Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• sphkhn
    sphkhn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    W3 Day1 I kept going until I reached 5K and it took 39 min! I am so proud of myself I couldn't imagine running 3 months ago.
  • GrindingSalt
    GrindingSalt Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Graduated about 6 weeks ago, ran my first ever 5k a month ago, then STOPPED running to let a stress fracture heal.

Today was my first run in about 4 weeks. I was really nervous that I would've lost all my progress. I decided to drop all the way back to W5D2, 8r/5w/8r. The first 8 felt great, the break felt indulgent, then the second 8 felt so good I ran right through the cool down and another 2 minutes! I'm so pleased that I didn't lose all my hard work : )

Next goals are to work back to my 35 minutes, sign up for another race, and run across the Queensboro bridge -- which is 1.5 miles each way : ) and just a couple blocks from where I live.
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Finished w1d3 today
  • EmilyTabawhat
    Options
    just finished Week 3 Day 2, and discovered this thread today. Hoping seeing everyone else in here doing so well will help me stay focused! :) this is my second time attempting the C25K program and I'm further then I've ever been! Thanks for the motivation!
  • jeridith
    jeridith Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    W6D3 done! Actually done yesterday, but forgot to update :)
  • sphkhn
    Options
    I was bad went two days in a row, Week 3 Day 2 went 2.5miles
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Did W2 D3
  • jeridith
    Options
    W7D1 done!
  • elenagking
    elenagking Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I started C25k today! I did it a year ago and loved it, then got busy and stopped running. :(

I walked and stretched a lot last week, then built up my knee joints with osteo bi-flex for a few days.
    (I'm afraid of injuring my knees again).

Today went great! I love the runner's high!
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Did W3D1
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    I made it all the way to Week 8 in Jan-Feb and then went to a long business trip. Spent all March in the other hemisphere with zero personal time and no running at all. Just got back last week, overcame 12 hour jetlag and started today from Week 4 again. W4D1 done! I am determined to finish it by May 18th!
  • megan_elizabeth8
    megan_elizabeth8 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    W6D3 done
  • whollybologna
    whollybologna Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I did week 1: day 1
    I'm super excited!

but I gotta get me some decent running shoes.

it's technically the second day, but the first day with the app.

can only do it twice a week...
  • greff13
    greff13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm on W6D1 for about a week now. I can make it the first 10 minutes and then the 3 minute walk, but trying to make it through the second 10 minutes has been a killer! I refuse to quit trying though. I think by Friday I should have it completed!! :smile:
  • traelime
    traelime Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    W2D2 complete! I was horrible last week and didn't run at all so I was worried about this one but I made it through! W2D3 here I come.
  • Tofteberg
    Tofteberg Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Week 4 day 1. I'm enjoying this!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I'm on W6D1 for about a week now. I can make it the first 10 minutes and then the 3 minute walk, but trying to make it through the second 10 minutes has been a killer! I refuse to quit trying though. I think by Friday I should have it completed!! :smile:

Maybe you need to slow down?

You've come this far, you can do this!
  • megan_elizabeth8
    megan_elizabeth8 Posts: 216 Member
    Options

You made it through w5d3, so you can do this! Just slow down maybe?
  • sphkhn
    Options
    W3D3 can't wait to move to week 4.
  • jeridith
    Options
    W7D2 done!