30 Day No Booze Challenge in April

Options
2»

Replies

• LadyMud17
    LadyMud17 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Just checking in with every, seeing how they did over the weekend :)
  • bethanyka
    bethanyka Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys ----
    I did good, I'm still on track.

I packed my weekend full of good/ wholesome activities:

went to an early movie with my cousin on Friday after work
    did my taxes
    got a mani AND pedi
    watched final 4 games at home with my dog
    took the bus downtown and went shopping, bought some makeup and clothes
    took a walk and bought myself flowers
    went to see Captain America 2 with a friend on Sunday afternoon

I did well, but I'm running out of ideas.!!!!
    Usually I would not go to see 2 movies in one weekend, but.......

How is everyone else doing, what works for you ?
  • These_goto_11
    These_goto_11 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm out. I am trying to change too many things at once. No drinking, no smoking, eating right. Right now I'm focusing on staying under calorie goal, eating right and moving. While this has helped me cut back, I still would like to go at least 30 days.

Have surgery soon, and will definitely not be drinking during to recovery!

You guys are doing awesome!

Bethany-that sooooo looks like a Bichon in that pic! I saw the other pics though, and I can see the difference now
  • su11378
    su11378 Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm on day 14 and I'm starting to get bored! Luckily this weekend my mom was in town and we went to a show and out to eat…was sooooo tempted to have just one glass of wine but did not. It IS getting easier as the days go by but I have two events this week with friends (including a Phillies game) that has me highly panicked that I'll cave!!!
  • bethanyka
    Options
    Molly -

I'm in the same boat, a friend invited me to box seats for White Sox next week.

(I'm a Yankees fan) Let's be realistic, I'm not gonna go to a baseball game and not have a few beers.
    I'm just not!
    If you can go and not drink , that's great. But this is life, and things come up.

Maybe it will be a good test for yourself, to see if you can drink in moderation, and get right back into the grind the next day without getting into a bad cycle.

One lesson we have learned while calorie counting., on MFP, etc. is that one day off track isn't the end of the world.
    But if we let one day snowball into many days, that's when we get in trouble whether it be food, drinking, or any other weakness.

SO easier said than done.
    I'm still on the fence about going or skipping it. But if i go... I'm going to enjoy and jump right back on the wagon the next day. At least, THAT i know for sure!

:)
    good luck!
    I'm here for support !
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Joining in a little late, but it's never too late to start, right? Although I do have a few beers left in the fridge, lets see how long I can stay away from them! One day at a time!

Anyone else find it extremely hard to fall asleep without drinking?
  • LadyMud17
    Options
    I am here, I admit I am not doing well, but I am doing better than I was. I love the support and the the stories here, and they do help. Thanks so much to everyone!!
  • bethanyka
    Options
    Stazzy-
    I've been OFF the booze since April 1.. and I was having horrible sleep issues. I mostly just feel wide awake, and with no booze, I'm going into my bedroom a lot earlier..... i try to read, watch TV... wide awake
    !
    I have been getting between 2-4 hours of sleep a night.
    ( When i drank - i fell asleep fine but then woke up a few hours later.- not that much better)

Just last night, on the 8th was a bit better, so I'm going to hang in there :)
  • LadyMud17
    Options
    Hang in there Beth!!
    and Thank you to who ever recomended the Kaizen method (ONe small step). I think this is the way to go for me! Thank you everyone for all the support, stories and success!
  • bethanyka
    Options
    Hi All!

I have to update my post from yesterday. I had been having a rough time sleeping,
    well, last night I got an amazing night's sleep, finally ! First time in a while.
    Hopefully this continues!

Agreed ^ One step at a time!
    Nobody expects you to go from 0 to 100 overnight, so don't put that on yourself.
    If you shoot for a little progress each week, that's success!

Thanks to all! Faith and Keep hanging in there :)
  • bethanyka
    Options
    Update: I had some wine this weekend.
    I'm mad at myself, because I also ate more than I should have.

Well, all I can do is jump back into it!

if i can avoid booze for 95% of the month........
    .... that would be still be a big improvement!
  • jacques57
    jacques57 Posts: 2,129 Member
    Options
    You and me both. I went on a binge when left home alone. Two bottles of wine were consumed. There is no good reason for doing that. That was Friday. Today is Monday and I am not drinking.
  • LadyMud17
    Options
    I has been a rough weekend, but today is dry!
  • bethanyka
    Options
    Jacques- I know what you mean, I was "left home alone" too and gave in....

After 2 weeks of no booze, my sober high was zapped.

I definitely DID NOT like the way I felt this weekend - ( physical feeling aside ) - I just felt down.
    It took me a day to bounce back, ........... last night I went to sleep early, got up today with a good attitude and I feel a million times better.

Gave me even more motivation to stay on track!
  • jacques57
    jacques57 Posts: 2,129 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is the last day of April. Not a weekend. Let's finish the month in fine form by meeting our personal goals.

For me April was good, and May will be better. You?
  • bethanyka
    Options
    Hi Guys!

My results for the month of April
    .... I had a drink on 6 out of 30 days.

That's 80% SOBER for the month
    which is A HUGE improvement for me!

Not perfect for these reasons:
    1) on the days i did drink, I ate too much too.
    2) Also, the days i drank were 2 at a time.. So i had 3 drinking "binges" of 2 days each ( which is better than 3-5 days!)

Need more CONTROL!
    That I will focus on for May-- But overall, I'm proud at myself for my ability to reduce my intake!

Hope everyone else had a good ending for the month!

Bethany