April 2014 Babies

Options
12346»

Replies

• melindenmark
    melindenmark Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Im due the 30th of march but my guess is she will come in april, really ready for her to come into the world now. Dont really have any bad pregnancy syptoms but really getting hard carring all this extra weight around and looking forward to getting my mobility back lol
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Wow ladies, we haven't been very active here!

How's everyone doing? I'm 36 + 1 today, sitting on my couch with an ice pack on my back. A couple nights ago, I had extreme back pain and nausea, and started to think I was going in to labor. I told myself if I couldn't fall asleep, I'd call L&D. Well, I fell asleep and felt a little bit better yesterday. However, I called my doctor and switched my appointment to yesterday instead of Thursday. Went in and after inspection and a urine test, no signs of contractions or a kidney infection (which was actually MY worry, because my pain is localized to the right side). Musculoskeletal... which isn't fun, but not dangerous. I have a couple days off work, so I'm ordered Tylenol, heat/ice, rest when able, and I'm getting an osteopathic manipulation tomorrow. I can take a walk if I'm up to it, but I haven't been exercising in the last few weeks anyways (my feet are swollen and they get sore waaaay quicker than normal!). So, that's how I'm doing these days!

Anyone wondering how in the hell we're going to make it to 40 weeks? I know that this back pain is a bit more than the norm and it will get better, but I can't imagine carrying around this baby another 4 weeks.

You poor thing, hope you feel better soon. You're still working? When do you finish? How long will you have for maternity leave?

I'm in England and we can take a year off for maternity leave, although we get no pay in the last 3 months of that year, so I'll see how finances go!

I'm finishing work on March 14th. I'm a secondary school teacher so on my feet a lot, and it's quite a stressful job, so I need a break before baby arrives. Plus I have 2 kids already (age 2 and 4) so I want to have a break when they're at school/nursery.

I can imagine 40 weeks! My son was 10 days late and my daughter 12 days late, so I'd be happy to stop at 40 weeks with this one!

I'm 33+3 today and still going to the gym and doing aerobics and Zumba.

I am still working; I'm planning on working until I have the baby so that I can have the maximum time off once he gets here. I can take 12 weeks, and I'm taking it all :) I'm a nurse and wish I could afford to take time off before he gets here, but I guess it's what I have to do! FTM here so at least I don't have little ones to chase at home just yet!
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Im due the 30th of march but my guess is she will come in april, really ready for her to come into the world now. Dont really have any bad pregnancy syptoms but really getting hard carring all this extra weight around and looking forward to getting my mobility back lol

That's how I feel. I'm having a hard time getting out of bed. I feel bad complaining because my pregnancy has been pretty textbook... but dang, it's not comfortable.
  • toothpastechica
    toothpastechica Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, I have been terrible about keeping up here (so sorry!)...I blame it on fear of the scale, being told to gain weight and overall hating pregnancy. I am sooo ready to be done! 38 weeks today and started Mat leave this week. I can't believe EDD is in 2 weeks!!! Any April babies born yet? Dr says baby and body are getting ready so I am hoping that means I won't go tooo late! Anytime now little one, momma is ready for you!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm 36+5 and going for a scan this morning as my midwife suspects my baby is still breech. If she is, then I'll have an ecv to try and turn her. I don't want to end up with a c section! I had all these hopes for a water birth this time in the midwife-lead unit!
  • melindenmark
    Options
    my little angel arrived on the 27th of march, she is just perfect. got home yesterday and so far things are going really well
  • DawnieB1977
    Options
    my little angel arrived on the 27th of march, she is just perfect. got home yesterday and so far things are going really well

Congrats! Hope the birth went well. Lucky you, a slightly early baby!

I had a scan on Fri, and I'm so relieved and happy that my baby is head down. This means I can have her in the midwife-lead unit. I'm hoping for a water birth this time.
  • toothpastechica
    Options

Congrats! Would love to hear your birth story and how you are doing since being home!
  • toothpastechica
    Options
    It's April! Congrats to the mom's with outside babies (and good luck with this next stage!) and a big ALMOST THERE to all of us momma's still waiting! Only a few more days or weeks for all of us!

Question: How soon do you realistically plan on getting active/tracking food after baby?
  • melindenmark
    Options

Congrats! Would love to hear your birth story and how you are doing since being home!

i had a realitively quick birth, 11 hours, but it was hard.started gettng contractions at 2am, they very quickly got stronger and closer togther. at 7am we went in to the hospital. by 10am i was fully dilated and was allowed to push but my contractions stopped helping me and started getting weaker. we tried sittng in a bath, standing, sittng on a birthing chair and end the end they decided to give me some medicine to strengthen my contractions. i hand 3 and a half hours of pushing which is really hard work and sooo painful!!! in the end they had to use a suction cup to get her out and at that point i was ready for them t do anything.
    but as much as it was hard and painful once you have that little angel in your arms its all forgotten and 100% worth it. I got teared pretty bad n the process so am on bed rest right now and very limited on what i can do for about 4 weeks, but a part from that things are going well being home,we have a happy baby and my boyfriend is doing a awesome job of looking after us
  • DawnieB1977
    Options

i had a realitively quick birth, 11 hours, but it was hard.started gettng contractions at 2am, they very quickly got stronger and closer togther. at 7am we went in to the hospital. by 10am i was fully dilated and was allowed to push but my contractions stopped helping me and started getting weaker. we tried sittng in a bath, standing, sittng on a birthing chair and end the end they decided to give me some medicine to strengthen my contractions. i hand 3 and a half hours of pushing which is really hard work and sooo painful!!! in the end they had to use a suction cup to get her out and at that point i was ready for them t do anything.
    but as much as it was hard and painful once you have that little angel in your arms its all forgotten and 100% worth it. I got teared pretty bad n the process so am on bed rest right now and very limited on what i can do for about 4 weeks, but a part from that things are going well being home,we have a happy baby and my boyfriend is doing a awesome job of looking after us

Hopefully you'll heal quickly. You're right, once you have your baby in your arms you forget everything. I've been lucky with my labours - 7 hours and just over 4 hours, and I didn't tear at all. I'm quite scared that my third wont go quite so well!

Toothpastechica, I'm not sure when I'll log again. I'd like to think I will straight away, but I'll see how I feel. With my other 2 kids I was out walking within a few days and back at the gym 5 times a week when they were 7 weeks old. Again, I'll have to see how I feel. With 3 children I might find it harder, plus I have to get my nearly 5 year old to school and my nearly 3 year old to nursery, and we'll walk, so that'll be extra exercise.
  • thatTOPSlady
    Options
    ANd now we can begin with our posts of "how on earth do I manage getting exercise/ meal planning in?" My baby is 13 days old. It has certainly been harder to fit in everything!
  • toothpastechica
    Options
    ANd now we can begin with our posts of "how on earth do I manage getting exercise/ meal planning in?" My baby is 13 days old. It has certainly been harder to fit in everything!

I agree! Baby is 12 days old now and man does breastfeeding take a lot of time! Also I have noooo idea how to track foods since I don't want to mess with the breastfeeding (that we seem to have juuuust now started to "get") and really don't know what I need vs. what to cut to try and start the weight turn around.