need a bit of boost

Options
Went for my weigh in and only lost a pound. Then my Dr. Sent me for xrays. He thinks I may have osteoarthritis in my knees which may be why they have been so sore. I need to walk more but there's a lot of pain when I do. I am just going to have to have the strength to do it. I need your help to keep me focused and not whiney. Please give me a good push when I try to back off instead of getting out there. I'll do much better by not giving in.

Replies

• m3bfs
    m3bfs Posts: 7
    Options
    I'll push you if you push me lol. We have about the same to lose. I got weighed this morning n lost 2.5lbs since Saturday. Have changed my WI day. For some reason get better losses on Wednesdays xx
  • Heliconia
    Heliconia Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I too have achy joints and have not motivated myself to do any exercise as of yet. I just wish I could think of something I would like to do. Everything including walking, in my opinion just isn't any fun. I admire you for your motivation that you have been able to start an exercise program. Keep up the good work!
  • lwynd002
    lwynd002 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry...I can't imagine having knee pain with walking...I am sure that is rough. Have you tried swimming? I hear it is really great on the joints. And CONGRATS on the pound!
  • niliaad
    niliaad Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Have you looked into water aerobics?