April Challenge?

Options

Replies

• Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Hello all
    My April challenge is going ok. But last night I grazed - that is one of my goals - no grazing!! So I blew it for last night, but thankfully today is a new day. I will work on not grazing tonight.

Have a great day and I will see you this evening!!
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I succumbed last night and ate a couple of biscuits...cookies.....which took me 100 calories over my 1200 ... I had not logged my exercise so as not to eat those calories - and I think that has paid off......lost another pound ....... so happy this morning! :bigsmile:

Jean
  • Rebamae
    Options
    I was wondering about your evening snack as I was eating my frozen yogurt. Great job on the weight loss!!
  • Rebamae
    Options
    My challenge will be:
    1. Record my food
    2. 5 fruits & veggies daily
    3. 3 dairy daily
    4. Small portions
    5. I am going to start with 10 minutes of walking 5 days/week. Then add minutes as I start building my stamina.

I am doing a review of my goals for this challenge.

1,) Diary is doing good

2.) Have not been consistent with 5 servings. A health issue has limited raw fruits and veggies, but I am working on this. It is harder to saute the veggies before I eat them

3.) Need to work on this. I honestly forget!!

4.) I have watched my portions, the diary has helped with this

5.) I am working on the 10 min. I am getting there.
  • BobbieInCA
    BobbieInCA Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Rebamae: Do you have a microwave? I steam veggies, covered, quickly in a small amount of water on the plate I'll eat on. No extra pans/dishes....just season to taste.
  • Rebamae
    Options
    Rebamae: Do you have a microwave? I steam veggies, covered, quickly in a small amount of water on the plate I'll eat on. No extra pans/dishes....just season to taste.

How long do you steam them?
    That will be so much easier and faster!

Thanks so much Bobbie
    Reba in Kansas
  • jeanmrob
    Options
    Reba...well done...you are doing really well.

My day has gone well but not as much exercise today due to other commitments ....... I ate a little less for breakfast as a result of which I have 135 calories left over for the evening........ will try not to use them all! :ohwell:

Jean
  • CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was.. interesting.

I was out running around and decided to grab some lunch for us.
    Instead of getting myself a salad I got a burger and fries. I haven't had one in 3 months, so...
    anyway that left me with about 3 calories for the rest of the day.

I had forgotten that we were going to a minor league baseball game last night. We got invited by a business associate and so were in a private box. There was food included and of course it was.. burgers and hot dogs. ROFL.

If I'd been thinking clearly I could have made allowances for that but.. today's another day. Right?

At least I went for a walk and worked in the yard after lunch today.
    haha

By the way, I'm going to be gone for a couple of weeks. We're taking a nice vacation for our 10th anniversary.
    I actually usually lose a couple of pounds on vacations when there is a lot of activity, since I don't have to fix the food myself. ha.

:bigsmile:
  • jeanmrob
    Options
    Have a great trip Chris

Jean
  • Rebamae
    Options
    Chris, have a wonderful time! Are you going to be able to check in while vacationing!!
  • CrisEBTrue
    Options
    Chris, have a wonderful time! Are you going to be able to check in while vacationing!!

Thanks!! We're doing a 2 week river cruise; Amsterdam to Belgium and back, for our 10th anniversary. :heart:

We are supposed to have wireless internet access available but who knows how reliable it will be.. AND, I will be using my ipad, which doesn't allow me access to the forums, boo hoohoo.

I'll give you a full report when we return. And... I WILL be vigilant monitoring my food intake, even if I can't log it in my food diary.

:wink:
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! We're doing a 2 week river cruise; Amsterdam to Belgium and back, for our 10th anniversary. :heart:

We are supposed to have wireless internet access available but who knows how reliable it will be.. A
    Oh, don't you *dare* check in while on the cruise! Write down and remember what you can, the habits you practiced here will server you well when you are tempted by Dutch chocolate or Belgian abby beer.

AFTER the trip let us know how it was.
  • CrisEBTrue
    Options

We are supposed to have wireless internet access available but who knows how reliable it will be.. A
    Oh, don't you *dare* check in while on the cruise! Write down and remember what you can, the habits you practiced here will server you well when you are tempted by Dutch chocolate or Belgian abby beer.

AFTER the trip let us know how it was.

I'm pretty good at tracking each day in my head.And my "guilt bell" goes off very loudly if I put something in my mouth that I should not. haha.

I think I'll be ok, because even if I don't "lose", I know that we'll be doing a LOT of walking, so if I'm careful I should be able to at least not GAIN!! We have no idea how the food will be, but we've been on other (larger ships) cruises and there are plenty of healthy choices.
    I know there are people who will eat everything that isn't nailed down, because it's "included." OMG. We did a transatlantic cruise a few years ago, and went to the midnight chocolate buffet. Actually, the smell of chocolate was so overwhelming it made me feel kind of sick. (and I love chocolate). And people (who had just gorged themselves at dinner) were piling their plates high with sweets as though they hadn't eaten in months. What a bunch of (excuse me for being judgmental) pigs. I didn't even try anything and left rather quickly.

Today.. to sort and start packing!
  • Rebamae
    Options
    Good morning all of you wonderful people!!

Chris, it sounds so exciting - please have a wonderful time!!

I have a Dr. appt in Wichita today - 4 hrs round trip - Our DDIL and 2 GS are going with me. GS ages are 5 and 2. We will have a great time. Will probably eat places more directed at them, but I think I should be able to do OK.

I am not doing my DVD walk this a.m. My leg is cramping a little, so need to lay off today, but I also know I will be doing a lot of steps in Wichita.
    My new pedometer is suppose to be here today and I am hoping it is delivered before we leave. Nothing like being excited about a new pedometer, - I think a trip would be more exciting, right Chris LOL

I hope each of you have a very great, successful day!

Reba
    Kansas
  • BobbieInCA
    BobbieInCA Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Chris, are you taking Viking or Unaworld? We did that trip on the latter one, and had a marvelous time. The food on river cruises is amazing, but not as ridiculous and over the top as on ocean liners,
  • jeanmrob
    Options
    I think two things are keeping me on track this week......the fact that we are doing an April Challenge and not logging my exercise calories ........ today after dinner I have 170 cals left for the evening....... hope I can keep it going over the weekend....:ohwell:

Jean
  • bvifun
    bvifun Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I will be using my ipad, which doesn't allow me access to the forums, boo hoohoo.

Hi Chris.:happy:

Not that I think you should check in on the forums when you should just be enjoying your vacation... which sounds wonderful, but you can log in to the website using Safari on iPad. I did it when I was away.

Something rather interesting occurred in the 2 times I have been away lately. Both times my choice was to record what I ate but not worry about being under calorie count. Both times my weight stayed the same but within 3 days of counting calories again my weight dropped. My sister had predicted this would happen. Has anyone else found a weight drop after getting back on track?
  • marca_june
    marca_june Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I haven't checked in with everyone! Hope all are doing well. Looks like it, I been reading and seen lots of ideas and tips on losing our 5 lb. I may make it, well I should . On the 2nd I lost 1 lb. and on the 9th I lost 31/2 lb. Never know what the scales are going to say! Just keep up the good work and we all can succeed.
  • CrisEBTrue
    Options
    I will be using my ipad, which doesn't allow me access to the forums, boo hoohoo.

Hi Chris.:happy:

Not that I think you should check in on the forums when you should just be enjoying your vacation... which sounds wonderful, but you can log in to the website using Safari on iPad. I did it when I was away.

Something rather interesting occurred in the 2 times I have been away lately. Both times my choice was to record what I ate but not worry about being under calorie count. Both times my weight stayed the same but within 3 days of counting calories again my weight dropped. My sister had predicted this would happen. Has anyone else found a weight drop after getting back on track?

Hm. I'll have to try that. I have the App on my ipad and I can add food or exercise that way. Never thought about trying to get here thru Safari. I'll give it a try and.. maybe I'll check in!

I don't remember if that kind of weight loss has happened to me. But I have heard that if you don't stay "on plan" for a day or two and then get right back in the game, it IS possible that weight will come off.

:bigsmile:
  • jeanmrob
    Options
    Hmmmm......after a good day both food and exercise wise we went out for dinner! :ohwell:

I won't bother logging it as it would be guesswork....... salmon, new pots and veg, glass of rosé wine, Mini Pudding of gooseberry and raspberry crumble and ice cream ...... not disastrous I think but maybe over the limit :ohwell:

Jean