Week of April 6

In an effort to 1) keep the group active 2) not let any thread get too long I thought I'd start a thread for every week. We can chit chat, ask for support, give updates or whatever so long as we stay active and support each other!!

I'll start: I feel great today after having a rough week last week. I gained 4 pounds, my measurements didn't go down at all. But thanks to the support I got here I stayed the line, I worked out three times, had my eat up day and today I feel amazing. I have stayed away from the scale, due to some very good advice. Will not weigh in til Wednesday - my usual day. Even though I feel so good today I was tempted to see if the scale reflected it. On a whim I decided to try on some pants that weren't fitting at all a few weeks ago. TADA they fit great. I wore them out to the store even! WOOHOOO!!!!

Replies

• agent99oz
    agent99oz Posts: 185 Member
    Hi all

Yah an accountability thread :) - Your week sounds great so far!

I am into Week 2 - Thursday is the end of my week. I hate starting a program on a Monday :) I have only lost 100gms so far however I lost a cm off my waist last week so I will take it. I weigh again on Thursday morning but I won't hold my breath!
    I have a cardio session planned tonight, did 2nd workout of week 2 yesterday and I managed all 3 planks for 60 seconds which was a positive
    Hope everyone elses weeks are going well
  • ktaylormusic
    ktaylormusic Posts: 151 Member
    Hey, good idea on the weekly thread thing.

well, after yesterday's week 1 day 1 my legs are SO SORE. not so bad when I woke up but now later, ooh wow. I can say for sure that I will NOT be doing another session tomorrow.

question for you more experienced folk: does the soreness continue? I mean, I like to know I've worked out, but I'm practically HOBBLING here.
  • Josieee15
    Josieee15 Posts: 26 Member
    Well I've had a hard two weeks. I hurt my back and cannot exercise which has led to a spiral of indulgence, which has led to guilt and more back pain! :sad:

I am not going to weigh myself. Just start again from week six and draw a big line under it. I will not sabotage myself again. Thanks to the posts here too - they help big time. Wish me luck. I will report back again next week with better news. :wink:
  • agent99oz
    It's called Dom's : Delayed onset muscle soreness and yes it is sore. Water will help and just more training. I found those curtsey lunges in the first week a killer!
  • OMG!! YES!! The curtsy lunges and the reverse lunges did me in!! I felt like I RIPPED my hamstrings on the first ones. I suggest you DO work out tomorrow!! Just modify the one that you think did the most damage. For me I couldn't go all the way to the ground on those lunges like I did that first time. After a few weeks of that I now am down to the ground without the ripping sensations. Believe it or not the working out actually helps it to go away!! What I've noticed is that my body will acclimate and I will no longer have that "oh I worked out" burn and then the next workout is so intense that I feel it again! Yesterday was one of those days!! Week 7 day 1 I think (can't keep it straight) that I did on Saturday I really pushed myself - maybe a little too far. But today its all good so I don't think it was too far after all.

PS: I know everyone's weeks start on different day; mine starts on Wednesday - but our calender weeks usually start on Sundays or Mondays so I thought that was more universal for us to communicate and check in!
  • Welcome back pants!! I had seen that you hadn't logged in and was wondering what happened to you. It wasn't your usual MO. Sorry to hear about your back!! I have back problems myself, so I understand what you are talking about.

Your plan sounds right on though! Start fresh where you left off!! WOOHOO!! Here's to a good week for you!
  • Josieee15
    Thanks for the motivation. You're a star!! x
  • YOU'RE the star!!! 17 pounds lost!!! You're my motivation!!
  • RockVixen
    RockVixen Posts: 63 Member
    I am having a hard time this week! Last week 1000 Calories was easy. This week even with the 168 fasting I can"t seem to keep under 1200 even. But the good thing is, even at 1300ish and with increased activity I'm doing better than I was before I started and eating less. Probably just won't see huge results. I am keeping up with the workouts though and I'm looking very forward to getting some definition in my muscles!
  • Rock - I am doing VERY well if I can do 1,000. I am normally at 1200. Sometimes 1100. Its just how it is. 1,000 is MINIMUM anyway so I think 1200 is really good! Now yesterday was my eat up day and I still woke up at 3 am starving. That is an intrigue to me. Wondering what is going on with that. I haven't seen anywhere near the 5 pounds weight loss a week they said is POSSIBLE, but I'm ok with that. I'm in week 8 and I've lost 9 pounds, that includes two weeks where I didn't lose anything and last week when I gained 4!! I keep trying to remember that are bodies are mostly fluid - which means our bodies are fluid - so our weight loss/body sculpting will ALSO be FLUID!! (lol get it?) I would be miserable on 1000 calories I think. I am quite happy on the 1200. Any days where I do less is just an added bonus.
  • Ok, so I didn't feel like doing my workout today. I was tired and sore and just lazy. I forced myself to do it anyway and I am so glad I did!! I feel more relaxed, less tired and skinnier (LOL)!!

I think I am officially a venus workout junky!!!
  • agent99oz
    Go you :)
  • Josieee15
    well done you!! :flowerforyou:
  • RockVixen
    RockVixen Posts: 63 Member
    Way to go! I'm always proud of myself when I get the workout done early so I can stop stressing about it the rest of the day.