Weekly check in?

Options

Replies

• ker95texas
    ker95texas Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Hi Wanda & Ronna! Nice to meet you and Great check-ins!!!

The Carribean, huh? color me jealous.................. :huh:
  • missyfit13
    missyfit13 Posts: 21
    Options
    Hello everyone,

My name is Pat and I am new to MFP. My buddy Claudine and I moved over here from another diet website. I find posting my meals and exercise a lot easier. Marjie, thank you for creating this topic. I've thought about it all week. Sad to say that I did not do well this week. I stumbled eating white chocolate that my hubby brought home.

I am addicted to sweets and I do better when all the good fruit is in season, satisfying my sweet tooth. Anyway, I think I lost just a little, but am still motivated. I will try to exercise more this week, and eat better.

Hello to everyone. I live in Northern California in the Sacramento area.
    Goals for this week are: keep trying to get 10,000 steps or more 6 days a week.
    Eat better choices.
    Go to bed a bit earlier - I'm not getting enough sleep.

Pat
  • shaplebound
    shaplebound Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi!! My name is Mary Ann, I live in a small town north of Lincoln, Nebr. I own a small restaurant, which in it's self keeps me plenty active every day, I joined MFP Febr. 2013, because I wanted to lose weight, I have lost a daughter in law to a massive heartache 3 years ago at the age of 39, and a very heavy person, It was a wake up call for me, as my parents were both heavy, mom with heart issues, borderline diabetic, has passed away, and my father passed away of bone and lung cancer, believe me we have it all in our history!!!!

When I first joined MFP I weighed 234.4 lbs, I currently weigh 152.0, so a loss of around 80 lbs, I have to give all my friends on MFP credit for my great accomplishment, It was so easy to lose the weight, I kept changing my goal weight to lose more, I feel fantastic, It makes getting around so much easier, and believe me THE BEST OF ALL I started with wearing a women's 22 pants and a 2 or 3 X tops, And now I mostly wear a size misses 10 pant and a med.-large tops, It' so much fun to shop for clothes now, I walk by the plus size section, and say to my self, YEAH!! I USED TO SHOP HERE!!!! It's such a great feeling... I would like to get back into a smooth routine and lose a little more, to try to get to 135 lbs...

An UPSIDE of ALL!!! I lost my weight and my son has remarried, which is great, my grandson age 14 and a granddaughter 4, Now have a new MOMMY, I'm so happy for him and the family...

I've not done much as far as weight loss since Dec, I Just need to get back to the routine...

This is a great idea of checking in once a week on wed, Thank you for starting it...
  • marca_june
    marca_june Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I would really like to join in with the group! I think it is a great idea. Thank you for getting it started! It is a challenge and help one to be accountable in our weight loss journey! I am proud of being a part of this group. So with that, everyone have a great day tomorrow! See everyone this coming Wednesday evening, for me it will be around 7:00 or 7:30 o'clock after church.
  • hayleyandpaigesgrandma
    Options
    Sorry I missed checking in last night. I lost only a half pound at my weigh in on Monday. I am trying hard to do better tnis week. Best wishes to everyone.
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    ( talking in brackets as it is Thursday lol......

Can't work out how I missed this! Will try to be here next Wednesday ... and fab to read all your check-ins!)

Jean:ohwell:
  • Claud1313
    Claud1313 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Reading everyone's posts has been so encouraging. This once a week check-in is a wonderful idea. It's incredible how fast the week went. I think the Wednesday sharing is so helpful to stay on track with our goals.
    Started my 2nd week on MFP and want to thank all of you who have befriended me this past week.
    Happy Trails,
    Claudine
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

So good seeing some new faces and some familiar ones. You all have great goals. I have read each post and was going to try and comment on everyone, but whew that would take some work. Hmm wonder if I would burn calories while doing so?

Here's to a productive week ahead for us all. See ya next Wed and Thurs after all have checked in.
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!
    It is great to meet all of our new ladies!! Thank you for telling us about YOU!!

I procrastinated last night then did not get my posting done :sad:

I had an up and down week as I was still dealing with the 2 lbs. from last week - but as of yesterday they did not show on my scales. I hope that number is gone forever!!

I am trying to get to at least 6000 steps/ day - will be slowly working up to at least 10,000. But - I was up and down with that also this past week.

I will do better this week and I started strong yesterday!!

I hope everyone is having great success meeting goals!

Talk next Wednesday!:smile:
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite California girl.

I'm Linda 65 years young. Have some health problems but that's another story.
    For now i'll concentrate on my weight. Wed. is a great day for me. It's my tops night.
    Last night I was tops best loser with a loss of 4.1 so now it's onward. 1 lb will see me under 200.
    So that will happen next week.
    See you all next wed.

See you all lighter
    Linda in Northern Ontario.
  • kevinwalk69
    kevinwalk69 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi,Im kevin and Im new here. Already met two friends and one invited me too join the group.I would like to do a wed get together. I need all the help I can get. Please let me know if we are doing this and what time. And nice to meet all of you. Kevin
  • ker95texas
    ker95texas Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    It is SO nice seeing all these new faces - let me add my welcome! Everyone is doing so well (and don't you DARE argue with that Ms. Marian).

@Kevin - any time on Wednesday works per our fearless leader CaliforniaGirl (Marjie) since we have group members from all over - and with THIS group if they're not FROM all over they're in the middle of travelling to or from there :laugh:

(not going back to fix that run-on sentence because you'll figger it out I'm sure) :huh:
    -ker
  • LinCharpentier
    Options
    Not Wed. but wishing you all luck on weekend. I know I need it then my worst time.
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I'd like to add my welcome to all the new faces, too; and it is so good to see some of the old friends staying on this journey. Personally, I think we're all do great and with all the enthusiasm and dedication we will reach our goals.

"See" you all next week.:flowerforyou:
  • alexandriabenson
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'm Alexandria, I'm 66 years old and I just joined MFP on Tuesday. I would really like to join the discussion on Wednesday because I think I may do better if I have to be accountable:embarassed: . I did a lot of gardening and yard work yesterday including hauling and spreading bags of mulch and I was very disappointed to see that the scales did not budge this morning, however, I reviewed my food diary & realized that I consumed way too much sodium so I am working on that today. Tomorrow my be a bit off because my son is taking me out for lunch to celebrate Mother's Day. Good luck to everyone and Happy Mothers' Day to all the moms! :flowerforyou:
  • jeanmrob
    Options
    Hi Alexandria...nice to meet you...always love it when new people join us .....

Happy Mother's Day to all the USA Moms .... UK Mum's Day was back in March .... my son arranged for flowers to be delivered to me....instead they were delivered to HIM! He got his money back and sent me a photo of his girlfriend holding my lovely lilies and roses.....I am still waiting for my flowers lol :flowerforyou:

Jean
  • LinCharpentier
    Options
    Hello this place. Hope everyone is having a great Mother's Day.

And let's all have a loss come Wed.
  • retiredholly54
    retiredholly54 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hello my fellow 60's and over - My name is Holly and I just joined MFP last Monday. This group was recommended to me by alexandriabenson - thank you. I will not officially be 60 until May 28th but I know this is the Group for me. Love that we will check in each weekly - helps with accountability and support.
    I'm from Atlantic Canada and have retired (took a bridge) a year ago and have not left my couch much since then. Really having difficulty getting myself moving, so I'm hoping this site and group is the motivation I need to get moving.

Will check back with everyone on Wednesday

Holly
  • jeanmrob
    Options
    Hi Holly...get off that couch..you know you want to...x:flowerforyou:

Jean
  • NCbeachgirl27006
    Options
    Good morning. I just finished reading this discussion - and I love it. I joined the site over the weekend & like everyone else - I need all the help I can get. MFP is a great motivator for me. The success stories are fabulous. I need to take off 30 lbs and it is a real struggle. I think with the site and this group I will be helped tremendously. Thanks in advance and I hope to be an inspiration to others. Best of luck - talk with you Wednesday.