New to the lifestyle: Check out my shopping list please!

Options
I have dove into LCHF today and I went shopping today. It was pretty expensive but I am hoping a lot of the items only need to be bought every month or so. Please add anything extra you get or tell me if there is anything on my list that isn't recommended. It would be great to get an extensive shopping list going!

Free range eggs 12pk
Full fat milk
Full fat cream
Butter
Philadelphia cream cheese
Full fat no added sugar plain yoghurt
Tasty cheddar
Brie

Bacon
Sausages
Free range chicken
Premium mince
Beef schnitzel

Shaved beef
Shaved champagne ham

Olive oil
Coconut oil

Avocados
Broccoli
Cabbage
Butternut squash
Frozen berries

70% chocolate

Is there anything else I could add?

Thank you!

Replies

• Skoster1
    Skoster1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    ...Is there anything else I could add?
    Yes, me coming over for dinner!

;-)
  • tipichni
    tipichni Posts: 7
    Options

;-)

haha. Well that would be nice. I don't have anyone around eating like this so it would good to share a meal.
  • Skoster1
    Skoster1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options

;-)

haha. Well that would be nice. I don't have anyone around eating like this so it would good to share a meal.

Trust me, you'll find recipes which will have people dying to eat what you eat! It's actually a decadent diet in terms of pleasurable food to eat.

It looks like you have a nice fridge full of food, though.
  • dmclva
    dmclva Posts: 9
    Options
    Where are your leafy greens? Spinach, Romaine, Red Leaf lettuce, Kale, Swiss Chard? Remember that leafy greens provide good nutrients and have low net carbs.

I would also add in some nuts (raw almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc.) and nut butters (which you can make yourself with a strong blender or food processor).
  • Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Sausages are great. You can find raw and precooked ones in the store. You can find turkey chicken beef and pork. Having snacks like pork rhinds and cheese sticks are good too.
  • tipichni
    Options
    Where are your leafy greens? Spinach, Romaine, Red Leaf lettuce, Kale, Swiss Chard? Remember that leafy greens provide good nutrients and have low net carbs.

I would also add in some nuts (raw almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc.) and nut butters (which you can make yourself with a strong blender or food processor).

Yes. Nut butters, great. I have a garden full of all of those leafy greens so I don't need to buy any :) I have a portion with every meal.
  • Amytrue1
    Amytrue1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I find that I really don't buy milk or yogurt anymore - I just use heavy cream from a local dairy. Some additional staples in my house are mushrooms, cauliflower, zucchini, butter, brussels sprouts and spicy pumpkin seeds. I adore macadamia nuts, but they are pricey and quite calorie-dense, which is really only a problem because I will eat them all at one sitting!
  • Caeyla
    Caeyla Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Be careful with the milk--even whole milk is 13g carb per cup. As others have said, consider adding more veggies. Some staples for me that aren't there are cauliflower, zucchini, spinach, and salad veggies. Make sure you check the labels on sausages--a lot of them have (completely unnecessary) added sugar. I accidentally managed to get 15 or so grams from Italian sausages at one meal a while back because I didn't check the label lol. Other than that, it looks great.
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Agreed on the whole fat milk. It's higher in carbs than you would think. Try substituting with heavy cream and unsweetened almond milk, depending on the situation. Unsweetened almond milk is a great source of vitamins and shares the same health advantages as cow's milk, but with an extra packing of nutrition. You can always add your own sweetener if you like, and it comes in original, vanilla, and chocolate.

Leafy greens and veggies (generally those that grow above ground) are a great addition to the shopping list. Aside from eating them in the regular ways, you can also use them to make healthier versions of some carbier foods that provide a ton of convenience. You can use zucchini to make 'noodles' and layers in a lasagna-like dish. You can use cauliflower to make a 'fried rice'.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I don't buy milk even if it's full fat. Milk has quite a bit of lactose, a sugar. I eat cheese, full fat sour cream, butter, cream (40% fat).
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Ground flax seed.

Trust me.
  • tipichni
    Options
    Thanks people. I tried cream in my coffee, but I just couldn't stomach it! I shall try almond milk.

Thanks for the suggestions I shall take them all on board.
  • tipichni
    Options
    Ground flax seed.

Trust me.

Yes. I have heard the consequences. haha Thanks. :)