April Exercise Challenge (read first post)

Options

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am really frustrated this morning....two days ago my scale read 376, and this morning it was 380.6, even though I have been watching what I eat, under my calorie allowance for several days now....

Not having a loss would have been fine, as it has not been that long, but an almost five pound gain? WTF?
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Unknown, don't get to upset, there could be a lot with it, such as maybe a period is coming which I gain when I am on mine but then it goes away just as fast, muscles are holding water from working out, or for me I have noticed I could be anywhere from 334-337 its a 3 lb thing for me. just remember you are doing the right things. I know when I was sick all I had was soup thats it and some how I gained 3 lbs and I was so mad and ticked off at my self, plus I couldn't work out at all which made me even more ticked. just keep doing what your doing. I know for me it really took a month to really start to see and now 3 months in and eating healthy and working out the weight is dropping. give it time and don't give up. you got this

as for today I am doing to walk and do zumba and some arm weights. I am trying to tone my arms more because of the dress I'm going to be in for my mom's wedding, its strapless and of course I am the biggest in the wedding haha but I don't care because its my mom and she loves me and wants me in it.
  • Zombieinkpot
    Zombieinkpot Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, sorry I've been absent for a few days. I really let things get to me and I was spiralling, but I went for a long walk today and I plan on doing my weights and the biggest loser video tomorrow. How have you all been getting on?

@Skittles - *hugs* You are right, you are doing this because you love yourself and you want the best for yourself. I am so glad you feel amazing - you should, because you are amazing! And this group is awesome. :flowerforyou:

@Sadie - thank you. Playing with dogs is such fun! I did scent training with my dog on Sunday. I hid things around the garden and sent him to find them. We were both laughing as he whizzed around, finding the hidden item in record time and then looking at me saying 'What's next?'. How is work going? Are you still really busy?

@Star - No way! I can't believe the triathlon is this weekend! Time flies. You will do awesome, you have put so much work in. :drinker: And stand up paddle boarding sounds great fun.

@Unknown - welcome! This group is the best. Star, Sadie and Skittles are the nicest, warmest, friendliest most welcoming people on MFP. That's great your son got an interview, I hope he gets the job. Don't worry about putting on weight. The first month I started on MFP I ate under my calorie goal every day and went for a five minute walk and I put on weight! But I started losing from the second month on and it has been pretty consistent since then.
  • starchile
    starchile Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hey all!!!

Skittles: I LOVE fitness blender!! I just frickin love the INTERNET...lol. sooo many places to find free stuff where as before you'd have to rent or buy in order to have. I'm going to check out that arm workout cuz Yeah...it ain't pretty when I lift my arms!!! LOL. And YES!!! You have the PERFECT attitude!!!! (I'm so proud of you!) WHO CARES if you are the biggest??? It IS YOUR MOM!!! She loves you dearly and wants you in the wedding so WHATEVER to anybody who has a problem with it!! But you know what? I bet no one even thinks about that but you. lol. That little voice in our heads that say weird/stupid or mean stuff to us just needs to shut the hell up! Just go and enjoy yourself and support your mom! <3

Sadie: Sssaaadddiiieee where arrrrrreeeee youuuuuu???

Zombie: YES!!!!! It's crazy!!! I can't believe it's here! I'm looking forward to it but I'm also anxious. lol. This is my 3rd one and I'm always freaked out right before! And awwweeeeeeeeeee you are the Sweetest!!! I think we are all good to each other here because we ALL know the struggle! We know the pain, the heartache, the frustration, the depression, the self doubt and even sometimes the self hate that comes with being larger and trying to lose weight. So, at least for me, I don't feel like I'm in any position to JUDGE anyone...just accept and support. And on that note...I'm glad you caught yourself mid-spiral!!!! just keep checking in here!! We'll try to help you through!

Unknown: Skittles said everything I was going to say. The only thing I would add is that I'VE BEEN THERE...I know when the scale is saying ugly stuff it's hard on our minds. HOWEVER just know that if you are eating right and doing your exercise then it is PHYSIOLOGICALLY IMPOSSIBLE for that weight to be FAT. That's just not the way it works. So the only thing that it could POSSIBLY be is water weight (I mean unless your scale is wacky?). So, knowing that it's water weight..and like Skittles said, your muscles hold on to water when we exercise...a lot more than we think...have you been drinking boatloads of water??? you gotta drink water to flush water...I know that seems counterintuitive but it's true. Keep pushing girl!!

As for me, did another brick workout this evening and hide the bike on LEVEL 15!!! and not only that...I broke my fastest time record by about 30secs! Not that I'm going for time, but I just wanted to push myself. UNFORTUNATELY my running has gone backwards. I think during that time when I got a little lazy my stamina slipped. Soo, I havent been able to jog a mile in a few weeks but that's ok. I will do jog/walk intervals and that will be MORE than what I've done in the past. Also, my workout buddy and I are going to try to get an open water swim in on Friday at a nearby lake. EXCITING!!! My eating has been better!!! YAYY! I think when I exercise I tend to eat less for some weird reason. lol.

Anyway...have a great day tomorrow Ladies!!! I'm rooting for each and every one of us!!!
  • SadieRose07
    SadieRose07 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Super fast fly by from me - cause this week work wise has been SO busy! OMG! I can't keep up and there's 10 things going on at once. LOL But, the positive is food has been quite good, even on the low side (which is not good) and I've gotten in walks evvery single day. NO idea what the scale will say - I'm still up from my lowest of 299. Striving to get back under 300!

I've not made all my exercise minutes - but the way I'm looking at it is this: I'm doing way better then I was in March, and it's a goal. If you don't achieve it right away, you just work harder to get to it later - hope that makes sense.

I'll be back tonight to read through everyone's posts and comment, just wanted to let you all know I haven't fallen off the wagon or gone MIA. Welcome Unknown!

P.s. if anyone wants to friend me, I'm open to that. :-D
    p.p.s I'm not putting the numbers at the end of my posts anymore cause I've lost track of which minutes I've counted and which I haven't. LOL I will tabulate using the reports at the end of April and report back to the group.
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    Everyone is doing amazing, I love reading what everyone is doing. Keep it up, we all have this:heart:

Zombie its just great to walk I love it, it clears my head and thank you for the kind words but it is this whole site and everyone on here who helps me out.

Star I got a huge kick out of what you said because your 100% right its all in my head and I know I'll be the only one looking at my arms haha, also fitness bender is my fav haha I am going to be doing one soon. also WTG on breaking the 30secs, thats amazing and I understand what you mean you are doing it to just break your own records. I get it, I do that with my walking.:drinker:

Sadie I'm sorry about work being so busy but rock on girl with the food, that is always so hard. some days its easy for me, others not at all. and walking every day is really great. keep it up plus I bet your dog loves it too :) also you can get under 300 I know we all can. we are working so hard

today I was going to my body pump, I showed up 40 mins early and got the times wrong haha so I just went walking and I'm going to do some weights and later tonight I have my core class. thats the class I bust my butt in and feel like I have a hose over my head haha
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Had a terrible day yesterday, but am hoping to do better today....thanks for the support ladies!
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    @Star - Yay! On beating your time, that's awesome.

@Sadie - I'm so impressed you're going for walks and managing your food when you're so busy. You rock!

@Unknown - have a fantastic day today!

@Skittles - oh no! I once rushed to the gym for an aqua aerobics class and waited in the pool for 25 minutes before I realised I'd arrived a day early! Lol. Have fun at your class this evening.

I did the biggest loser workout today and did some walking too. I tried on some clothes I haven't been able to wear for four years and they fit! I might be brave enough to try on my jeans soon.

Have a great day!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I had a rough day again today, but already feeling positive tomorrow......

How long have you gals been members of MFP?
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    Unknown we all have bad days we just learn from them and move on to make choices. You can do this. What do you have planed for tomorrow? And I will hit 95 days tomorrow. Woo hooo I'm excited about this.

Zombie that is super awesome about the clothes it's like you went shopping haha. Love the feeling I have a pair of size 26 in my closet I'm hoping I can wear them soon. But I am lowering all over just now my stomach as fast that wasn't to say as long as it can lol plus my hubby noticed my breast aren't as full as they use to be ahhhh that part I didn't like so much but he wasn't being mean or rude about it I just don't have 20 year old breast anymore lmao

Today I did my walking and my core class and tomorrow I have my core walking class in the am and some weights in the afternoon
  • starchile
    Options
    @skittles: Gurrrrrrlllll!!!! My boobs look like two deflated balloons since I've lost weight!!! HAHAHHA! I dont mind having smaller boobs cuz I'm not too fond of big boobs but DANG...why did they have to go FLAT ON ME??? HAHHA!

@unknown: I wonder if the scale going up discouraged you?? I know that has happened to me on more occasions than I can count. It's like you feel like you are trying really hard and doing the right things and then BOOM the scale slaps you in the face and makes you feel like you are doing all that hard work for nothing. Then you think "well damn! If I'm just going to gain weight ANYWAY I might as well have some chocolate chip cookies!" (that's MY scenario anyway! LOL) This journey can be very difficult and there are no easy answers. Hang in there girl. this time around I think I have 186 days.

Oh and SKITTLES!! I thought about you as I was grumbling about another MFP'er on my friends list that made me mad! LOL. So here I am struggling to eat clean and put healthy nutrients in my body...NOT losing any weight...and I look at her food diary and I SWEAR TO YOU I"M NOT EXAGGERATING when I say that EVERY SINGLE DAY she eats fast food for all three meals. Pizza, hamburgers, tacos...you name it...and EVERY week she loses weight! I'm like GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! But then I thought about my words to you and I had to remember that that is HER journey and not mine. I'm doing what's right and good for MY body for the long term. But yeah, there was a moment where steam was shooting out of my ears! LOL

went a little over my calories today but I'm still doing well.
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    @Unknown - I hope you have a great day today! Just take one day at a time. I joined MFP last September. I took the first month just logging what I normally ate to see where changes had to be made and then started keeping to my calorie goal in October. Didn't start losing weight til November.

@Skittles - yeah, it is like getting new clothes! I went from a size 16/18 to size in about 5 months, then up to size 30/32 in a couple of years. I still have all my 28s and 18s waiting for me in boxes. It will be nice to be able to wear them again, I actually had some nice clothes! I am looking forward to wearing jeans again. I've been wearing the same four dresses for about three years now, because they are the best at hiding all the nasty bits, and they are literally falling to pieces!

I am sympathise with the breast reduction, ladies. Six years ago I lost 70lbs and went from a DD to a B cup. Then I put on 150lbs + and I'm still a B!

@Star - You are so right to remember that we all have a different journey. I'm not surprised you were frustrated with that person. I often feel like a failure when I see people losing huge amounts of weight in a week and think am I not working hard enough, but I have never been able to lose a lot of weight like that and I never will. But I'm losing consistently and that's awesome.

Did some cycling on my stationary bike today. I find it easier on my joints, but need to build up my stamina. Going to do the biggest loser workout later and get some walking in.

@Sadie - hope things are going well! How is Sadie doing?

Have a great day everyone!
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    I just have to say I love you guys here, please keep it up, we all move at different paces and me I want to be in super mode some times and just wake up to see 299, but you know what one day I will get there. I need to just take my time.

Unknown have a great day. take it one day at a time I still have to and I am on day 95. I worry about today and what I need to get done. you got this.

Star I'm with you on I don't want a big cheat I never did but now I just feel as they are not full haha oh well once I have kids they will be the same way. haha and it sucks and I get mad when I see people eating crap and losing weight, that just makes me mad but your right we all have to do what is right for our bodies and now my body is use to eating better that I get sick when I get junk food. I still think about having it and wanting it but I know it will make me sick so I just don't do it.

Zombie last year in Dec I couldn't wear any jeans they there all 28's and I knew I had to be a 30/32 but I wouldn't get any clothes. now I am able to wear my 28 jeans and I don't feel tight in them. I am closing all over my body but my tummy still wants to hold on so I think I'll be in 28s for a few more months and I am ok with it because I am not getting that tight band I get after taking them off.

today I did my core walking class, lots of crunches and squats plus different forms of walking/jogging. I have to take our one day to the vet today because I think he ate floss and its stuck coming out of him. ahh and after I want to get some more walking in. Later tonight at 9 pm doing some night bowling. its pretty cool they have it all in black lights so a few friends are doing that.

We got this and we will all soon be out of 300 on our way to 200's
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Star - That is exactly what happened....on Wednesday anyway. Yesterday was terrible too, and it is one of my biggest hurtles. I work mostly in the daytime, but every other Friday I work until midnight. So on the Thursday before, I try my best to stay up until past midnight so that I can sleep later or nap on Friday before work. Because I am up so late watching TV (I usually go to bed between 10-11pm) I want to snack, and snack, and snack.....if I do not stay up, I won't sleep enough before work, and am not alert enough at work. I need to find a way to correct this. I sit around all night watching TV and it makes me lethargic and snack-y.

Today I slept until 11:30 and then had brunch, so now I just relax and get ready for work kinda putter around the house and do a few things. I do not go out when I work late shift because then I am too wiped out both mentally and physically to work all night. I have a problem with bad anxiety so I need a lot more downtime than the average person to function properly. For example, if I am working at 7am, I have to be home by 5-6pm the night before to have enough downtime to be able to sleep that night. I can't even take phone calls too late or I am up all night. I need a minimum of four hours between being active or social and sleep time.

I am going to just surf online a bit and then get my ad matching/couponing paperwork done for shopping tomorrow and then head out to work.

I have been a member here for a couple of years, and usually check in daily, but I do not always finish my log. I am going to try really hard to log everything and get to the gym twice a week.....now that we are finally out of the below zeros here too, I can try and get out for a walk on other days. That is my plan for now anyway.

On a side note, you guys have me freaked out about what is going to happen to my boobs lol
  • starchile
    Options
    @unknown: HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!! Don't get freaked out girl!!! LOL...in my case it's more than the weight loss...I'll be 45 in June so it was coming for me ANYWAY!!!! LOL!!! SO FUNNY!
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    its not like they are pancakes haha but there just not as high up as I remember them to be haha, I am ok with it.

I did my walking and my hubby and I are going to be going bowling with some friends tonight which I need to have a few more steps in my day. I am only at 13K the last 3 days I hit 20k steps I need to up it a bit haha
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Today was a pretty good day.....I missed the bus so I walked minutes to work cuz it was nice out, instead of taking a cab like I normally would.....I thought about it for a while though, lol

LOL Star!

Skittles - how long do you walk everyday?
  • SadieRose07
    SadieRose07 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Star, is today your race?! If so, I'm thinking about you today!!!!! Go girl!! WOOT!WOOT!WOOT!

Skittles, you girl are an inspiration to me. You are rocking this new lifestyle!

Zombie, you too are doing so fantastic, so happy/proud! :-) I love the new pic of your puppers and kitty. I have one of each too. :-) Thanks for asking after Sadie, she's doing great. Finished her round of meds and she's back to 100%.

Unknown, WTG! Awesome for choosing to walk instead of cabbing it. You need to pat yourself on the back for that one!

Today is good, errands are done. Walk with the dog, racking the front and back yard, picking up winter garbage. Taking a rest now and then will probably do a couple of loads of laundry. Busy day! It's sunny and warm here and it makes me so happy after this harsh winter.

Have a great day everyone!
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    Unknown I try and get an hour of walking in a day, once in a blue moon like once a month if that I shoot for 90 mins of walking haha. I use to only work 2.0mph on the treadmill but now I'm at 3.5 and I did 45 secs at 4.0 which was hard lol but I built into it. it took me months to get to 3.5 and some days I can only do 30 mins of it.

Star ya it is your race today right? good luck we are all here cheering you on at the finish line

Zombie how are you doing today?

Sadie thank you so much but it really is all of you that are inspiriting me to keep going. I am glad to have this support from other members who know how it is being over 300lbs and how hard it can be. so thank you

today I did some running around with hubby, now I should clean my house but its 74 out side and I just want to be out side walking, I don't think my hubby will go with me :( but I'll ask him to and hope he will haha if not I'll go out and walk and enjoy the nice weather.
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    @Sadie - Aw, thank you! That's Hans (my dog) and Fudge (my cat). They love going on walks with me around the garden. They're such great workout buddies! I'm glad Sadie is all better. She is beautiful. And is that Rose in your profile pic? So cute. Sounds like you have been really busy! Isn't it lovely when spring is in the air. I went outside this evening and the birds were singing and the bats were flying around above my head and the moon was out. It was beautiful.

@Skittles - Wow! WTG Skittles! :drinker: I am so jealous of your step count! I struggle to make 6000 a day (my current goal). I've only recently been able to reach 10,000 and that was a number I never thought I'd see. I try to get 2/3 hours of exercise in a day, but I am very sedentary apart from that because I don't leave the house and I care for my mum, which means I spend most of the day sitting beside her. How did the vet trip go? And how was bowling? It sounds really fun.

@Unknown - Sorry! Didn't mean to scare you! :flowerforyou: I think everyone's breasts react differently, and mine were never anything special to begin with. Way to go walking to work! Woot! :drinker: That's awesome.

@Star - How did the triathlon go? :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

My back was sore this morning, like I had pulled a muscle, which put a damper on my plans for today. It is really weird, I don't know what happened. I did carry a really heavy bag up stairs on my right shoulder last night, and the right side of my back was sore, so maybe that was it. Anyway, I thought I would do some walking but that hurt my back, so I did some cycling instead.

I tried on my size 28 jeans last night. I couldn't get them over my hips - but it is getting close!