April Exercise Challenge (read first post)

Options
123457»

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    HEY LADIES!!! Sorry I have been M.I.A. for the last little while, sometimes life gets so insane!! On a good note, my hand is better, I even went to the gym today and did weights.....I see my DR again Thursday, but it feels 100% so I went for it!

Sadie - I am in Ontario, are you? Good luck with your uncle!

Star - glad you were not offended, I didn't think you would have been when I posted it, but then I got worried when it seemed you avoided it, lol....I love Russel Peters too, he is so great....I love the Jamaican jokes he does, right on the money! LOL
    How awesome that you are dating someone that not only encourages you to work out, but does it with you! Jackpot!

Skittles - I cannot believe you are walking at a 4.0....you are a rockstar! I sadly, had a hard time going 2.0 today and had to slow down to 1.8 most of the 30 minutes I was walking.....I am mad at myself that I got so out of shape that 2.0 makes me breath hard. I am trying to have faith that it will get better, but it really does not feel that way now.....
    I hope your mouth is feeling better! Dental work is no fun :ohwell:

Isn't 30DS crazy hard? I am scared to even look at that!! I wish I was feeling more hopeful after today's walk, but I am really sad that I am that out of shape.

When I was younger, even though I was heavy, I was always in pretty good cardio shape. I would go out dancing every weekend, and I mean, I would DANCE the entire night, like 4-5 straight hours....I would go swimming every week, spend 30 minutes on the elliptical, run up the stairs no problem......and now I can barely walk up one flight slowly or walk 20 minutes to work or the store without being in a bit of pain. I do plan to spend a lot of my summer at the outside public pool if the weather works with me....esp this year since my kids are old enough that I am no longer their main source of entertainment. I just need to know that it gets better and that it doesn't take five years to do so! :frown:
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Unknown it will get better, it takes time and for my self I just couldn't wait but I had to. I started at 2.0 and only was able to do maybe 15 min and as time went on I feel my lungs got stronger and my legs did as well. There are still days when my legs hurt and I can't do as much. but remember it took me almost 4 months to get to this. also the 30DS when I first started I had to change a lot of it to be able to do it. now I'm able to do the jumping jacks, because I had to just raise my arms up and kick out one leg at a time. it still is hard but mostly because I have huge breast lol. I'm going to knock my self out one day with them haha. also my teeth don't hurt just my mouth where the shot was is still a bit sore but I'm ok which I'm happy about. last time I had work done I was in pain for almost 2 weeks so this is a nice change haha

today I have 30DS, walking and zumba. I got to 20k in steps and was at 6th place but over night people passed me and I am back in 13th place lol its hard keeping up but it keeps me stay force and helps me to keep going.
  • Zombieinkpot
    Zombieinkpot Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    @Skittles - you are rocking it! I'm glad your mouth isn't too sore this time.

@Unknown - That's great your hand is all better and you could do weights at the gym! :drinker:

Star and Sadie, how is your week going?

I must be working hard this week because I can really feel it in my abdominal muscles! 30DS for me today, as well as strength training and running my dog.

I've walked 10,000 steps everyday for the last five days. I am so happy! I never thought I'd get to 10,000. In January I thought I walked an average of 5000 steps a day, going by runtastic pedometer app, but then I got my fitbit and it counted much less steps and it took me ages to get to 5000. I was aiming for 6000 a day in April, but in the last while I've been able to push for 10,000. It is so cool!
  • SadieRose07
    SadieRose07 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Zombie, 10k steps is amazing! I think I've only ever reached that once. yay!!!

Skittles, I know I tell you this often, but you're rocking girl! So glad you didn't have too much pain with your crown. So now that's done, right?!

Star, you must be busy with your new man! *wink*

Unknown, glad your hand is feeling better. It does get easier. One step at a time and before you know it it's easy and you have to change it up! Yes, I'm in Ontario.

thanks everyone for the kind words for my uncle. Things are not looking good. I hope I get to see him before he passes away. I mean I hope he doesn't pass away...but..hopefully you know what I mean.

Things are same old same old around here. I did the 30DS the other day and I can't remember who said it but OMG it was hard since I haven't done it in awhile. LOL

have a great day everyone!
  • starchile
    starchile Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hey All!!!

It's been a WHIRLWIND last few days!!! And LOL!!! He is not my "Man" ya'll!!!!! hHhahahah...just have gone out on a couple of dates...nothing serious!!! But I have AGREED that I will basically "submit" to him in the gym 2-3 days/week. He is VERY strict and insists that there is NO CRYING IN THE HOUSE OF PAIN (as he calls the gym). lol. Sooooo...I'm HORRIFIED but we will see what happens. AT THE VERY LEAST I will learn how to use the machines that I'm so intimidated by! I always feel like such a DORK when I try to use them cuz I never know how to adjust them for me or what weights to use....and in the meantime there's always some buffed guy looking at me like "GET OUT OF HERE LOSER!!!" LOL.

I've been doing "Ok"...I'll be glad when these cookies are gone at work tho!!!

This weekend I'm going WHITEWATER RAFTING for the first time!!! WE HAVE TO WEAR A WETSUIT!!! I'm like do they even have my size?????? YIKES!!! BUT I'm looking forward to the event...it's also a camping trip and I know absolutely NO ONE. It's through a meetup group in my area. Part of my goal is just to get out and meet people and have fun...and then hopefully meet my future husband! LOL.

@zombie: YYYYYAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!! Congratulations girly!!! That is WAYYY AWESOME!!! You are gettin' it in!!!

@Sadie: I'm sorry to hear about your uncle not doing well. :( Does he live far away from you?

@skittles: OMG! I'm afraid to even try 30DS right now! So funny but it's true, right?: USE IT OR LOSE IT!!!

@unknown: 30DS is not easy but also it is manageable with some modifications. A few of us started in like February or march...Skittles, Sadie, myself...and we each started BARELY being able to get through the workout without serious modifications. For example I jogged in place instead of doing the jumping jacks or there were parts that called for handweights and I didn't use them or when we had to do pushups I had to do the "pregnant lady" version! LOL. BUT by the end of a month or maybe two...we each had made SIGNIFICANT gains in what we were able to do!!!! Believe it or not, your body responds SUPER FAST when you are doing something 3 or more times a week! By the end I was able to do the whole workout tape. STILL with modifications here and there....it wasn't perfect but DEFINITELY 100% better! You should give it a try! No pressure...just do what you can do and leave it at that. Level 1 is free on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    @Sadie - Thank you. :flowerforyou: I hope you get to see your uncle soon. Hugs.

@Star - Thank you :flowerforyou: Wow, you have been busy! That's great you are learning how to use the machines at the gym. It sounds like he is like having a personal trainer! :laugh: Have fun camping and going whitewater rafting. I'm sure you'll have a great time and it sounds like a great way to meet people.

I am still modifying the cardio in the 30ds. I don't want to do high impact stuff, but I keep up with the girls and I don't rest. I'm also pleased that I'm now using 5lbs for the strength exercises!
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    I just been so out of things the last few days, I think its because its that time of the month and just feeling lazy and cramps,but today i am leaving in a few mins to head to my one class. I may go walk after my gym class and I need to do 30DS I told my self I won't do it thurs because this class is so high impact but I am getting back into it tomorrow.

But everyone is doing amazing. keep it up. it keeps me coming back. off to sweat my butt off lol
  • SadieRose07
    SadieRose07 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Morning!

Star, you are a workout machine, I doubt anyone is looking at you like a loser and if they are then they're actually the loser! :-) The getting to know you phase is so much fun, isn't it? He's in my home town, one province over. It's a 6 hour drive. Not too bad. :)

Zombie, that's so fantastic! The 30ds is so hard and you're conquering it! Tks for the hugs.

Skittle, TOM really takes me out some times too. You're still rocking your workouts though, not allowing it to be an excuse (like I would! LOL).

so busy day getting some work things sorted out, then off on my drive. I'm hoping to be able to log-in tomorrow...I don't want to lose my days. :S

Have a great day and weekend, in case I can't check in.
  • starchile
    Options
    Hey Ladies!!

SOOOOOOO...sorry I've been MIA!!! Thank you so much Skittles for checking in on me!!! BUT this past weekend was my camping/whitewater rafting trip!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUUUUUUUUUUCCCCHHHHHHHHH FUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!! Man, I can't even BEGIN to tell you all the amazing/fun/funny things that happened!!!! But just think of it as a CAMP EXPERIENCE FOR ADULTS!!!! There was a campfire show...happy hour....white water rafting...LOTS of great food...Lots of ALCOHOL! (although I didn't drink much...I had like 2 shots of sake one time and that was a wrap! LOL). Anyway, there was no cell phone service so I couldn't log my food or check in. But I did NOT do very bad at all!!! I ate mostly meat and salad and had probably a couple of tablespoons of any carb that was served (to the point where the servers were laughing at me! LOL). Didn't have much sweets...about a half cup of ice cream with toppings. When you take the amount of EXERCISE (hiking/whitewater rafting down a 10 mile river/setting up camp, etc.) that I got in I'm sure there was a deficit!!

Anyway, things are well. Still hanging out with the new guy. He SWEARS he's going to take me back to Puerto Rico with him..."When we get home..." hahahah...OK...when *WE* get *HOME*...LOL. Very cute.

Here are some pix from the trip! (I'm generally in the back right if you are facing the boat....wearing the braids and shades)

1557640_10152200710848462_2867842805585559398_n.jpg
    1509727_10152200712073462_6364233171151216780_n.jpg
    10313517_10152200711578462_7786947127182003735_n.jpg
    10246612_10152200709293462_6224400009133776407_n.jpg
    10271570_10152200709528462_6110065946933169040_n.jpg
    10277453_10152200709943462_63189648578702265_n.jpg?oh=ab8e1bc7a77f038873239254780df079&oe=53D58345
    10325778_10152200710308462_4287633198226009788_n.jpg
    10330328_10152200709248462_708188679639503585_n.jpg
    10325797_10152200711658462_6845318915297358898_n.jpg
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    LOVE the pics Star! Sounds like a great fun weekend.
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    I 2nd with zombie, the photos are great and it looks like you guys had a blast. I always wanted to go white water rafting. and you look amazing.
  • starchile
    Options
    Thanks Ladies!!

Soooo, how's everyone doing?????

Sadie: How's your uncle? Have you had a chance to visit with him? Also, how are you doing with your exercise and eating??

Skittles: I TOTALLY understand not wanting to work out during TOM...all I ever want to do is nap during that time! LOL. For some reason I get EXHAUSTED. I'm severely anemic anyway sooo.... But how are things?

Zombie: Thanks!! How are things going with you??

Unknown: Where are you Lady??!!

SOOOOoooooo...I GUESS I'm going to start doing two hour workouts at 7am with the guy. I'm not sure how I feel about that. But we'll see how long that lasts. I HAVE been totally slacking on my exercise though and he gave me some "tough love" today about it. Hmmmmmmmm....like I said....WE SHALL SEE!!!

***BTW! NOTICE that I took off my jacket in the second set of pix!! IT WAS A MAJOR MILESTONE that I was willing to show my fat arms in public!!! I REALLY JUST DIDN"T CARE!! WOOT WOOT!!! Hurray for growth!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Star, I am in the May thread, come on over, lol