looking for CrossFit women pals

Options
124»

Replies

• misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Crossfit noob here! :) Finishing my On Ramp program next week and I'm loving it so far!! Anyone may feel free to add me!
  • bekahjk
    bekahjk Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Looks like this post was from awhile ago but I'd love some other Crossfit woman out there for encouragement and motivation. I am a newbie, been doing it for a month now and I am so addicted!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me. I've been add it a year and I try to go 4 times a week.
  • ahemming1
    ahemming1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Question for you CrossFit ladies - now that you have found CrossFit have you found a shift in your attitude about how look? When I joined CrossFit it was to lose weight and I wanted to look "slim". Over my time I switched to focusing on what my body could do and not what it looked like (it didn't hurt of course that my body Composition shifted to much much healthier body fat% and I dropped 6-8 sizes). But I now find myself beating myself up for not "looking" like a CrossFitter - not looking like Stacie Tovar or Camille Leblanc. This has especially been true over my past 2 years coaching. I know I could more LOOK the part if I went back to the strict clean eating I was doing when I was competing, but honestly I hated the stress of the lifestyle I was living back then.

Thoughts?

This is definitely the case for me. I have lifted heavy and made a lot of progress over the last two years with CrossFit, but I always wanted to just lose the extra fat that is hiding all my muscles. I know it's there and I want all of my hard work to show. I have been cutting for about 2 months now and have taken off about 7-10 lbs and I am starting to see my abs. PRs are all over the place...up and down. But, I'm still strong. Now, I'm 47 with 2 kids, so I'm sure I won't look like Stacie or Camille or Annie, etc. But, I really want to get to the best that is possible for me. One small issue...I am single and running into the problem with dating. Many men are intimidated by my passion/obsession and not all of them like that look. But, I won't let that stop me, I'll just have to find one that likes the muscle :)

June will be 2 years of CF for me.
  • kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    Options
    Add me? I love new friends who I can discuss crossfit with!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Add me? I love new friends who I can discuss crossfit with!

This is a great place to throw out questions too. We have a lot of experienced Crossfitters who really know there stuff in this group.

Hopefully we will run into each other at a competition at some point. I live in Belmont MA and work out at Forever Crossfit in Watertown.
  • okulyd
    okulyd Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I've been doing crossfit for 4 months. I started slow with a beginner class but am now doing 5x per week. Loving it. I had lots of difficultly with the form and flexibility needed for the lifts. Its been only in the past month or so where I can do al of the lifts and started getting what I think are pretty good numbers. Lots of PRs but I know this is because I am still pretty new.

As far as body image goes I still want/need to lose a lot of weight. I never expected to be skinny but I definitely want to be considered "healthy" rather than obese as I am now. Unfortunately I haven't lost very much weight in the past 4 months. I hope this is because I have gained lots of muscle but my clothes and stuff seem to fit the same or are maybe getting tighter in my upper body.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I haven't lost very much weight in the past 4 months. I hope this is because I have gained lots of muscle but my clothes and stuff seem to fit the same or are maybe getting tighter in my upper body.

It is. I had the same experience my first few months of Crossfit. When I started paying closer attention to my diet is when I started to lose weight, particularly when my gym did a group Paleo challenge.
  • kimmae17
    kimmae17 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Ive been crossfiting since last October and I love it!!! getting stronger slowly but surely! I eat paleo most of the time and have been increasing carbs after being mostly lo carb to see how it affects my performance! feel free to add me
  • spitzboop
    spitzboop Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    New to crossfit ...just finished my second on ramp class...would love the addition of friends to encourage and support !!
  • tkersey60
    tkersey60 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started Crossfit at the age of 54. So far I am always the oldest in the class but actually take great pride in that. ha ha Would love to have other Crossfit friends.
  • collegegirl713
    collegegirl713 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I just finished my On-Ramp course. I think I love and hate Crossfit! I would love to get support and friends from this community.

Feel free to add me!
  • pookaroo78
    pookaroo78 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've been doing CF for a year now, wow time flies!! It's awesome! Feel free to add me! :bigsmile:
  • butterbear1980
    butterbear1980 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Add. Me!
  • ashleearoha
    ashleearoha Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me! I am new to crossfit and want more friends on mfp who do it and log their food!