Favourite Keto Recipes

Options
morgan_aj
morgan_aj Posts: 2 Member
Hello Gang! Me and two of my roommates have been on a keto diet for about 10 weeks. It is going really awesome and we are seeing visible results and generally feeling pretty awesome. We all still to a 70% Fat, 25% Protein, and <5% Carbs (Always <30g Net Carbs).

I was just wondering what some of your favourite go to recipes, or entertaining recipes are? We all know there are a lot of HFLC recipes out there, but I want to hear the tried and the true.

One of our favourites is http://blogs.oregonstate.edu/modifiedketogenicdietforepilepsy/2012/03/20/peanut-butter-coconut-cookies/ though always add a teaspoon of liquid stevia, as they did not anything sweet. We also enjoy http://www.fatsecret.com/recipes/white-castle-hamburger-pie/Default.aspx, though we change the added spoices regularly, as it is a bit bland if you follow the recipe 100%. :smile:

Replies

• ginnyspencer1
    ginnyspencer1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP GREEK YOGURT! 1 bowl or tub of 0% Fage Greek Yogurt: mix in Peppermint Extract Drops and Stevia, to taste.... In a separate little cup, add equal parts Coconut Oil (1-2 Tbsp) & plain Cocoa Powder (1-2 Tbsp), add Stevia to taste and stir till it looks like hershey syrup! (set the cup in a bowl of warm water, to soften the oil if needed). Pour/spoon drop the chocolate into the minty greek yogurt, then slowly, gently stir it around into the yogurt. Don't blend it in, just move the chocolate around in the yogurt till it hardens and breaks into flakes and chunks. YUMMO! It's also amazing if you use powdered peanut butter (whole foods/publix?) instead of the mint extract. I make a large tub at a time, then eat on it all week! Yogurt adds protein, Coconut Oil Chocolate adds the fat! Add more chocolate if you want!
  • Caeyla
    Caeyla Posts: 42 Member
    Options
  • rainbowunicorns720
    rainbowunicorns720 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    http://buttoni.wordpress.com/2011/06/08/toasted-coconut-candy/

they come out almost like a nougat (if you take them out of the freezer and let them soften for about ten minutes before eating)! and i replaced the almonds with walnuts to lower the carbs even further even though they are already low...and at about 90% fat these are my new favorite keto food! even my kids love them and they hate low carb treats. follow "low carbing among friends" on facebook...they have some of the best recipes i've tried!
  • raychilg
    raychilg Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I have been trying out some low carb recipes this week. My top pick would be these:

http://www.food.com/recipe/hamburger-buns-zero-carb-480776

They are also sometimes referred to as "revolution rolls".

I used Soft Cheese instead of Cottage Cheese as found it more appealing. I read somewhere it could be substituted and they came out brilliantly. :)

The key with these is to make sure your egg whites are as stiff as possible, once mixed only use the fluffy mix on the tray and make sure to bake them until they are really golden brown all over. If under baked they are a bit soufflé-like. But if done right and left over night, they are sweet and taste a bit like bread. The closest we'll get anyway!

They do go off (bad) rather quickly. I baked a batch on saturday and today they have started getting mouldy. But would be ideal if more that one person is eating them :)

I love getting creative on this diet

Thanks for the recipes :) xx
  • shanniem1
    shanniem1 Posts: 35
    Options
    I made a chicken cordon bleu casserole this week that turned out great!
    Chicken (breasts or thighs, cut up into chunks)
    Cooked cubed ham (I have a few - 2 cup frozen bags of ham in my freezer from a family dinner)
    Whipping cream mixed with swiss cheese

Bake for an hour at 350 (cover for the first 45 mins)
    SO good!
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • teresastone10
    Options
    My favorite entertaining dish is chicken pinwheels. Find the largest chicken breast(s), butterfly it open, and pound it flat. Season the inside with garlic salt/Mrs. Dash. Spread with softened cream cheese. Layer on ham slices or bacon, colby jack cheese, and spinach or asparagus. Roll tightly and pin with toothpicks. Place in baking dish, smother in blue cheese dressing, top with shredded parmesan cheese, and bake at 350 for one hour. Let rest 10 min. before slicing for best presentation.
    Have you exhausted the world of omelets? Chicken fajita omelets are my favorite.
    Stir-frys? Crustless quiche? Stuffed peppers or portabellas? Cream of vegetable (no potato) soup?
    Good luck.
  • shanniem1
    shanniem1 Posts: 35
    Options
    Pork Rind "waffles" or "French toast" (I made similar to these as waffles last night and they were awesome):
    http://training.fitness.com/healthy-recipes/low-carb-keto-french-toast-51053.html
  • eels4peels
    eels4peels Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Dijon Chicken and Mushrooms
    Boneless, skinless chicken thighs chunked
    Mushrooms chunked
    .25 Cup Dijon Mustard
    Heavy Cream

This is a base recipe that I go to at least once a week. I just cooked the chicken and mushrooms together in my cast iron and then add the mustard and cream and let it thicken to a sauce. If I'm feeling fancy I'll add crumbled bacon, cream chees, or sour cream. I've also added spinach/kale/zucchini.

Eat it on Broccoli roasted in the over with bacon fat. So good!
  • s3girl
    s3girl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast w/ skin with Brussels Sprouts

On a baking pan, drizzle EVOO & add salt, pepper, and garlic to the chicken. Bake at 400 for 30-45 minutes. With 20 minutes left on the chicken, add prepped sprouts (outer leaves peeled & cut in half) to the pan, more EVOO/salt/pepper/garlic. Bake and consume!
  • teddiebare
    teddiebare Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I've been living off of cream cheese fluff for snacks the last few weeks. You can do so much to make these the way you want. And the best part is, the longer they sit in the fridge, the more fluffy they become!

http://screwedonstraight.net/keto-desserts-cheesecake-fluff-edition/
  • djthom2
    djthom2 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Chocolate chia pudding
    Mix 4oz. Almond milk, 1Tbs. Chia seeds, 1Tbs. Cocoa powder and a package of stevia. Refrigerate until gelled.
  • claudiakendall98
    claudiakendall98 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    bump
  • claudiakendall98
    Options
    Cream cheese pancakes :2 oz Cream cheese
    2 Eggs
    1 pck Stevia
    1 tsp Cinnamon
    Cook on nonstick buttered pan by 1/4 C , makes 3 top with whip cream or sugar free syrup and berries.
  • meggers84
    meggers84 Posts: 17
    Options
    Tried the cookies with almond butter....soooo goooood! Thanks for the recipe
  • carltonstedman
    carltonstedman Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Grassfed steak. Rare. Salt and Pepper. Charcoal grilled. Kerrygold Butter melted on top as it rests.
  • iFreebaseBacon
    iFreebaseBacon Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole

Ingredients:
    4 lbs. of boneless skinless chicken breast
    8 oz. freshly shredded cheddar cheese
    8 oz. cream cheese
    12 slices of thick cut bacon
    1.5 lbs of fresh mushrooms
    ½ packet of ranch seasoning (4 tsp)
    Fresh cracked pepper to taste

Directions:
    Start by cooking the bacon. We've grown to love baking it in the oven. Line a pan with aluminum foil and place the bacon on it. Cook for 18-20 minutes at 400 degrees. Cooking times may vary depending upon the thickness of the bacon. Save your bacon grease! The foil lined pan makes cleanup easy and very easy to save your grease, which is great for cooking.

Chop up the chicken into bite sized pieces. Add bacon grease (or olive oil, butter, whatever) to a pan on medium and toss the chicken in. Season with the ranch packet. You want to make sure to cook the chicken mostly all the way through.

While the chicken is cooking wash and slice up your mushrooms. We buy them in bulk from Sam’s and don’t mind the extra work involved in prepping them.

When the chicken is finished remove it from the pan and cook the mushrooms. Season these if you want with a little salt and pepper. Cook them until they get to the consistency that you prefer.

Add the finished ingredients to a large greased (makes cleanup easy) casserole dish. It helps to pull the cream cheese out of the refrigerator ahead of time so that it can soften.

When the bacon is finished chop it up into bite sized pieces and add all of the ingredients to the casserole dish, including the cheese, and mix thoroughly. Optionally top with fresh cracked black pepper.

Set your oven to 350 degrees and cover the dish with aluminum foil. Cook for 30 minutes covered and then 10 minutes uncovered.

This makes 8 servings each weighing approximately 280 grams.
    Nutrition: 509 calories, 4g net carbs, 28g fat, 60g protein. This could be easily adjusted to increase the fat. Enjoy!

FOODGASM.
  • claudiakendall98
    Options
    Coffee crusted Steak

Heat 1 tbsp butter and olive oil in cast iron pan on medium.
    Sea salt and pepper Steak, sprinkle with your option flavored coffee ,I used pecan flavor Keurig coffee liberally on both sides.
    Cook 3 minutes on each side for Med rare or 4 to 5 minutes for medium on each side.
    It is absolutely scrumptious. Enjoy :)
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Pork Rind "waffles" or "French toast" (I made similar to these as waffles last night and they were awesome):
    http://training.fitness.com/healthy-recipes/low-carb-keto-french-toast-51053.html

These sound yummy! I miss pancakes! What do you use for maple syrup? the no sugar added syrup I found was still 10g of carbs per tbsp.
  • claudiakendall98
    Options
    I use Mrs buttersworth which has 8 carbs but also has 8 sugar alcohol which your body does not absorb so 0 g net carbs.