May 2014 Who's in?

Options
kcasey155
kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
Hi I'm Karen. This is my third month in a row for this challenge and I like the fact that it pushes me to do that bit more exercise than I normally would. My goal for this month will be 100 miles. I already know the kids are off school at the end of the month, so I'll have to push myself early in the month to get in the mileage!

If this is your first month tell us your goal for the month. We will post our progress on the topic called 'May 2014 Week 1'. For tips on posting see the topic 'Recording Progress' and to find these topics 'click' on "100 Mile Monthly Walking Challenges" at the bottom of this page.

Thank you for joining :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    My name is Lillian. This challenge keeps me moving, thank you Karen for your work and encouragement.

My goal for May is 100 Miles.
    May 3rd is the MS Walks across Canada...and maybe elsewhere. I am walking with my kids.
    Hopefully there will be yard work to do...IF IT ever quits snowing here!!

Good luck everyone

First one to see a dandelion gets a bouquet!!:flowerforyou:
  • auntyfred
    auntyfred Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm Laura and this will be my first month on this challenge. Roll on the 1st may.
    My intention is to walk 100 miles during may.
  • Jennwa
    Jennwa Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am in and I will do the full 100 miles in May!! I
  • nan199678
    nan199678 Posts: 140
    Options
    Hi! This will be my first month & I'm going to say 50 miles. If I had a pedometer& could measure my indoor walks too I might try 100 off the break but I do not. I love this idea & am excited to see how I do!
  • mlh37214
    mlh37214 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I'm in again!! This month, I'm going to work toward 100 miles on my Fitbit and 50 miles on MapMyRun...it's warming up and I need something to motivate me to do more walk/jogs, and not just daily activities!
  • mrice1973
    mrice1973 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This will be my first time, and I'm going to go for 100 miles. The weather should be good for walks outside most of the time. I've been averaging about 2 a day on my Fitbit, so this sounds like what I need to bump up my exercise.
  • BettyandVeronica
    BettyandVeronica Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I am so in: Can't wait. I'm nearly done with Aprils challenge

exercise.png

Let's get it done
  • sheskimtastic
    Options
    I'm in. I walk to work and school regularly but don't track my distance. It should be fun to see how far I'm actually going.
  • Mhgretsch
    Mhgretsch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'm in:smile: My goal is 150 miles of walking/jogging based on my fitbit mileage.
  • Bananahat
    Bananahat Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in. This is my first time and my goal is to walk 161 km. A challenge will keep me motivated.
  • sofagreen
    sofagreen Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! First challenge I have accepted on mfp. I love walking and so do my dogs so this should be a great one for me. I hope I will be motivated to exceed the 100! thanks :smile:
  • christa279
    christa279 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm in again!

My name is Christa and this is my 3rd month doing the walking challenge. I use my FitBit One and count all my mileage for the day. Before February I was a complete couch potato, so the object for me is to just move more! I'm still shooting for 100 miles, although I will be pushing myself to hit closer to 150 miles for May.

My daughter and I are doing a Kids 5K Color Run this month. I'm also hoping to just increase my general exercise, especially with the nicer weather!!
  • KCSF
    KCSF Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie! This will be a huge encouragement to get moving again! My goal is go 75 miles. I will just track actual miles that I covered through doing activity (such as walking on treadmill.)

Thanks for starting this!
  • williamsge
    williamsge Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi Group! My name is Georgia and I've tried to complete this challenge several times in the past with no success. I'm setting my mind to walking 100 miles in May, in a combination of ways (outside, walking DVDs, and treadmill). Quitting is not an option this time! :bigsmile:
  • cecesquats
    cecesquats Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    hi, everyone! my name's cece and this will be my first month with this challenge. right now i'm also doing the c25k, so i think this will be a great way to add onto that program. my goal is 100 miles :)
  • bostonmom23
    bostonmom23 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi this is my first month participating in the challenge. I have a fitbit and do over 100 miles a month but I want to do more. I have back slipped in my eating. If I do well increasing my mileage I will be better with my goes in my mouth. I am hoping for May to do atleast 150 miles.
  • kshaw5501
    kshaw5501 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I'm Kelly and I'm in for May. I've been doing these 100 mile walking challenges for a few months now and it really helps me to push myself walk more. I use a Fitbit to track my miles.
  • vemstalminkatt
    vemstalminkatt Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I am Emma. Think this challenge would be great for me, beause when I am not walking back and forth from train and bus stations I am very much a couch-potato.

Will do this challenge by walking 4 miles a day with a indoor-walking workout video.

Good luck to everyone!
  • ahelgers10
    ahelgers10 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I am in! My name is Amy and I think this is perfect challenge for me. I am going to set a goal of 100 miles. Most of mine will be doing indoor waling videos due to have 3 kids but hopefully it will get nice and we can start going for walks together.
  • fgrice11
    fgrice11 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in! This will be my first month long challenge. I AM going to walk 100 miles this month! Right now I average 3-3.2 miles a day, so this will step it up. I'm also restarting the C25K, so this should help amp up my miles:)