For today Apr 5th

Options
GrokRockStar
GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
“No single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.” – Antoine de Saint Exupery

“For today: a flower takes a season to grow, as tree long years to mature. Each growing thing, myself included, has a timetable for growth.”

I really enjoyed the reading today! It reminds us that slow and steady wins the race, and that we need to treat our recovery with care and patience. Although vanity has brought me into the OA program, sanity keeps my here. I take comfort in knowing that I will get to a healthy weight as long as I continue to work this program. I didn’t believe that at first, but I’ve seen it time and time again in this program. It truly works!

Replies

• blackthrux
    blackthrux Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I thought about this a fair amount today before it finally hit home for me: in a world full of instant gratification, I'm having a hard time allowing for that growth to come on its own timetable, and not on mine. It might have taken me decades to get to where I am now, but I want to change and get to where I'm going in days! Never mind that I don't have any idea where my journey is going to take me! This is a good reminder that it's the journey that matters, that gives me experiences and memories, not the destination.
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    So true, each experience is a compilation of what our future will look like.