Fitbit Flex Pedometer

Options
DaniW130
DaniW130 Posts: 18 Member
So I just got this a week ago and absolutely love it!! Once you start walking more and being more aware of how many steps 10,000 per day actually is, you strive to get there each day and challenge yourself. Based on how many steps you've taken per day the speed/distance of your walks it tracks how many calories you've burned in the day and it also links to My Fitness Pal food diary. Yesterday for example I wore my flex all day (no need to ever take it off even to shower, unless you need to charge it which is every 4 days or so) and went for a 50 minute walk and just did some general walking around the house and it said for the day I burned 2,424 calories. My calorie limit is about 1,700 and I ate 1,775 so it shows you the deficit. I love this thing and highly suggest it!!

https://www.fitbit.com/flex?gclid=CNX8yL6o770CFa9cMgodABcAlQ

Replies

• anneboleynr
    anneboleynr Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I got the FitBit One on Friday and think it's such a cool little thing! Mine does the sleep tracking, too, and I guess I shouldn't be surprise when I wake up I am tired since apparently I wake up approx. 30 times a night. I keep looking at mine to see how many steps I've taken and I'll be curious to see how a normal day of work tomorrow registers on it.
  • N3rdyBird_
    N3rdyBird_ Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I got a flex back in February and I love it. I never used to track all the walking I did between classes on campus. As it turns out I'm burning about 400 extra calories a day according to my Fitbit. I love it, because it makes tracking easier.
  • hayleyandpaigesgrandma
    Options
    I got mine on Friday as a gift and so far just love it. I didn't shower with it though. From what you say I guess I could cause I have a tough time getting it connected again. I find it makes you very aware of everything you are doing. I don't have a phone that I can sync it with but can use our computer. Good luck!
  • DucklingtoSwan
    DucklingtoSwan Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I got the FitBit One on Friday and think it's such a cool little thing! Mine does the sleep tracking, too, and I guess I shouldn't be surprise when I wake up I am tired since apparently I wake up approx. 30 times a night. I keep looking at mine to see how many steps I've taken and I'll be curious to see how a normal day of work tomorrow registers on it.

I'm going to have to look into one of these... I have sleep issues as well, so it would be great to be able to track that along with my steps. How do I go about finding one?
  • anneboleynr
    Options
    It's called the "Fitbit One Wireless Activity Plus Sleep Tracker" and I got mine (the burgundy one) from Amazon. :smile: When you sleep you put it in a little wrist band that you fasten around the wrist of your nondominant hand. It gives you your sleep hygiene percentage, too, among all that data when you sync it with your computer.
  • DaniW130
    DaniW130 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It's called the "Fitbit One Wireless Activity Plus Sleep Tracker" and I got mine (the burgundy one) from Amazon. :smile: When you sleep you put it in a little wrist band that you fasten around the wrist of your nondominant hand. It gives you your sleep hygiene percentage, too, among all that data when you sync it with your computer.

What is the difference between the flex and one, I'm curious to know. What is sleep hygiene percentage? :P
  • krzykt75
    krzykt75 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Force (the one they recalled because some users were getting a rash) and I love it. It's a little bulkier than the Flex, but it has a display and acts as a watch. It definitely makes me more aware of my activity level through the day.

Here is my Fitbit link if anyone is looking for more friends - https://www.fitbit.com/user/22VT5J

The Flex is a wrist one. At night you put it in 'sleep mode' and it will track your movements throughout the night and let you know how well you slept.
  • anneboleynr
    Options

What is the difference between the flex and one, I'm curious to know. What is sleep hygiene percentage? :P

I'm not actually sure of all the differences, other than the One isn't a wrist brand. The One looks like a slim USB port thingie (I'm so technical) that has a little holster/case and clips onto your clothes or bra. Like krzykt75 said about the Flex, you can put the One into sleep mode in this fabric wrist thing with a pocket and if you're a restless sleeper like me and toss/turn or wake up eleventy billion times, the percentage indicates more or less your quality of sleep (time to get to sleep, time you spend waking up, being restless, etc.). Mine was 88% last night and I woke up 32 times, was awake for a combined total of something like 60 minutes. :/ I don't remember waking up so much but apparently it adds up!
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Oh, I love mine too. I realized that I was way overestimating how many calories I was burning due to exercise. Hopefully, I have a more accurate account with the Flex and it will show up on my scale. I also like it because now I run around more with the kids hoping to rack up some very active minutes!
  • audreypawdrey
    audreypawdrey Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have a flex, and I love mine, too! It is awesome to have the reminder to walk and move. I have made sure to add extra walking into my day to try to hit my goal of 10,000 steps each day.