno.

Anyway the point of my post was basically what are you telling yourselves/doing to keep your motivation up as i think mine needs a boost.

Good luck on insane abs today!

Replies

• StephTink76
    StephTink76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!! I did the same thing earlier this week... but never went back to do it... I'll be making it up on Sunday though :)
  • littlecely
    littlecely Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. The motivation is lacking a bit. I still make myself do the exercises but I'm battling with my inner demons as well. I'm also curious to know how everyone else is keeping themselves going...
  • StephTink76
    StephTink76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Don't know about the rest of you... but keeping myself going on pure stubbornness! I will not give up this time!!

That and I know you're all here still battling it out with me! :drinker:
  • mummybabyjojo
    Options
    I'm so pleased you're all feeling the same I was beginning to feel really crappy about it! I decided to do tomorrows workout today and then do cardio cond & abs tomorrow as I didnt have enough time today for both. It wasnt too bad I kind of liked it as the exercises were (dare I say it)quite easy!

I am forcing myself as well whether I like it or not I will complete this program - I find the hardest bit is getting ready to begin i.e. Putting on my shoes, sports gear, getting water etc. once I start the warm up the fear/dread melts away. Need to run on autopilot and stop talking myself out of it!

Thanks guys and keep pushing play we can do this!!
  • lauraashley09
    lauraashley09 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    i'm starting to lack motivation because i'm not losing any more weight. my scale is consistently 2 pounds up from my last weigh in and i've been not going over my calories and i've been working really hard. i'm not sure what's up =\ but it's frustrating! especially because everyone said month 2 is when you'll lose the most weight. i've lost nothing so far in month 2 and i even look fatter!
  • KatyFace9801
    KatyFace9801 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm just feeling burnt out. I totally understand. I honestly feel like one of the main factors in pushing through is that I paid so much for it, I can't not do it.
    Yeah, I skipped Tuesday out of just feeling like "oh, not this again"- so I'll be working out Tuesday. But not with the video. I'm going to go find some other class at the gym or something.

This group is so good for us! I plan on doing it again at the end of the summer. If anyone else is- message me. I love the support system here
  • NyxButterfly
    NyxButterfly Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I could have worked out again but I just... yeah, one of those days where you just don't want to do jack squat. But Today I'm working out. I'm still going to do my best!
  • mummybabyjojo
    Options
    i'm starting to lack motivation because i'm not losing any more weight. my scale is consistently 2 pounds up from my last weigh in and i've been not going over my calories and i've been working really hard. i'm not sure what's up =\ but it's frustrating! especially because everyone said month 2 is when you'll lose the most weight. i've lost nothing so far in month 2 and i even look fatter!

I havent lost any weight at all from doing insanity but my body shape has changed loads I've lost loads of inches from everywhere and the initial 1kg water weight came off right at the beginning. It is disheartening when you look at the scales but I am happy that my shape is changing.

Are you eating enough to fuel your body? You might be holding onto everything due to under feeding? I dont know it does seem strange to me as well that no weight is coming off but I'm sticking to it anyway as i like the high I'm getting off the workouts.

Hope you figure it out!
  • littlecely
    littlecely Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I agree that this group is also a big part of me not stopping. When I think, ah come on I'll just leave it, I remember that I'm not alone in doing this. Somehow I knew I would feel like this, which is why I joined this group in the first place.

And as lack luster as I am on some days (a lot lately) I do want to do the program again. Maybe also at the end of the summer.

So yay for stubborness and seeing this through to the end. The next fittest is looming...
  • lauraashley09
    lauraashley09 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    @mummybabyjojo---I think I wasn't eating enough! i've upped my calories now so we'll see!
  • Artificer22
    Artificer22 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Honestly, you guys are what has kept me motivated. Ive wanted to hang it up so many times but seeing of your posts keeps me going. My weight is not changing a whole lot either, but my body is. Biggest thing for anyone to do is ignore the scale and do the work. Do your measurements because that is where you're going to see the results. First time i tried going thru insanity i made it thru two weeks, didnt see the results i wanted and quit. If i had just stuck to it who knows where id be. Now I see all of you pushing hard right along side me and it makes me proud to be a part of it!!

We're almost there. 2 weeks to go!!!
  • NyxButterfly
    NyxButterfly Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    This past week was shot (thanks mother nature =.=) so I'll be re-doing this past week. So I'll be a week behind everyone. But it's okay; I want to do this right. It's one thing to miss a day or 2, another to miss a whole week!!