Running in the Rain

Options
13»

Replies

• saskie78
    saskie78 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Runs 10 miles and under--I usually enjoy it, especially on trails.
    Runs over 10 miles--it gets old. Quickly :)
  • nebraskalaska
    nebraskalaska Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Portlander here, but I somehow miraculously avoid running in the rain most of the time. I like it if I'm prepared, but if I get caught off guard I hate it. I need a hat to keep the rain off my face, and I prefer a really light long sleeve shirt.
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    :wink:
  • smarionette
    smarionette Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of it, especially if it is cold. I'm going to try to get better about running outdoors in all weather this year, but we will see. I did a half marathon race in cold, wind and rain and had my hip lock up at mile 10...those last 3 miles were a walk, with occasional jogging portions mixed in. Completely torpedoed my time, nearly fell down a flight of stairs going back to the car, and felt like the hip socket was bruised for a week.
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I ran my first 10K race a few weeks ago in a steady drizzle. Temperature was cool but not too cold, and the wind was fairly light. Lots of fun.
  • KayandBelle
    KayandBelle Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I ran a 5K last Saturday in the pouring rain. About 80 other runners were as crazy as me. Some left after they decided it was raining too hard to be safe. It was actually fun! I couldn't wear my glasses and the streets were a mess with puddles. My earbuds kept falling out from the rain hitting the side of my face.