Link vs Core?!

Options
OMGeeeHorses
OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
Hey guys I figured I would ask for your help :). I have a core media armband, long story short it was having issues and they sent me out a new one...well so I thought. They ended up sending me a Link instead of a core armband. I called them and told them what happened, they told me to try it out and if I didn't like it they would send me a core armband back and if I tried the link and I loved it then they wouldn't charge me :)!

Which I have no issue with that...my question is, does the Bluetooth connection with the Link really make it that much better? The reason I ask that, is because my core armband is smaller than the Link armband and I already have the display for the Core armband which granted means I have to carry it around and with the Link I wouldn't need that as it works with my phone. I guess I am more concerned with the reviews of the Bluetooth is wonky and half the time won't sync up..So what would you do? because I know honestly I get the best of both worlds, because either way I have a working device. But wanted to know what others thought of there Link :)

thanks for reading my long question/rant lol

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I like the Link, being able to see how I am doing throughout the day while on the go is a huge plus for me. I have no issues syncing the bluetooth.
  • lisab64mfp
    lisab64mfp Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I belong to a facebook group that is mostly BMF owners and it sounds like right now they are having issues w/the Core over-estimating calories burned since their last update (month or so ago). Those that have the display show the correct activity and calorie burned numbers there but once they sync to the site they are getting 300-500 extra calories and hours more of activity (ie getting activity when laying in bed reading or flying on a plane).
    I have the Link and haven't had any issues w/the bluetooth. I've been waiting for the release of the Core2 because I really don't like the size of the Link but.............................not happy w/BMF and their answers about when so right now I'm on my last week w/the BMF.
  • tinkystyle
    tinkystyle Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm a relatively new BMF user. I have the Link. I dislike how large it is compared to the Core, but I like havng the option to check on my progress during the day on my phone. Having said that, I've only actually ever checked it on my phone a few times. I usually sync and charge in the evening.

I purchased the Link because of the bluetooth option. But, if I had to do it again, I would have just gone with the smaller Core.
  • kelleybean1
    kelleybean1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    DON'T GET THE CORE!!!!! They totally screwed it up when they changed the algorithm in early March, Now it overestimates calories burned. I finally dropped my account because the information on the computer was worthless (the display still gives accurate burns, but you can only access the previous day) The Link may be bigger, but at least it is still accurate!
  • JRadd14
    JRadd14 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I have the Link and love it. Yes, occassionally there are sync issues but it usually is around when MFP or BM does updates. I love being able to see where I'm at in calorie burn, steps, etc. And I use it when I workout using an Open Workout to see how many calories I'm burning during my workout. I do this for T25, Zumba, etc. And I can see how much sleep I got, current calorie defecit, and upload... Love it!
  • AHASRADA
    AHASRADA Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have had the Link since Thanksgiving, and can't imagine using it without the Bluetooth capability. I never sync it or charge it to the computer. For some reason, the idea of having to take it off, pop it out of the band and hook it up to the computer every time I want to sync just doesn't seem practical.

I check my progress on my iPod 4-5 times a day, then hit upload and all the info. goes to the activity manager. No need to sync to the computer. I charge it every 10 days or so overnight using a USB wall plug. That's the only time I remove the unit from the arm band, so that is when I switch arm bands and wash the worn one.

It works very well for me, I haven't had any issues. Once in a great while (maybe once or twice a month) it doesn't sync to my iPod. Usually if I close the app and reopen, it works. If that fails, I close the app, shut down my iPod, turn it back on and reopen the app, and that always does the trick. Again, this is rare, but I have never had to unpair devices, etc.

I'd give it an honest try (like a week or two) and see what you think :)