Week 1. Day 1 : SUNDAY APRIL 20

Options
124»

Replies

• 1953Barbara
    1953Barbara Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I understand your food addiction! I do best when I completely avoid my trigger foods and don't even take a taste.
  • scrappinkar
    scrappinkar Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Take it day by day and you'll lose it and start feeling better about yourself!
  • mlh37214
    mlh37214 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I just found this group, and hope it's ok to join a little late. I actually did a weigh-in on Saturday and am at 262. Ultimately, I want to lose close to 100 lbs. I've not been good about my eating habits at all, but went to the grocery and got nice and prepared to be good this week....So, just jumping into the diet portion, in 5 weeks, I'd like to be down another 15 lbs. Lofty goal, but I think it's doable, since I've basically been maintaining until the past week. I would be happy with an 8 lb loss over 5 weeks, though. So no excuse not to make goal of 254, possibly out of reach goal: 247.

My motivation is to feel better about the way I look, and to feel more comfortable in my skin. I bought "ultimate VIP" tickets to a concert. It means backstage passes, meet and greets, and front row seating. It's in June. I want to take lots of pictures!! Right now, I hate seeing myself in pics! I also miss running. I've been trying to do more lately, but obviously, at 262 lbs, running isn't fun, it's a task. I want to get to a point of being in shape enough that it's fun, and not such an uncomfortable chore!! (And no one running past me wants to see a bare belly when the pants roll down the the shirt flies up!) I also want to get back into my favorite jeans!!!

My barriers have always been time, or lack there of. I used to work long shifts, weird hours. I still work nights, but now, all night and get off work when it's daylight and working out is a viable option for me (I like to walk/jog on the greenway, which isn't safe in the dark!). I'm also working shorter shifts, so I'm not as horribly tired. The other thing is that I'm single, and I hate eating the same things over and over, so I take the shortcut and hit drive thru's way too often instead of cooking. Taking the time to cook factors into that, too. :) No more excuses!!!
  • bsdive
    bsdive Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I just found this group as I am looking at pictures from Easter and thinking- "is that what I really look like?" I usually can not check in on Sundays but can on Mondays. So here goes:

1) My startingweight is 194 (this am) and my goal for 5 weeks is to be at 185- I have really been struggling to get under the 190 point.

2)Now that the weather is getting nicer here in the midwest I am getting out more and moving more so I am hoping that will help. I have 3 active boys and work full time. My clothes are not fitting.
  • miketau2
    miketau2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Wish this would of started 2 weeks ago I was at all time high of 300lbs at 39 years of age .watching calories and 10 min of exercise a day and I'm now 279 lbs . I'm excited to see the scale move in the Other direction . My motivation is for a better quality of life for myself and to set a good example for my family. My inspiration has to be my dad he is in great shape and truly is inspiring at over 70 with a knee replacement and plays hockey almost every day. I know others that can't walk cause of weight and lung capacity. My negative influences are stress,alcohol which I gave up 2 weeks ago and smoking which I gave up on dec 7th and possibly a total obsession for nutrition and health in the last 2weeks when I'm not exercising or eating I m educating my self about it not sue if negative or positive time will tell if it will balance out. since I knocked off the empty calories and started exercising my energy levels are 10 fold right now I'm worried about hurting myself which would be a great set back so I am slowly adding more cardio and strength interval training .
    I'd like to weigh 260 lbs after this five weeks starting tomorrow.
    Great Job!