May Challenge!!

Options
LuluNH
LuluNH Posts: 75 Member
Since I ended April right where I started, I want to get as close to goal as possible for the end of May!! I want to start my summer at goal this year!! which means I need to battle carb creep right now!! May 10th marks my first anniversary in Onederland. Best wishes for a wonderful May!!

Replies

• timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    you sound a bit like me, doing just enough to stay where you are, I am happy with the weight loss so far, but I really want to move forward, its fun to have not put the weight back on, but its going to take something new, something harder, more mental, more something, i am thinking about doing 3 days of fat fasting each week this month, I may even do a whole week of "Eggs Only",, I have seen people do that with outstanding results
  • christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Yay for May!!! I am looking to get to goal this month as well. My goal is 143, which is 4 more pounds - just in time for summer. :happy:

There should not be quite as many distractions this month. My son's birthday, Mother's Day, Memorial Day... not too bad as the family knows the plan I am on and they are on board with it.
  • mominaada3
    mominaada3 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi all,I am in!I have about 7 kgs to lose and yeah its gettin a bit harder...hv been doin low carb for 2 months but now plan to go full throttle.Would love to lose 5 kgs this month.Best of luck to everyone
  • LuluNH
    Options
    Totally agree with you Tim!! I'm glad to be maintaining and I really want to make my goal and maintain from there. I have been flirting with carb creep and that's not a good place for me!!. I don't want to fat fast or egg only because I'm afraid if I fail it will lead to impulse overeating....I love food it just doesn't love me back!! HA!! Best wishes for an on-plan day!!
  • timwhoa
    Options
    Totally agree with you Tim!! I'm glad to be maintaining and I really want to make my goal and maintain from there. I have been flirting with carb creep and that's not a good place for me!!. I don't want to fat fast or egg only because I'm afraid if I fail it will lead to impulse overeating....I love food it just doesn't love me back!! HA!! Best wishes for an on-plan day!!

LOL @ loving food, lately I dont carb creep, I just simple carb indulge!! ,, it gets bad,, ugh,, so i have to push myself far away from them and keep them at bay!
  • LuizH
    LuizH Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I wanted to lose 14 lbs in April. I actually lost 5! :huh: lol! I'll go for a bit more realistic this time :wink:

We're going on a family holiday on 31st May, and I've promised my kids I'll ease off the diet a bit while we're away, so I want to get to my first goal of 163lbs before we go. That means 7 pounds in 4 weeks!

I'm not sure I fancy the sound of an eggs only week! Doesn't it *ahem* :embarassed: 'bung you up'?
  • abbyolurin1
    abbyolurin1 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Just came off a cruise and gained 9 pounds! I'd like to be 148 pounds by the end of this month. I'm going back on induction because I have essentially cheated this whole year. I need your support guys. I fell off the wagon and can't seem to get back on!
  • christineellis
    Options
    I fell off the wagon and can't seem to get back on!

Welcome back on the wagon! I have had a bad week, but am ready to get back on track. People are not checking in very often...that is what seems to help me for support. Keep checking in guys - we can do it!
  • LuluNH
    Options
    Really in check with carb creep and expecting to see at least one pound loss sometime this week!! The last pounds are the worst....I am concentrating on 160 for now - then maintaining - then re-evaluating....I find that I am not willing to cut back on my food anymore and also I don't want to get obsessive about measuring etc. I want to live and eat as close to real life as possible. I will never count out exactly 28 nuts for one serving....I want my new habits to fit within my life so I can continue them for life if that makes sense. I've lost a million times before ....just never maintained.....success this week in another part of my life....after one and a half years my husband talked about his own goal today....he may even try a modified Atkins!!!! I am truly excited for him and have promised myself not to overwhelm him because that just won't work.....best wishes for an on-plan minute, hour, day, week...you get the idea!'
  • CarlyIrene415
    CarlyIrene415 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm on day 3 of induction and haven't gotten on the scale yet but know that I have about 20 pounds to lose. I had been maintaining a healthy weight for years but 2 years ago I met the love of my life and packed on 25 pounds. I'd really like to shake them off by the 4th of July and but I understand that's a lot to ask of myself.
  • JaimeLaRae
    JaimeLaRae Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm getting back on the wagon too! I lost 11 pounds in January, took a new job March 1 & gained back 6. I went completely overboard on fast food & sweets (I don't even really like sweets???). I would love to loose 9.4 pounds by month's end to put me at 150, which I haven't seen for several years now.
  • christineellis
    Options
    I decided to do a Fat Fast this week - we'll see how it goes. Need to up my water intake as well! My son's birthday is today, so celebrating tonight and having company tomorrow night, then Mother's Day on Sunday. Getting through one day at a time!
  • timwhoa
    Options
    Fat fasting is wicked fun!! for me fat fasting is a real test, for some reason when I fat fast I think about food all the time, when can I have my next 200 call fat bomb , lol, but I have never seen anything on earth that can burn weight off of a person faster than the fat fast, the longest I have been able to do it for was 3 days at a time, I often shoot for 5 days but I always buzz off after 3 days, I will tell you this, everytime I fat fast I lose at least 10 pounds in that 3 days, its crazy how effective it is, if your ever on a platue or stall, you are gauranteed to bump right off of that stall with the fat fast,,
    just remember to be in ketosis before you start, for instance make sure your on induction for 3 days before you start the fat fast,, or it wont work right for you, why? because if your not in ketosis, you will spend that first 3 days gettting into fat burning mode before you start burning fat to begin with,, so why torture yourself doing the fat fast just to get into ketosis in the first place, so, make sure your already low carbing/ keto/ or induction level.
    On Carb Creep,, gosh I have been there before, I start yearning for something more fun to eat on low carb runs of a month or more, and next thing you know, I have peanuts, and walnuts and almonds at my disposal, or I have that store bought low carb ice cream, and in the right amounts those foods can be ok, but guess what i do, i start going over board, " A little more cant hurt can it"? then the food mind games begin, some people ask why I do old school atkins, I guess for my own safety and my own good, it prevents carb creep because on old induction those foods arnt allowed,, I think atkins allowed macadamia nuts, I wish they werent so expensive!!,, they cost more than NY Steak!
    any ways, long way to go still this month, i am off of my 1 week eggs and bacon that went well, I may just do a fat fast with you, sometimes when I fat fast all I eat is butter,, crazy right,, lol, you try eating 2 tablespoons of butter 5 times a day!! lol, its not easy
    you are all an inspiration to me
  • christineellis
    Options
    Thanks Tim for the reminers of being in Keto. Not sure that I was or am, I will check when I get home tonight... if not, I will give it another day or 2 with very low carb then try again. That is what this is all about, try, try again and eventually we will get it right!

i don't think I could eat butter all day. I mix it up with coconut oil, heavy cream, butter, etc. In many different combinations. Also going to look a the Fat Fast book you posted elsewhere and try to get some more appetizing ideas. :happy:
  • timwhoa
    Options
    I can get pretty boring with my eating, some how I think using some of the recipies in the fat fast book may shake it up a bit, maybe make it more fun, let me know when your going to fat fast, I will join in, and maybe others here too
  • LuluNH
    Options
    Still hanging out at 169 - I was hoping to see 168...so hopefully soon!! Best wishes for an on-plan day!!
  • abbyolurin1
    abbyolurin1 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    1 pound lost...:wink: going to get stricter this week
  • LuizH
    LuizH Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    2 pounds lost so far in May :-). I've got 5 more to go, but this week is going to be my worst week of the month for business travel / hotel food. I'm also not going to be able to get to do much in the way of exercise this week, so my weigh-in this weekend will be depressing.

I may try a fat fast for 4 or 5 days starting on Friday, because I forsee the travel causing a bit of a stall in my weight loss.
  • christineellis
    Options
    Monday check in - had a nice weekend, but no real weightloss this last week (or for the month of May yet for that matter!!!). 19 more days in May, so plenty of time to regroup! Have a good week everyone!
  • LuluNH
    Options
    Just checking in...I've exercised for 18 days in a row and I'm on day 3 of 3 for not weighing...a personal challenge because I focus on the scale too much...I focused on my menu the past 3 days and I am really happy with that. Going to weigh tomorrow and then try to weigh every Friday if I can...no promises there as the scale is a siren calling my name some times!! HA! Best wishes for an on-plan day!!