I'll do 250 please. ????
    thanks!
    Linda
  • pafagel
    pafagel Posts: 268 Member
    I'm in, as always:smile:
  • RunnerInVT
    RunnerInVT Posts: 226 Member
    I changed mine to 200 instead of 250 for the month. By the time the marathon is done on the 25th, I will have done 207 miles and probably won't want to do much running after that for a while! :)
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    April did not go as planned, but I am going to pick up in May! I am hoping for 100 miles this month, but hopefully I will do more. :smile:
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    May the fourth be with you everyone!

13.2 miles for the day, 25 for an abbreviated first week. I'm ready to pound out some serious miles next week because the week after that I will be participating in a running study that limits me to 40 miles per week.
  • crosstraindylan
    crosstraindylan Posts: 124 Member
    Lowering my miles for the next two weeks due to my first marathon being May 18th woooo
  • aldousmom
    aldousmom Posts: 382 Member
    More than half way to my goal for the month! Happy Mother's day to me!
  • davemunger
    Updated the spreadsheet!

I finished week 2 with 69.9 miles. I was shooting for 70 but miscalculated...oh well, close enough!

For the rest of the month I am limited to 40 mpw due to a running study I am participating in.

Keep on running / logging, folks!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    From RunningAhead.com

Today is day 12.
    95.5 mi and 19 days remaining
    Progress: 79.5 mi
    Pace bunny: 67.7 mi

You are projected to complete
    205.4 mi at the current rate.

Completed distance / day
    6.6 mi
    (46.4 mi / week) Distance / day to reach goal
    5 mi
    (35.2 mi / week)

https://www.runningahead.com/logs/e5ffddff35f84ba5881bb0816a0f435a

I'm padding a little because I have my annual Air Force fitness test on Friday and have to run 1.5mi at a speed I can live with.
  • wombat94
    wombat94 Posts: 352 Member
    Alright, I am finally back.

In March, I missed badly on my original goal of 135, and barely got 100 miles in.

This was due to a case of PF that was flaring up and which, to my regret, I ignored.

That trashed most of my April running (I got a total of just over 30 miles in in April).

Due to that, I didn't want to put a goal that I know I would push for in May until I felt I was REALLY over the PF.

All systems appear to be go, and I ramped back up to 18 - 20 miles last week with no ill effects. So I'm in...

90 miles for the month is the goal.

I'm back and feeling better about getting going on my training again. I think I've decided to use Hansons Marathon Method to train for my first full.. and that means Miles, miles and more miles coming up later this year.
  • julie_emma1
    julie_emma1 Posts: 146
    Hi Dave, thanks as always for organizing this! I just joined in - super late, I know! Hope that's okay!:blushing:
  • DonPendergraft
    DonPendergraft Posts: 520 Member
    Prolly not going to hit my goal of 120 this month. What changed? I got a coach! So I'm not doing my schedule, I'm doing my coaches. More track work, hills, cross training, etc. It also means for now less miles compared to what I had scheduled. But I got a coach for a reason so I will defer to her expertise and experience. It just won't do when your coach asks for you do to something and reply with "well I don't think so. I read something on the internet where..." Anyway, I'm not losing my enthusiasm for running. Quite the opposite. It's just that my goals are no longer my own!
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 653 Member
    I used to be in this group a couple of years ago and it really motivated me to run. I'm going to do 50 miles this month, going on vacation next week so I will just log in what I have so far this month :)
  • davemunger
    I just updated the spreadsheet. Of course it's fine to jump in to the challenge late in the month -- thanks timadotcom and Julie_Emma!

I'm at 154 for the month currently, with 42 miles to go. Unfortunately the running study I'm enrolled in limits me to 40 miles per week and I'm running a marathon on June 1 that counts as part of the last week in May for the study. Which means I can only run 14 miles the rest of the week, which is all that will count here!

So I will end up being just a touch under my goal of 196 miles for May.
  • ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member

So I will end up being just a touch under my goal of 196 miles for May.

And you call yourself a runner? Such a slacker. :laugh: :wink:
  • aldousmom
    hmmm, by the time I run my race on Saturday I will be a little over my monthly goal. I'm terrible at estimating my mileage for the month. I regret that I didn't set a bigger goal!
  • davemunger
    Since I'm on the road and not sure when I will have a chance to update, I have already set up the June challenge! Join in the fun by following the link below:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1302522-join-the-june-2014-challenge
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    I won't be making my goal for this month, but I just passed my total for February, making this my biggest month since January, with 1 or 2 more runs to do! I'm also averaging over 20 miles a week again, so I feel good about that.
  • DonPendergraft
    Welp, I'm going to miss my goal of 120 miles by about 5 miles. I got a coach (yay!) half way through the month so two days I would have been running I'm now doing elliptical which doesn't count toward running miles. I'm scheduled to run 11 on Saturday and I guess it would be cheating my coaches plan for me to run 16 instead! It will make guessing mileage tough for June. I only get a weeks worth of activities at a time. Very different from my normal method of mapping things out months in advance!
  • davemunger
    Welp, I'm going to miss my goal of 120 miles by about 5 miles. I got a coach (yay!) half way through the month so two days I would have been running I'm now doing elliptical which doesn't count toward running miles. I'm scheduled to run 11 on Saturday and I guess it would be cheating my coaches plan for me to run 16 instead! It will make guessing mileage tough for June. I only get a weeks worth of activities at a time. Very different from my normal method of mapping things out months in advance!

The discipline your coach is giving you is more important than hitting some arbitrary number of miles. I wouldn't sweat that at all. I think it's still cool to track miles here even though I'm limiting my miles due to being in this running study; neat to see what everyone else is doing and offer mutual support.
  • mjpTennis
    mjpTennis Posts: 6,165 Member
    I overestimated my desire to be back running after the first marathon on Mother's Day. It was a great race, but I ended up doing other training instead of the daily running (tennis, basketball, strength training). I feel great though - May ended up being a 75 mile month instead of 100. Picking up the running again next month. Spending a lot of time now on trails....such a great time. Hard at work mapping out runs and finding new trails nearby. Nice job everyone.
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Made my goal this month! Finally. Feeling stronger! and my job schedule should be good in the fall to keep it up. :drinker:
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Well I have been tracking my miles but not talking here - sorry but I made my goal and the hamstring/leg feels . . . OK.

Think I will try for 80 months - I am having some holiday time!

Thanks for all the support and keeping the post going :)
  • davemunger
    Made my goal this month! Finally. Feeling stronger! and my job schedule should be good in the fall to keep it up. :drinker:

Woot! Congratulations! I didn't quite make it -- 189 out of 196. But with any luck I'll start June off with a bang -- 26.2 tomorrow! I'm updating the spreadsheet now and will update it again in a few days to catch any stragglers.
  • aldousmom
    Done, 28 miles over goal. I didn't do anything extraordinary, except setting my goal too low.
  • DonPendergraft
    Done, 28 miles over goal. I didn't do anything extraordinary, except setting my goal too low.

You raced a lot though!