CleaneEaters with open diaries

Options
lindabeth333
lindabeth333 Posts: 130 Member
Hi - I just joined your group and so glad I found you! I have 100 pounds to lose - I eat mostly clean but struggle with portion control and exercise is a struggle. I dont generally eat enough protein. I would love some clean eating friends with open diaries to get ideas.. Thank you, Linda

Replies

• montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    You beat me to it! LOL

I have an open diary, but be warned, I tend to only eat 70% to 80% clean. There are some things I am just not willing to part with. :tongue:
  • lindabeth333
    Options
    Thanks Montana! I can relate - I have to have my coffee at all costs. I just want to try to be more thoughtful about what I eat - not be on a strict regime. I hope that some day I will have lost 108 pounds and be an inspiration to someone else!
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Jenny_Rose77 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to look at my diary. I don't know if it would pass a purist inspection, but I think I eat pretty clean. I just got on a serious roll these past couple of weeks.
  • lindabeth333
    Options
    Thanks jenny - it helps me to see what others are doing (or not doing!)
  • Shanz78
    Shanz78 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My diary is open too. I've only been eating 90%+ for about a week but ive never felt better. I used to be a carb-o-holic but now im not eating wheat or gluten and only eat carbs after a workout or if im craving them. Hope this helps:)
  • reklawn
    reklawn Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You can add me :)
  • daytolive
    daytolive Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Im eat pretty clean/gluten free on most days. ADD ME! Im always looking for people with open diary's,to inspire me on my off days ;)
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    you can have a look at mine- I guess we all have our own version of what is clean!
  • arl1286
    arl1286 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I eat pretty clean (I'd say probably 80% these days). I do occasionally indulge in some dessert or beer, haha, but other than that, I don't eat bread/crackers, potato chips, etc.
  • jenmom2myboys
    jenmom2myboys Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • jbaerbock
    jbaerbock Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I try my darndest to eat as clean as possible. I sometimes falter a bit but my diary is open too.
  • s0njas0n
    s0njas0n Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    you can add me, i do my best. my downfall is eating out and alcohol...
  • Stacy_Merrell
    Stacy_Merrell Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    While I joined this group a while back, I have not been dedicated at the whole "clean eating" thing. I am really wanting to get focused and get going. I like the fact people have their diaries open for viewing. My goal is to begin with at least 50% and quickly increase to a better percentage. Any advice or suggestions for someone just getting started with this new and healthy lifestyle?
  • jenmom2myboys
    jenmom2myboys Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    While I joined this group a while back, I have not been dedicated at the whole "clean eating" thing. I am really wanting to get focused and get going. I like the fact people have their diaries open for viewing. My goal is to begin with at least 50% and quickly increase to a better percentage. Any advice or suggestions for someone just getting started with this new and healthy lifestyle?

What healthy foods do you like? I am the kind of person who can eat the same thing everyday so I love asparagus and can eat it everyday, same with apples, bananas, almond milk. I try to eat a salad everyday, too. I love red peppers and cucumvers so I add them. Try and focus on what you like.
  • sunsoakeddreamer
    sunsoakeddreamer Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey Stacy, I'm just going "clean" too, so this is what I've tried so far:
    -buy more veggies- I would usually buy what I needed for recipes for the week, now I buy additional stuff (peppers, celery, artichoke, asparagus) pretty much what ever is on sale. I try and work more veggies into our meals. Then I wash and cut up a bunch and have it easy to grab in the fridge. Now when I'm looking for snacks its celery with pb, or peppers and hummus that I grab, and not chips or cookies.
    -stop buying chip or cookies, lol. Plus, for me budget is an issue, and I thought I'd be spending a fortune on groceries buying more fresh and organic stuff, but just cutting out these two things gives me plenty of breathing room in the grocery bill.
    -drink just water and tea (FH drinks coffee too) we don't buy soda, "juice", or iced tea anymore
    -change breakfast- I *love* breakfast. This might be the hardest part of eating clean for me, especially since we go out for breakfast on the weekend with family. I just want waffles and syrup and all the most sugary, carby, processed things on the menu! At home I've changed what breakfast looks like a lot because it always had some kind of added sugar- cereal, syrup, pop tarts (did I really ever eat those things??). Now it's some kind of protein (egg, peanut butter, yogurt), a whole grain, and a piece of fruit
    -find what keeps you interested - for me its been reading blogs and finding new recipes. We've only been at it a few weeks, but every week we do a little better!

PS Thanks everyone sharing open diaries! Good idea Linda!
  • SweetSailor
    SweetSailor Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm reasonably clean, and looking for others who can inspire me to be more clean, too! Open diary, add away!
  • 1Year100Pounds
    1Year100Pounds Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Mine should be open... I'm about 10 days into a 30 day clean eating detox, but I've been down the clean eating road before..I have over 100 pounds to lose too. When the 30 days are up, I'll aim for 80-90% clean. Note: I have a 7 month old, so frequently don't get as much time as I would like to eat regularly.
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda my name is Joy. I eat clean and have an open diary. Had a bad few weeks recently but getting back on track. Getting back on the paleo diet after a break. Add me if you want., anybody can add me.
  • LydiaZembower
    LydiaZembower Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have been reading the McDougall Plan books and he states that you don't need to eat so much protein. In fact you get all the protein you need from starches, vegetables, and fruits. No meats, dairy or fats. That is what I am doing now. Since I do a bit of weightlifting as well, I will drink a protein shake, Shakeology, mixed in water, just to be sure I have the correct amount. Hope this helps.
  • Starstamp
    Starstamp Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hello I have been absent but I'm back. I am very interesed in eating clean and getting some ideas so count me in. This might make me a little more accountable if I know people are looking at my diary. I would like to lose 5lbs, to start. baby steps my scale at home mostly reads 147 but this morning the scale said 150. I am 5'4" or so. I mostly eat clean,...I think. But I do have my bad habit which is drinking too much wine. But I know if I cut back the 5lbs will drop.

Thanks,
    Star