how was everyones weekend?

Options
bm1409
bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
I didn't get any workouts in but I did pretty good on my food choices. I ate most of my calories for lunch and mainly had a protein bar for a evening snack. Tomorrow I will be back on track with my workouts. But all in all I think I had a good weekend.

Replies

• jackson7478
    jackson7478 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Was doing good until my nephew and BIL came to work on the riding mower to get it ready for the season. They brought me a dish of soft serve ice cream. Of course, I had to eat it, LOL!! Luckily it was a small dish. I was able to do my Tai Chi DVD and Leslie Sansone DVD's this weekend. Hope everyone had a great weekend.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Was great, I worked out Friday and Saturday, maintained my weight loss and went to reptile expo on Sunday.
  • StreetBystander
    StreetBystander Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    It was pretty good. I've stuck within my calorie goals so far and I even let myself eat back quite a bit of my exercise calories Saturday (which is something I can struggle with). After my long run and a two hour pool party I really needed it and it helped me not feel guilty about eating out for dinner. (Mongolian BBQ. Yum.)
  • BeckyLF05
    BeckyLF05 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I had a WONDERFUL weekend! I made GREAT food choices and was under on calories all weekend! I walked 5 miles on Friday on and 4 on Saturday. Today we did yard work ALL day. I am proud of myself this weekend! Here's to many more great weekends for all of us!!!!:drinker:
  • terriejones
    terriejones Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    After three and a half days of pigging out, I found ot very hard to quit. I ate all kinds of junk and too much good food on Fri. and Sat. Today I managed to get in some time on the elliptical and take, The Tornado, out for a walk. She likes to go see the goats that live around the corner and I like to pick up the old, free newspapers, that have coupons in them. Its a win-win. It's back to school tomorrow, yikes, Spring Break went by, entirely too fast!:sad: Time to buckle down.
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Had a nice fun busy weekend.
    Went to the botanical gardens and Toranga zoo in Sydney.
    Have been getting my exercise in with dvd and running around the Sydney Opera House plus walking and taking the train everywhere.

I had too many calories yesterday as I had 2 low blood sugar episodes. I had breakfast and dinner too late. I ate about 400 over. Not that big of a deal.

Been making sure to eat on time today.
  • cathy0536
    cathy0536 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I had a good weekend, did my planned exercise including starting C25K yesterday. Was invited out at the last minute for dinner on Sat night but ate healthier than I had planned as my friend has food tolerance issues and eats very cleanly. Hadn't planned to drink so much wine but was only just over calories and well under yesterday.

Party for my nearly 9 year old went well but we were exhausted by last night so sat and watched the last 2 Harry Potter films in our PJs!

Have lots of work travel this week so will be making good food choices and taking my trainers and DVDs with me...
  • meganmoore112
    meganmoore112 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Great weekend! I haven't been purposely exercising lately, just meeting step goals on Fitbit which essentially means that I need some exercise. I hit 15,000 steps on Saturday and 10,000 yesterday. Yesterday's steps were just walking around Busch Gardens for half the day. It was a pretty, sunny day but a little chilly.

We're on spring break this week, so it will be more of a challenge to meet my step goals because I usually get over 5,000 just walking around my classroom. It's raining today so I'll probably do some kind of workout video.

Later plans for the week include the zoo, Busch Gardens again, and probably the Children's Museum. I live in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia if you were wondering :). We are passholders for Busch Gardens Williamsburg.
  • Lifeisfantastic
    Lifeisfantastic Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I also had a good weekend. It was very relaxing, but I did get some work done. Finished a couple of house projects that have been on my list for some time. Exercised a lot, played tennis, ate well. Spent some time socializing with friends that we don't see very often. Overall, I couldn't ask for more...
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Bad weekend for me. I had to take the train to the gym on Friday. When I got there I realized I had my son's shorts. Went back home by train. By that time it was too late to get back. I did manage to work out at home a little. Saturday and Sunday were total wastes. I didn't get to work out and didn't accomplish anything I wanted to. Sunday was the nicest day of the year and I didn't get out.
    The only bright side is that while I was around lots of food the whole day (Pre-passover prep), I managed to stay away from "most" of it (notice the 100 quick add calories :smile: ).
  • bitxbit
    bitxbit Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    My weekend didn't run out exactly as planned, but, better than if I'd had no plan at all!:smile: Got a little walking in, some quiet at home time, on a rainy Sunday. Did very well on my food choices, so all is good.:drinker:
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I attended two birthday celebration dinners, two parties, and my boyfriend's frat rented out an entire bar on Saturday night. It got ugly, but I feel no guilt or shame. Gotta have a good time mixed in there with the discipline :)
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Pretty average weekend. Got some good workouts in, probably ate back most or all of my calories however so didn't move the ball too far scale wise. I do alot of the cooking at home, made chocolate mousse parfaits for dessert. I substituted greek vanilla yogurt in for the whipped cream on mine. It wasn't horrible but the tangy yogurt favor didn't jive well with the mousse. I probably didn't do myself any favors by rationalizing that licking the beaters, etc. doesn't count--even if standing while licking.
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I probably didn't do myself any favors by rationalizing that licking the beaters, etc. doesn't count--even if standing while licking.

If you do it over the sink it definitely doesn't count
  • Frayde
    Frayde Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    The only bright side is that while I was around lots of food the whole day (Pre-passover prep), I managed to stay away from "most" of it

Okay weekend for me, but I wasn't down any pounds this morning. But it's not Friday yet. Had a good walk on Saturday! Didn't get one on Sunday, but got a lot done otherwise.

My question, Shmu, is what to do about Pesach food? We switched to sweet potato latkes at Channukah and that helped then. At least my Grandma is not here telling me to "eat!" She was such a cliché.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I probably didn't do myself any favors by rationalizing that licking the beaters, etc. doesn't count--even if standing while licking.

If you do it over the sink it definitely doesn't count

Brilliant. It seems so obvious now.
  • KMasz
    KMasz Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Seems like everyone had mixed weekends, but looks like the majority was good! I had a completely mixed weekend. It started out bad, real bad. I overate at dinner on Friday night, and then I over drank at the party I went to (which lasted until 3:30 am). This all resulted in me sleeping way late on Saturday (11 am, yes that's considered sleeping late for me). I didn't get any lifting in, I thought I was doomed. So I then decided not to track my calories for the rest of the weekend (why? just why? i don't know.) this is usually a death sentence for me and I usually go on a food frenzy, but it did the opposite for me. I can't say how well I did calorie wise, but my food choices turned out to be pretty healthy, I didn't stuff my face, and I didn't even drink alcohol the rest of the weekend.

Exercise wise I did much better than I expected. Saturday I went for a 90 minute walk with the boyfriend and pup. On sunday I was motivated to run, so I did a 2 mile loop run around my neighborhood, and as I was passing my house to continue for a 2nd loop, my boyfriend was waiting for me. he was on break from work and wanted to go for a run with me so we drove to a local reservior and I ran another 5 miles with him! and he runs a lot faster than me, but I was dertermined to keep up (and I did for the most part, he only had to pause a little 3 times lol) I love this nicer weather, gets me moving on the weekends! which is just what I need to be successful.
  • Taylorxxlynne
    Taylorxxlynne Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    My weekend was good with my workouts but not with my eating. But I've been good with my water too
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I was having a pretty good week.

I was walking around the house as I was just a few hundred steps of my fitbit goal and I had a sudden crushing chest pain. It just lasted for a few seconds. It was around 10pm and I was trying to decide if I should go to the doctor or not. After 30 minutes, I did and they said I had high blood pressure and atypical ecg so they sent me over to the hospital for tests and monitoring. They kicked me out around 6am but want me to follow up on the HBP and sleep study for possible sleep apnea. Nothing like spending the night in the hospital. I am pretty tired from no sleep today but have to get this report done for tomorrow.

The good thing is I have a complete physical every year so they can see any changes.
  • KMasz
    KMasz Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    I was having a pretty good week.

I was walking around the house as I was just a few hundred steps of my fitbit goal and I had a sudden crushing chest pain. It just lasted for a few seconds. It was around 10pm and I was trying to decide if I should go to the doctor or not. After 30 minutes, I did and they said I had high blood pressure and atypical ecg so they sent me over to the hospital for tests and monitoring. They kicked me out around 6am but want me to follow up on the HBP and sleep study for possible sleep apnea. Nothing like spending the night in the hospital. I am pretty tired from no sleep today but have to get this report done for tomorrow.

The good thing is I have a complete physical every year so they can see any changes.

Wow, that must have been scary! Glad to hear you are okay, and hopefully they can pinpoint what the problem is.