Add on days ... or double-up?

Options
MrsV1983
MrsV1983 Posts: 39 Member
I completely fell off the wagon this weekend. I did not shred Fri-Sun, and while I have good reasons, I am determined to get back on the horse. I am so upset at myself b/c it was just the first week...but I had a 2500 word paper due midnight Sunday for my graduate class, plus taking care of my two babies while my husband worked long days both Sat & Sun. I got caught up in my weekend routines (meal prepping, laundry and clothes prepping, cleaning, gymnastics class, etc) and doing my paper, that I just forgot to do it. I am going to plan it into my weekends from now on for sure!!

Anyway, what do you all suggest as far as catching up...should I double up the next few days (do back-to-back workouts) or just add on three days to the end of my 30 days? I have been doing two workouts last week anyway (30DS and the elliptical or 30DS and Zumba Core on the Wii) so that's not an issue. Just not sure if it'll have the same effect as doing it once a day for 30 days...

Replies

• WordWhimsy
    WordWhimsy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    If it was me, I'd probably just add days at the end, but it's up to you. I think either would be fine.
  • WordWhimsy
    Options
    I think the biggest thing is don't get discouraged! Just get back on track, and don't let it get you down. Before when I started on my own, and I'd fall off the wagon, I'd just say "screw it" and give up. Just don't give up! You can do it!
  • MrsV1983
    Options
    Thank you! I usually do just give up if I miss this many days, but surprisingly this group motivates me to keep with it! I appreciate your feedback :smile:
  • babinsiegel
    babinsiegel Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I would add on to the end too but that's just me. It'll keep you in the habit longer that way :)

I agree- I missed yesterday and normally that would totally kill me but I'm looking forward to tonights workout. Its really nice to feel accountable to someone!!
  • WordWhimsy
    Options
    I'm loving this group too! In fact so much, I've already been thinking about what we'll do on May 1st?

I'm thinking 6 weeks to a 6 pack?
  • sweetu24
    sweetu24 Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm loving this group too! In fact so much, I've already been thinking about what we'll do on May 1st?

Even I have same thoughts. I am in...I just don't want to loose the tempo so want to keep doing something.
  • mirampersanda
    Options
    I completely fell off the wagon this weekend. I did not shred Fri-Sun, and while I have good reasons, I am determined to get back on the horse. I am so upset at myself b/c it was just the first week...but I had a 2500 word paper due midnight Sunday for my graduate class, plus taking care of my two babies while my husband worked long days both Sat & Sun. I got caught up in my weekend routines (meal prepping, laundry and clothes prepping, cleaning, gymnastics class, etc) and doing my paper, that I just forgot to do it. I am going to plan it into my weekends from now on for sure!!

Anyway, what do you all suggest as far as catching up...should I double up the next few days (do back-to-back workouts) or just add on three days to the end of my 30 days? I have been doing two workouts last week anyway (30DS and the elliptical or 30DS and Zumba Core on the Wii) so that's not an issue. Just not sure if it'll have the same effect as doing it once a day for 30 days...

Hey! If it makes you feel any better, I missed two days of the shred. I did day 5 today and I am planning on doing my "day 6" tonight. I am doubling up tomorrow so I can get caught up. Don't get discouraged! We can still rock this out!
  • mirampersanda
    Options

I am thinking about doing Ripped in 30!
  • MrsV1983
    Options
    I would add on to the end too but that's just me. It'll keep you in the habit longer that way :)

I agree- I missed yesterday and normally that would totally kill me but I'm looking forward to tonights workout. Its really nice to feel accountable to someone!!

That's true! Yes, definitely need to keep up the habit lol. I'm looking forward to the whole 30 days process...which feels really good. Usually I feel daunted by these 30-day, 60-day, 90-day programs but not this time! :)
  • MrsV1983
    Options

That's probably one of the few JM DVDs I don't have! But I'd be willing to get it, if we do that next. I'm down for either that or Ripped in 30 (which I got for Christmas but haven't taken the plastic wrap off yet :frown:)
  • MrsV1983
    Options

Hey! If it makes you feel any better, I missed two days of the shred. I did day 5 today and I am planning on doing my "day 6" tonight. I am doubling up tomorrow so I can get caught up. Don't get discouraged! We can still rock this out!

Hey there! Good for you! I think I'm going to double-up just two days (today and tmo) and then count the third missed day as a rest day, this time. If this turns into a habit for me, I'll just add on to the end of the 30 days. Thanks for the encouragement! :smile: