Hi!

Options
2»

Replies

• hobbesla4
    hobbesla4 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you for starting this group. I am 5'2" and hoping to get down to the 125-130 range and be healthier. I have had lots of ups and downs the past two years, including death of my mother and other family members and cancer diagnosis in July 2013. Finished radiation about 3 months ago and looking to change my lifestyle and live healthier.
  • krzykt75
    krzykt75 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! I live in Ontario, am a 38 year old mom of two boys (3 & 5). I started at 162lbs and have worked my way down to 143lbs (I'm 5'3.25"). I walk 5km 3-4 times per week, I do HIIT 2-3 times per week and I'm just starting to add running to my schedule. I would love to get down to 125lb. I also use a Fitbit which I LOVE!

I would love to get some new friends on my list, so please feel free to add me.
  • kv6818
    kv6818 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Kassidy and I'm a 20 year old college student trying to fight the inevitable college weight gain! I'm 5'4" and currently weight about 143. I've weighed about 140 since the middle of high school, never being overweight but also never being very fit or healthy. By goal is to get down to 125-130 and then readjusting my goals once I reach that weight.

I have tried losing weight in the past but usually lose motivation or fail to eat healthy. This time around I am counting calories and trying to work out 5 times a week. I am hoping that this can become a lifestyle change for me and not just another failed diet!
  • catestevam
    catestevam Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm Cat, and I'm currently 183. I'm a terrible yo-yo dieter. I reached 138 a few years ago, and let it all creep back on. I'd like to get back to the 130s because I was pretty happy at that size.

I'm making it my mission to stick to 1200 calories every day for one week (this being week 1). I'm going to try and excercise, but first I want to kick my bad diet habits. Wish me luck! :tongue:

Looking forward to hearing from everyone!
  • BlueberryWatermelon
    BlueberryWatermelon Posts: 73 Member
    Options

Jilloan Michaels 30 day shred is thw DEVIL. It works sooo good but it hurts so bad lol

I know!! But I like that you FEEL the results the next day. I'm also cheap and don't want to pay for a gym membership, so I like that I can do it at home and it's free. ;)
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, Im Brigitte. 5'4 and Im 54 years old. My heaviest weight was 160. Last year I lost 20 pounds and have been maintaining that. I was happy for awhile to be out of size 14's and wearing size 12's, but Im ready to get out of the size 12's now. My goal is to be 123 pounds. I dont think being older makes it more difficult to lose the weight, but I think I have to work harder because of the muscle tone lost due to age and not working out all these years.
  • LizzClo
    LizzClo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I am Liz from BC, Canada. I'm a 29 year old mom to one adorable toddler. I started my weight loss journey 9 months after having my little one. I lost about 40+lbs in about 6 months and am struggling to lose the last 10 lbs. I am an emotional eater and deal with stress by consuming chocolate. Trying to work on that. When I started I didn't think I would get to the point I am now and am proud of myself, but still dealing with self image problems, that is also a work in progress. I am happy to see other women with healthy and realistic goals and not super skinny goals.

Height: 5'3
    SW: 177 lbs
    CW: 132 lbs
    GW: 125 lbs
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    CBy60---I love that you threaten with bikini! Sexy & 60!!! Why not?! And now, there are those cute skirted ones!

I also was never encouraged to wear bikini ( I developed early, fast & furiously!) but to be modest in a one piece (which was still daunting with crazy full curves) -and honestly good suggestion for my younger days! But now, I think wow, that was a good bikini body for sure, not so much in last 10 years! Heck I would love to rock a sundress or pair of running shorts!

I think lengthening muscles is key for us shorties, stretching, pilates and bar method may help us elongate,

Does anyone else have short muscles( especially legs) that seem to blow up from cardio or cycleing? I know when I did mad amounts of yoga and running at one point I really leaned out and looked like I got taller, posture, posture and posture!! :)

This is a really interesting post because I feel like I've been building all this muscle in my arms, legs, rear but seeing no change on the scales and no change in the spare tire around my middle. It's like I'm just bulking up under the fat. Sheesh. I walk about 5 to 8 miles a day but that's not doing the trick. Gotta get my lungs back in shape to run I guess.
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, Im Brigitte. 5'4 and Im 54 years old. My heaviest weight was 160. Last year I lost 20 pounds and have been maintaining that. I was happy for awhile to be out of size 14's and wearing size 12's, but Im ready to get out of the size 12's now. My goal is to be 123 pounds. I dont think being older makes it more difficult to lose the weight, but I think I have to work harder because of the muscle tone lost due to age and not working out all these years.

Brigitte, I'm 45, 5'4 and 143lbs. I'd love to see 130 again but have unintentionally been maintaining 143-145 for the last 8 months. Best of luck. It seems harder the closer you are to me.
  • calcote05
    calcote05 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 5'4" and 155lbs first thing in the morning. My goal is 130. I'm probably much older than most of you - 54. If I get down to 130lbs this grandma has threatened to wear a bikini - just once! I was never allowed to wear one when I was a teen and I still need to rebel! I have 4 married sons, 5 grand kids with two more on the way. I also have four non biological children that we are raising and they have been a great support ! Although my 15 year old does think its "gross" when I threaten the bikini! He's comes with me inline skating and tonight got me started on weight lifting.

If you get there, you should most def rock a bikini!!! Everyone deserves to wear one at least once :)
  • calcote05
    calcote05 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Brandy. I'm 5'4" and am at 148. I have a 5 year old daughter and a 2 year old son. I lost about 25 pounds and got to my lowest weight since high school (132) before finding out I was pregnant with my 2 year old. I have been really struggling to get back on the wagon. My goal is 125, but would really be happy around 130. I've been consistently walking and lifting weights for the last month, but just can't put the junk food away. I really need some motivation and support!!
  • Heliconia
    Heliconia Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. My name is Melanie and I am 5 ft. 2 in.. I am a Canadian living in Costa Rica. I started at 170 and want to lose at least 40 pounds. It would be great to lose more. I am down 25 since Jan. 1. Unfortunately I have Psoriatic arthritis and as such have not done any exercise for four years. Some days I barely get out of a chair. I am losing weight but look very flabby. My muscle tone is nonexistent. I am thinking about going into town today to check out the male dominated gym. When I say male dominated, I mean exclusively male gym. Do I dare? I need a trainer that will push me but will understand my limitations.

Good luck to you all and remember the end result will be more than worth your efforts.

Melanie
  • LittleLazySheep
    LittleLazySheep Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Maddy from the UK, I'm 5'4ft and currently 142lb but want to get back down to 125 =)
  • FlatTummyTrish
    FlatTummyTrish Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I'm 139 and 5'5, I'm hoping to get anywhere lower than 138 as I've been stuck with this weight for years. I battled binge eating and I take any chance to exercise. I'm nearing towards the end of 30 Day Shred, hope to move on to Ripped!
  • ProudAirforceWife
    ProudAirforceWife Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Great group :) I am 43, 5' 5", currently residing in Courtenay, BC, and have been going at this since January. It says I joined in 2013 and I did but it wasn't until this January that I got off my *kitten* and decided enough is enough. I am NOT going up another pant size :)

SW: 157.2
    CW: 138.0
    GW: 130.0

I haven't been 130 for YEARS and would really like to hit that target and I would be ecstatic if I maintained between 130-135. I currently exercise by walking (lots of it) and will be starting JM 30 Day Shred in mid May (after my husband is done with night flying at work). I track everything and totally rely on my food scale. When I am at home I make sure I weigh everything. I am also an 80/20 girl. 80% healthy and 20% treats. We are NOT dieting, we are changing our eating habits and I will not deprive myself of foods that I love...I just control/portion it. I am on everyday and always willing to support and give advice (when asked or needed).

Please feel free to add me as a friend if you are looking for support and need a push now and then. I wouldn't have been able to get where I am with out the support on this site.

Cheers!
  • JennyKCarty
    JennyKCarty Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    I've been on MFP for over 400 days. I'm 5'4" and my weight ballooned up to 155lb. I was 125lb when I got married 5 years ago and I finally decided, enough is enough regarding the gluttony and laziness.
    I started walking, going to zumba classes and boot camp several days a week. Now I'm super active and make sure I burn more than I eat (most days). As I got closer to goal, I would reduce my deficit from 1lb/week to 1/2lb/week. Plus I am hungry and want to fuel my body for all that I ask it to do. My calories are set to maintenance now (1760). I try to keep a small deficit most days to make up for the days when I go over. I'm still slowly losing. I'm aiming to get just below 130 and see how I feel then.
    I'm glad you started this group!
  • lcknyc11
    lcknyc11 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! So happy to find this group. My name is Laura and I'm from NYC. I am currently 137 pounds and I would like to lose about 15-20 pounds, but in reality I just want to be and look in better shape. I started MFP about 3 weeks ago at 139 pounds. This is the heaviest I've ever been. I'm turning 31 next month and I'm getting married in December. I would like to slim down for my wedding (and for a girls trip to Greece in September), but ultimately I just want to be healthier and live a healthier lifestyle. I travel a lot for work and it is very difficult to know exactly what I'm putting into my body and workout while I'm on the road.

Traveling is slowing down for the next few months and I'm taking this opportunity to work on myself. I'm back in the gym about 5 days a week. I try to get in 2 full-body lifting workouts per week and one day for legs. I'm also kickboxing & boxing 4-5 days/week for 60 minutes per class. I assumed the weight would be flying off of me but I have to learn to accept that the last 20 pounds are always the hardest and longest to lose so I have be more patient. I'm still trying to figure out my calories. I initially set myself up as sedentary because I wear a HRM when I work out and log my workout calories separate, so MFP put my at 1,200. I'm eating back my calories, but after a lot of reading on the boards here I'm wondering if that is still too low. Today I set myself up as lightly active so bump my calories up to roughly 1,300 calories. Let's see if this works better.