Week 1

Options
sayray16
sayray16 Posts: 62 Member
Alrighty, so here are my results for this week. I started walking a 5K on Monday, April 28th 2014. I weighed in at 182. I have done this everyday for a week, with the exception of Saturday which was my rest and recover day. Towards the last two days of this week I have gotten myself to walk/run on the treadmill. My time on the treadmill is slowly coming down. I started out with about 50 minutes to walk the whole 5K. Now I'm at about 45. I'm still working on bringing my time down. My weigh in today is 179.4 and I have dropped 2.6 pounds this week. I also burn an average of about 280 calories per workout (walking brisk pace). I'll continue this challenge and post my results for week 2. I hope it's working for everyone else as well!

Replies

• AbenaPortia
    AbenaPortia Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!!! Good job :-)
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Alrighty, so here are my results for this week. I started walking a 5K on Monday, April 28th 2014. I weighed in at 182. I have done this everyday for a week, with the exception of Saturday which was my rest and recover day. Towards the last two days of this week I have gotten myself to walk/run on the treadmill. My time on the treadmill is slowly coming down. I started out with about 50 minutes to walk the whole 5K. Now I'm at about 45. I'm still working on bringing my time down. My weigh in today is 179.4 and I have dropped 2.6 pounds this week. I also burn an average of about 280 calories per workout (walking brisk pace). I'll continue this challenge and post my results for week 2. I hope it's working for everyone else as well!

That is really good, congratulations.

I have started walking this week along with 30 minutes of upper or lower body afterwards. I need to take control of my food intake, as both go hand in hand.
  • Rilaid01
    Rilaid01 Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm in, just joined. I also log my workouts on Strava, so if anyone wants to follow me, feel free. James Connell in Shakopee, MN. I'll also see if I can figure out how to make my diet diary public so you can follow me there too. Looking to hit a goal of 205, currently at 255. I've run a marathon in the past and do triathlons for fun when I get the time and urge. Need to make time to get this to happen now... Appreciate the group, thanks Sayray16.
  • shuki_cotren
    shuki_cotren Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    My week 1 started yesterday, May 7. I walked 5k yesterday.
    Today my goal is to walk 1.5 mi and run 1.5 mi.
  • socajam
    Options
    My week 1 started yesterday, May 7. I walked 5k yesterday.
    Today my goal is to walk 1.5 mi and run 1.5 mi.

Hopefully by end May I will be able to join you in running
  • shuki_cotren
    shuki_cotren Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I ran 1 mile today, and walked the remainder of the 5k. My time for 1 mile was 10:25. I jogged slowly, and did not have to stop to walk. I was very ready for the mile to end, though! I'm proud of myself. This is the first time in my adult life that I have ran a mile without stopping to walk. Yay!
  • Rilaid01
    Rilaid01 Posts: 6
    Options
    Well done. That first mile is always the hardest. Nutrition is going well again today, heavy thunder / rain this AM so didn't get planned run in. Will try to fit it in after work and family time. Take care all...
  • socajam
    Options
    Walking - 14,700 Steps - 6.92 Miles - 552 Calories
  • sayray16
    Options
    I just wanted to say that I am very happy with everyone who has been willing to try this. I love reading about everyone's experiences and being able to tell of my own progress. I am in the middle of week two right now and will most likely post my results on Monday. I hope that everyone who is training for a 5K (or more) is seeing the results that I am seeing. It has been difficult in the beginning because I have never considered myself a runner. However, I am happy to say that today was my first day in running the entire 5K. And, believe it when I say, it does get easier! Stay strong everyone and run happy!
  • socajam
    Options
    Walking - 13,672 Steps - 6.51 Miles - 551 Calories
  • Luv2h1k3
    Luv2h1k3 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Guess I'm a little behind...will start my week tomorrow. I've been wanting to start C25K and this group gives a great reason to stop putting it off!
  • sayray16
    Options
    Hi Kim69194, I'm glad you think so! Everyone starts at their own pace and own time. Don't worry about being "late". You have decided to make a change, which means you are right on time! :smile:
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Excited to have this group! I just started running and am ready to start week 4 of couch to 5K. I'm not following it religiously, some days I don't use it, other times I might do it a few days in a row or repeat a previous week. BUT, having done a 5K in just under 40 today, I can certainly do one every day, walking or jogging. My walk is almost as fast as my jog anyway, lol.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    ok if we can walk then i can do this. i'm workingup to running with couch 2 k so i was worried y'all were running.
  • sayray16
    Options
    ok if we can walk then i can do this. i'm workingup to running with couch 2 k so i was worried y'all were running.

HI! We are doing whatever we can. You set your own standards. The point really is just to get yourself out there and start moving. :bigsmile: Personally, I have been walking/running a 5K every day with one day of rest during the week. So you do what you can and if you ever feel like you need some motivation, come talk to us. Everyone here is very supportive.
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the invite. I walked almost a 5k this evening before starting on this group.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

HI! We are doing whatever we can. You set your own standards. The point really is just to get yourself out there and start moving. :bigsmile: Personally, I have been walking/running a 5K every day with one day of rest during the week. So you do what you can and if you ever feel like you need some motivation, come talk to us. Everyone here is very supportive.

since last week right? this is your week 2?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Thank you for the invite. I walked almost a 5k this evening before starting on this group.

how do you know that? i only know how LONG in time I walk, not the distance in K's?
  • sayray16
    Options
    Yep Yep, I started on Monday, April 28th. Tomorrow will be the last day of my week 2. I will post my week two results when it's over. Also, I know my distance because so far, I have only been running on a treadmill. I think the pedometer's tell you what your distance is for those running outdoors, but truthfully I have never owned one so I am not entirely certain about that.
  • sayray16
    Options

You are very welcome! I'm very happy to hear that. Keep it up!