Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I did a redo of my W3 D3 workout last night to make sure I can do it. The worst thing was on Tuesday night I was doing squats and lunges, so running Wednesday was a bit more painfull then I wanted. Walking, sitting, and getting up really hurt this morning.
  • mbitely2004
    mbitely2004 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Week 2 DONE!
  • sphkhn
    sphkhn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Week 5 Day 2 it was tough I think I'm going to repeat on monday
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Week 1 complete.
  • AlbionOakley
    AlbionOakley Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Week 5 Day 2 it was tough I think I'm going to repeat on monday

No! Just get w5d3 done and never look back :)
  • ldocampo
    ldocampo Posts: 34
    Options
    So I completed W6D1 yesterday and I have to say, I felt great afterwards. I wasn't hugely out of breath or dying inside like usual. I felt like I could go home and get stuff done before the inevitable nap! I slowed my speed down to about 4.7 for both runs so I'm sure thats why, but I felt great!
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Today is off day.

Most recent was Saturday: 5 min Wup, 10R,5W,10R,5 min Cdown. I'm a bit sore in the glutes and thighs today but some of that is I was at a conference Thurs/Fri/Sat and did a LOT more walking than I typically do on weekdays (I have sedentary cubicle job).
  • katlaf23
    katlaf23 Posts: 20
    Options
    Completed Week 5 Day 2 today. Wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Next workout is the 20 minute run. I'm definitely going to take that one slow and steady. Great job getting your running in everyone!
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Great going again, everyone! Listen to Varda when she says to slow down, it makes all the difference - and as a bonus you might have a tiny bit of extra stuff to give at the end in a final push.

I just did W4D3 and will move on to W5 later this week. Had my period last week and felt oddly "watery" both up in the head and in the nether regions, sorry if it's TMI for someone. So it felt good to be back out there today.
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I have finished W8D3, doing C25K in conjunction with a winter running program (long runs were via the program, but I generally used C25K during the week for the 30-40 minute sessions). This is my second round of C25K. (There is a half round prior to these two.) Instead of finishing with a 5K, I will be running my first 10K in May. I am concentrating on finishing, not on racing. If I dare race, it's all over at mile 4.

I found C25K to be easier each time I attempt it. It is a great tool for getting back into training after a short hiatus.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Did W4D3
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    I have finished W8D3, doing C25K in conjunction with a winter running program (long runs were via the program, but I generally used C25K during the week for the 30-40 minute sessions). This is my second round of C25K. (There is a half round prior to these two.) Instead of finishing with a 5K, I will be running my first 10K in May. I am concentrating on finishing, not on racing. If I dare race, it's all over at mile 4.

I found C25K to be easier each time I attempt it. It is a great tool for getting back into training after a short hiatus.
    Well done, how are things going now?
    Did W4D3
    You've been challenged to W5D1! I just came back from those 15 minutes of running.
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I just finished W1D2 this morning. Endurance-wise it was as easy as the first day. (I did not find the running hard at all, didn't get as winded as I expected... many years ago I couldn't run even 30 seconds without busting a lung). Physically, the first day I had really sore hips afterwards (IT bands) that lasted 2 days, and sore feet that lasted 3. I did better today, and stretched right after the run, and again when I got home (I drive to a dirt packed trail to run- pavement is too hard) then rolled out legs/hips with a foam roller. Hip pain is almost gone, so I will make sure this is my routine every time I run from now on. I feel so accomplished after running that I feel I want to go out and run again!
  • greentree0
    greentree0 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just did W1D2 too. A little faster than W1D1 because I got a decent sports bra today which meant that I wasn't jogging and trying to "hold myself in". It's nice to see everyone at different places in the program.
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    I think it's inspirational to read of all the different experiences. Makes me feel like it's one long continuum and all I have to do is focus on staying on the wagon, crawl back up if I fall down, and people will cheer me on no matter where I am.

Feel free to post anytime, I've run as far as week 8 until I twisted my ankle during normal walking. Varda and other graduates seem to pop by every so often, but I'll motivate myself by checking this thread daily from now on.
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    I graduated c25k in early March ran a 5k then have kind of gotten out of a run schedule. I can run a full mile wiouthout stopping on the treadmill but not outside. Think its mostly mental for me at this point. So this week I went to an outside track Im doing an interval run. Run 1/4 mile walk 1/4 mile interval for 1.5 miles three times a week. Yesterday I felt good so I did 2 miles. Doing it three times a week. This week Im going to attempt to run 1/2 walk 1/2 intervals. My goal is to be able to run a mile in a month.
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    It's something that many say; more difficult to run outside. Why do you think that is? I've only ever run on sand roads and pavement.
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    For me it's the opposite. I hate the treadmill, I find it so boring and don't like the feel of it beneath me. I've only walked on the treadmill before, but I would much rather go out hiking and climb hills than walk on a steady steep incline on treadmill... And I do that every Friday.. Ugh. So I don't think I will try running on a treadmill any time soon.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    W5D1 done
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    W5D1 done

:drinker: