Symptoms

Options

Replies

• usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow marks week 32 and today I noticed that baby dropped! I'm getting excited/nervous. At least I can finally breath normally:)
  • Lady_Lamb
    Lady_Lamb Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    heartburn heartburn heartburn!!!!
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Really!? I thought the baby didn't drop until like 36 weeks! I am excited now. I am 31 weeks and am totally ready for my little boy to get out of my rib cage!

And, I totally understand on the heartburn. I can't lay down for 1-2 hours after eating and I feel like I drink anti-acid.
  • amyjpage
    amyjpage Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    how do you know when baby has dropped?
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    It was pretty apparent for me. I have odd shaped ribs, one sticks out further than the other. Before the baby dropped my tummy was just a big ball that started underneath my boobs. Now there is enough space that I can see my weird rib poking out again, lol. Also, my breathing is waaaay easier, I don't have to stop to catch my breath if I'm singing to my son anymore:)
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    31+3 today.. constant hunger, back pain, rib pain, cannot sleep at night, heartburn, and reflux.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    33w4d
    Walking up a staircase leaves me winded. Part of me can't wait until baby drops, but I've heard that once baby drops out of your diaphragm the pressure goes straight to your bladder... so I'm not sure what to expect.

I've noticed that I can keep heartburn at bay if I watch my carb/sugar intake.

Oh, and the dreams... haha, those are fun.

Baby's kicks are starting to hurt a little. I guess that's good though. It means she's getting stronger, right?
  • tiggerhammon
    Options
    My baby's kicks are painful! He is mean! I will wake out of a dead sleep saying "ow!"
    When he kicks you can see his foot stick up out of my stomach.

Walking does leave me winded and I am looking forward to baby dropping but at the same time, not really. I hear when baby drops waking becomes more difficult and painful because baby is sitting on your pelvic bones.

I am getting super irritated with my most recent symptom. When I sneeze, I pee a little. Someone please tell me I am not the only one!
  • Nike13
    Nike13 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    @Tiggerhammon
    You are not along with the sneeze issue, I've taken to wearing a light pad now because it's becoming an issue. I can not wait til I can take my allergy medicine again!

Right now I'm waddling when I walk and cracking/popping every joint in my pelvic region when I try to roll over in bed. The belly is really getting in the way but when little one kicks I still smile :)
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    Haha! I've been "snissing" (not a term I made up actually) for months!!! I'm wearing light pads too. I thought being pregnant would give me a break from those! :ohwell: :laugh:
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    The kicks still make me smile too! Even if they do hurt a little sometimes! :smooched:
  • tiggerhammon
    Options
    I hate pads! I haven't worn those since I had my daughter and only because tampons weren't allowed. I really really don't like pads :'(

I went swimming pregnant for the first time ever yesterday. Why does nobody tell you that feels so good? All the pressure, all the ache, all the hip pain, everything goes away. .... Oh wait, I know why. Cause as soon as you get out of the pool, it all comes right back! *sigh* I want to live in the water for the next 7 weeks.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    Haha! I've been going to waterfit classes every week that I can manage it and I know what you mean! It feels so good! Then you step out and feel like you weigh a million pounds!
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    Does anyone have any knowledge on how it feels when baby drops? I'm not really uncomfortable, but I'm no longer winded after walking up the stairs, but I'm going to the bathroom twice as often in a day.

Just curious. I'm a first-timer. ;)
  • amyjpage
    amyjpage Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Suzanne, I was thinking the same thing last week ... until today. LOL!

I was at the chiropractor this morning and the first thing the doctor said when I walked into the exam room was, "baby must have dropped this weekend!" She said she couldn't tell by looking at my tummy, but could tell by how I was walking differently, and then once I sat down, it was obvious to her that baby was low.

It feels like the baby is right in my pelvis, super super low. Almost like I am walking with something between my legs. And, like you, I've been in the ladies room ALL day today! I haven't walked up any stairs yet today, but I am sure that I will be breathing easier come tonight when I do.

However, I am also a first timer, so this is just my experience today with the chiropractor and how I'm feeling ...
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    Interesting Amy! I am noticing myself walking funnier throughout the evening and I am mostly definitely not trying to walk that way at all!!! Not sure if it's my feet being swollen or if it's baby. My pants aren't fitting right either.

I have a chiropractor appointment tomorrow so maybe he'll say something about it. My next midwife appointment isn't until the 15th though. (Then I get to go every week until baby is born!)
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    Sounds like you both have babies that dropped! I hear you become a little more comfortable after that happens!!

I bought myself a pregnancy pillow and my sleep and hips/back have been feeling much better, but i've been dealing with blood pressure issues. My doctors don't think it's too bad yet, but i'm worried that each time I check it, my diastolic seems to keep going UP. Last weekend It was 142/78 and I called my doc because I felt awful. They told me to take tylenol and relax.. and then monday night I woke in the middle of the night with a stabbing headhache and nausea. When I went to the doctor they said my BP was 128/84! They didn't seem concerned but it bothers me a bit becasue i've been having a lot of symptoms of pre E. Swelling, heachaches with nausea, little black (and sometimes white) dots in my vision.. I'm going back tomorrow for my regular appointment, I'll see what it is tomorrow. So far no protein in my urine.

Then I get this thing every once in awhile, where for seemingly no reason, my heart rate is elevated and I feel like I can't catch my breath. It's only happened a few times. I have to sit at my desk and take deep breaths to get my heart rate to slow down. I don't like it, and think i'll mention it tomorrow. It happens so far apart, I never think about it. Plus it's like 76 degrees in the office. ugh!!
  • tiggerhammon
    Options
    I am sorry, bburg, that you have having so much to deal with.
    I can't sympathize on the blood pressure, headaches or vision and I am sorry you are experiencing that.
    But, I wanted to say I know exactly what the raised heart rate and difficulty breathing feels like. I struggle with breathing a lot! A simple walk from my house to my car (maybe 50 feet) will have me trying to catch my breath, it is so bad! And, every day now that I try to do anything even remotely strenuous I get my heart pounding. A walk around the block, trying to scrub the kitchen floor or moving something from one room to another and my heart is pounding in my head like I have just been running hard. It can take me 20 minutes or more sometimes to get my heart to stop pounding and to catch my breath - it sucks!

Dr says baby is so high up right now it is most likely pressure in my chest cavity. Baby is squishing everything so much it is putting additional pressure on my heart and lungs.

I cannot wait for this baby to drop, I really don't think I have any room left in my rib cage for him.
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    Tigger- I'm sure that's what it is! but I didn't do a single strenuous thing this morning! I walked from my car into work and that's all it seemed to take. SO annoying. I'm not too uncomfortable all the time, but this past weekend the baby was so far up in my ribs, I couldn't lean forward! My DH and I were at dinner and I couldn't lean forward to eat my food becasue I was in so much pain! I felt like quite the fatty! LOL
  • tiggerhammon
    Options
    You are not alone! I literally, seriously ate dinner standing up last night!
    It hurts to bend over, especially clear over like tying shoes - I have been making my 8yr old tie my shoes! I don't know how to explain it but I can't help but feel like I am hurting him when I bend over because it feels like the ribs bending inward to my body when I bend over squish him.
    Not being able to breath because you did something simple like walk across your house is so frustrating. I am hoping that goes away when baby drops and I hope he drops soon.