MAY 2014 - Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Starting training for my first full marathon this month, I will run the Portland Marathon on October 5th. Going with Hal Higdon's Novice 2 training plan, 18 weeks of training.

So my goal for May is 79 miles, which is the first 4 weeks of the training plan.
  • spikesmom
    spikesmom Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    May is going to be a challenging month for me. We have so much going on and I'm planning on running more than biking, preparing for a 5k on June 1. So, I will shoot for 200 miles between running and cycling, and pray that my very full schedule allows me to meet my challenge!!
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    New month, new ticker. I love dragonflies.

3.2 mile run/walk combo.

exercise.png
  • CorrieJane
    CorrieJane Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Going for 25 miles again this month because a) I didn't make it last month and b) I JUST TURNED 25!!! *Cue quarter -life crisis* Also, I was given a fitbit flex for my birthday, which I'm super excited about, so this weekend I am going to sit down, figure out how to use the fitbit and set some serious goals! Happy May everybody!
    Happy 25th Birthday, CORRIEJANE!! :flowerforyou: You're going to love your new Fitbit too. They are awesome for getting a person moving even more than they already do! :smile:

JSANDE10 - Welcome to another new face! :smile:

WALTERSRO2012 - Your birthday month too? :) Mine's the 18th this month.

I'm thrilled to see all the happy faces coming back for more!!! :bigsmile:
    conup.gif
    Dave

=============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

Thank you Dave!!
  • KariD1114
    KariD1114 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    90 miles for May
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options

WALTERSRO2012 - Your birthday month too? :) Mine's the 18th this month.

17th !! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Cheers to the Taurus :laugh: :laugh:

LOTS of birthdays this month- mine too! 3rd :laugh:
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    May goal is 125
    the day is young but I have a 2 mile walk in already :wink: I'll provide the total for the day later!
    5/1 - ___ miles
    Total to date: ___ of 125 miles
  • 319Sara
    319Sara Posts: 302 Member
    Options

exercise.png

I'm going UP 10 miles. Set my goal for 90 miles in May!
  • tlacox1
    tlacox1 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I have failed month after month due to illness, schedules, etc. so I know I should really bow out until things get back to the way they were but I am scared if I don't have SOMETHING calling me then I won't ever get back. The spring is just insane for me due to spring sports with four of my six being involved in something and also school (I'm a teacher) gets crazier and crazier the closer it gets. I live on a prison farm due to my husband's job and rank so I can't go out in the dark and it is just not feasible for me to go back into town late at night. I am going to work through all of this......actually, baseball and softball is over in two weeks....that's how I am going to work through it! Season is winding down so less games so maybe, just maybe, I can get some miles in.

Goal: 50 miles
  • Libi_KK
    Libi_KK Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Please sign me up for 50 miles for May.
    :drinker:
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    150 miles for me this month.

The Athens Half Marathon is next Sunday. I'm only running the 5K distance which I'd like to finish under 35 minutes. If I keep training like I am right now I'll most probably give the half a try next year.
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    A short 3 miles running today

exercise.png
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    I would like to join again after a year off. I'm training for my first marathon in November so I'm in for 100 miles running.

exercise.png
    Welcome back, LYLA29! I managed to find your old info so you're not starting back at square one. :smile:

Dave

Thank you it's nice to be back in the challenge, it'll keep me motivated and on track for my training. :smile: I'm glad you found my old info I wasn't sure if it would still be there.
  • asalembier
    asalembier Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Sorry I wasn't around for April, had some personal stuff to deal with.

I am back for May!

I am aiming for 100 miles walked. Let's do this!
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    I will try for 100 miles again. I will be away on holiday for two weeks so I don't know how many miles I will do. Also may not have an internet connection so may not be able to post my miles. I will have to save them until I get back
  • JayMri
    JayMri Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I am in again, hoping for better walking weather then we are getting now. 40's and rain for a the 5th day is not conducive to walking!

Goal: 25
  • heidicalif
    heidicalif Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Still moving, but my long walks (and rides) are being replaced by packing up our house to put it on the market. I don't count steps for MYA, but my aim is always 10k before I pick up the kids at school, and I always make it. :)

Goal this month: 75mi
  • imadiva32
    imadiva32 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I did horrible last month. First, I started about a week after the beginning of the month and I didn't finish. I love this challenge and it has helped me in the past so I'm not going to give up but try harder.

Count me in for 30miles!
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I'll go for another 1000 miles again

Rest day ahead of four days in the hills. New bike is still in transit somewhere between Germany & the bike shop ;-(
  • MDLNH
    MDLNH Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I've got my 1st Triathlon (spint distance) of 2014 coming up in June . . . Going to ramp-up the mileage for May !!!

Goal: 150 miles

May 1st: 12 miles (*Spin*)

*Total so far: 12 miles
This discussion has been closed.