Say hello!

Options
Momto4minions
Momto4minions Posts: 173 Member
Hi there. I am a mom to 4. I need to stay accountable to myself, but it helps to have friends! I also love seeing my number change over time on a spreadsheet!

Replies

• simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

I'm Karen. I started with the Winter weighin, but I still have a ways to go. My husband and I are doing our first cruise in August, and I want to be at my goal by then - and way stronger than I am now. So I'm trying to lose weight and gain muscle, so both are pretty slow going.

It helps to be accountable every week, and I'm hoping this challenge will give me that extra push.
  • jstmee
    jstmee Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Wendy, did the winter weigh in, was absent the last couple of weeks, but getting back into the groove! Looking forward to it.
  • 5MommaJ
    5MommaJ Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Mom to Minions and everyone else It's nice to be in a group with you all again. Thanks Mom to Minions for forming it. I really enjoyed Winter Weigh and I know I will this group as well. Timing of me seeing message about group is very funny to me. I was eating a bowl of ice cream... and logging it. I had initially planned to just log the number 4000 calories for the day but my husband encouraged me to actually put the food in I ate so that I could get a good idea of calories and learn how to moderate that way. I was pleasantly surprised to see my calories were under 1800 for day. According to my favorite in 5 weeks... I would have still lost a couple of pounds in 5 weeks but now with this challenge I am back running the race. Good thing for me it was only one meal and one day.

My goal for this year is to lose 52 pounds and memorize 52 Bible verses. Out with the bad and in with the good. :smile: So far I have lost about 23 pounds this year. Memorizing is going slow but steady. Trying to stick with both.
  • Momto4minions
    Options
    Hi old friends and welcome new! I am Christi.
    Recently, my husband was diagnosed with lymphoma. This has made my world shift. Dropping 16 more lbs seems so frivolous, but I have worked so hard! I decided to focus more on maintaining, but a slow loss wont be unpleasant.
    Even if I log maintaining each week, it will keep me on track during his treatments.

We have a member working on setting up a spreadsheet for us. Thanks Karen for giving that a shot! We will have a log in sheet soon. :)

I am looking forward to spending time cheering each other on as we focus on health and fitness!
  • Shandyism
    Shandyism Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am new to these groups, have been using MFP for about a month or two--I started off strong but then got lazy about tracking and logging. Hopefully this will help me re-commit! I'm excited to have found this group. =) Thanks for organizing!
    Hilary
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Just finishing up the spreadsheet - wow, things have changed in Excel since last time I worked with it :)

Hope everyone is off to a good start!
  • cw3424
    cw3424 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello! I am new to this (not even sure I'm typing in the right place to post). I remarried about a year ago and of course we have both gained weight settling into married life with 4 kids. About 3 years ago I was in great shape. Working out daily and I liked the way I looked and how my clothes fit. Now..... not so much. I haven't weighed myself in months but will do it tomorrow morning, ick. I definately need the support to make this happen and get back on a good work out routine and somehow manage my portion sizes. I don't have a sweet tooth, but love my wine!
  • bpmillen
    bpmillen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, this is the first time I've ever joined a group like this. It seems perfect because I've been weighing in on Wednesdays since last September. I forced myself to weigh in every week good or bad hoping it would keep me accountable (I have the weigh in sheet on my fridge for everyone to see). Since september, I've lost and gained 15 lbs. Fluctuation by 15 lbs or more has always been my problem. I want to create lifelong healthy habits as a primary goal, and I'm also looking to lose 40 lbs and keep it off.

Hoping this next 10 weeks will be a good start on my goals!
  • hcdawgs
    hcdawgs Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I was in the winter weigh in and now this challenge. It helps me be accountable to weigh in on a spreadsheet. Good luck to you all.
  • courtneysmith96
    courtneysmith96 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Courtney. I'm a little young I suppose (17) but I like the idea of getting more in shape and being able to see my weight logged and change on a spread sheet :) I hope to go into the food sciences after I graduate next year and love doing independent research about health and fitness and the way certain foods affects our bodies. I'm joining this group because I really lost control of myself after I found out my younger brother was diagnosed with Hodgkins and Non Hodgkins Lymphoma. I'm excited about this group because I think it'll give me extra motivation to work out and eat right! :)
  • Momto4minions
    Options
    Hi Courtney. My husband was just diagnosed with NH lymphoma last month. My goal right now is to not gain all I have lost! i totally understand!

Welcome to our group.
  • Momto4minions
    Options
    As of right now, I have sent a friend request to everyone. I will try to remember to post WEDNESDAY WEIGH IN reminders in the news feed. If you did not get a request from me, send me one! New people, you can do this by clicking on my name and selecting add friend.

I hope to see everyone add their numbers tomorrow. Many of us finished a similar challenge together a few weeks ago. It was so amazing to watch as we all lost, hit plateaus and kept going.
  • opalkaren
    opalkaren Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Christi, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. Thank you for going through the effort of setting up this group and I hope that we can help to support you during this difficult time.

For those of you who I have not met before, my name is Karen. I was part of the Winter Challenge. I started off strong, but fell off course when work got very busy. Moving forward, I want to try to make health and wellness a top priority again.