how was everyones weekend?

Options
2»

Replies

• bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Glad your ok.....that had to be a really scary. Make sure you talk to your doctor before exercising. They might want you to keep it light (walking) until your blood pressure is lower.
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Thanks. My appointment is tomorrow so hopefully I can get some meds to bring it down until they figure out what the deal is.

I thought losing weight would make my bp go down, not up.
    I am afraid to do any exercise so I just did my steps on fit bit and that was it.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Since you survived the hospital that's a good sign that you are in better shape than you feared.
  • mspoopoo
    Options
    Since you survived the hospital that's a good sign that you are in better shape than you feared.

Good grief isn't that the truth!

Don't expect any rest in the hospital as they woke me up at 1am to take a chest xray lol.

Doctor's appointment today so we'll see what they have to say about all this.
  • terriejones
    terriejones Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Mspoopoo, It took me awhile to get back and read the rest of the posts. Sorry to read about your HBP. Hope they can figure out what's going on. I've lost 65 lbs,. and my BP and cholesterol are still high. and my weight is in the normal range, Go figure. Wishing you the best, Terrie
  • mspoopoo
    Options
    Thanks. I have heard similar things from people who lost weight and their bp was still high.

I am cleared for exercise but have to go get a 24 hour blood pressure study to find out if it is really high or not. He tested my home monitor and it runs a little high compared to the one at the doctor.

And my home scale is weighing me 2lbs heavier than the scale at the doctor. :)

So I really weight 2lbs less than I thought!