Group Therapy

Options
Hi guys!

Welcome to the trust circle.

Here, you can say anything and we are here to listen. If you are in need of any support, please utilize this space to share your feelings and we will be here for you. Cross your arms, close your eyes, and fall back. We WILL catch you.

Replies

• lreynolds2019
    lreynolds2019 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have two small children and just can not get motivated on most days to lose weight! I am not to far off from where I want to be but it is still hard to just eat healthy and work out for me. Where I work the ladies are always bringing in snacks and cooking something good. Why in the world can I just not stick to a diet!
  • ProjectCali
    Options
    I totally feel you! I DON"T have two small children and I have constant trouble sticking to a diet. For me it's the constant struggle between looking good and loving food. What sucks about dieting is, in order to succeed, "no" has to become a prominent word... philosophy even. Who wants to say no all the time?? We always want to be positive, think "yes", but in order to stick to a diet you have to use "no" profusely. No thinking, no second guessing, just "no", and move on. You want seconds? NO. A piece of homemade chocolate cake? NO. You want to forget all about your diet and indulge in whatever monster of a snack is closest?? YES!! I mean NO.

Of course, eventually, it becomes habit. Eventually, routine sets in and it is no longer difficult. A sense of pride sets in and "no" melts away. You don't even take a second look at that chocolate cake, because you know you have something better. Something that tastes amazing because it is giving your body the nutrition and sustenance it needs. All it takes it enough strength to get over that first hurdle of "no". Believe me, you'll get a second wind and your whole attitude will change. You just need enough will power to leap over that first hurdle.

Believe me when I say, if you don't give up, even after you feel you've failed at a diet hundreds of times, if you keep trying, you will find success. Something will click one day and it will all feel a downhill journey from there. Just keep trying. Try, and try again. And remember, it's not a "diet", it's a complete change of life. You're making a commitment to a better way of living.
  • TaraRichardson913
    TaraRichardson913 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way.
    I will be really good one week and then the next I'm a total waste. It's so frustrating and I lose/gain the same 3lbs.
    Definitely the NO is hard. But it does get easier... I just said NO to a coffee when I really wanted a 250cal coffee. Baby steps, right!
    It's surprising, after I eat really bad I actually crave healthy food!
    And I am going to try hard to have healthy snacks at hand so I don't eat the high cal crap at the hungry moments.
    Keep going, we will all do this together!
  • lreynolds2019
    lreynolds2019 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the great advise. "NO" is a word I need to learn! I seem to use it a lot with my children, I need to start using with myself!

This weekend was not a great weekend. I really had no diet this weekend. But today I woke up strong, focused and ready to lose weight! So many reasons not to let myself go but I just need to learn the word "NO!!"
  • RobynSmithIBECHS
    RobynSmithIBECHS Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am tired. So tired. I have to study for finals but for some reason I just keep going onto Lord of the Rings Online and playing.
  • TaraRichardson913
    TaraRichardson913 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    The internet is my hugest distraction. Good luck on your finals!!