Has anyone gotten started on The Body Fat Breakthrough?

Options
haleyc717
haleyc717 Posts: 20 Member
Come join the group!

Replies

• kyedo
    kyedo Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Just got the book today, so still reading about the diet and "fat bombs".
    I should be able to get the book completed and up on the diet by the beginning of next week.
    Have you been following the diet for very long?

I did try the negative training exercises today, and found them very challenging and can see that as being a very interesting approach to weight training.
  • haleyc717
    Options
    I got the book last week and have been following the diet guidelines since then. I'm not necessarily doing the exact meal that he suggests, but still doing the reduced calories and following the 50% complex carbs, 25% protein, 25% fat. I've also been trying to walk after dinner, as well as drinking a gallon of ice water a day! So far I'm really happy with it!
  • Idealisting2014
    Options
    Thanks for the invite! I just got the book on my kindle and will read it when I break for lunch at work. Sounds very interesting.
  • haleyc717
    Options
    That's fantastic! I just weighed myself today, having been doing the program for only one week, and I'm 4lbs down!!
  • BubblyBelinda
    BubblyBelinda Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I got the book a couple weeks ago and started the workouts last Friday. The first workout I don't think I challenged myself sufficiently,(the weights were not high enough,) but since the 2nd workout on Tuesday, (I upped all the weights 5-30 lbs depending on the exercise I was doing) I've been feeling what is described in the book, mainly more hunger and more tired. I used a foam roller to help with the sore muscles, I didn't do a cold plunge, but I did hang out with a U-shaped cold pack for 30 minutes and took a cold shower (hated that shower!!) I also struggle with getting 8-9 hours of sleep, I typically only get 6 a day during the week and then catch up on the weekend. I've been trying to increase it and I'm doing about 7 a night average.

After one week, I'm up 1 lb., but I think because I really didn't do the first workout correctly, and because until this week, I'd been eating at 1000-1100 calories, so I'm going up to 1400. I'll consider the first day as Tuesday 5/6 and will weigh in then.

Thanks for starting the group! I've been looking for a place to share and ask questions about this program. I feel strongly that is great, I've done so much research and Dr. Darden has it right!
  • reizen
    Options
    Hi,
    Day 3 for me - trying to follow as closely as I can. Significantly low calories for me though!
  • adantzler01
    adantzler01 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Starting tomorrow. I am also training for a half marathon, will that negatively impact my results?
  • acarr214
    acarr214 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Into my first week. I have to say that the increased carbs are definitely giving me more energy. :)
  • DovileJuo
    DovileJuo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey guys :)

I bought the book yesterday and I got to say that this looks too good to be true (well, except for the 1400 kcal). I sure hope it works, since I have70lb to loose (gosh that's a lot! I did the math just now and I cannot believe this...).
    I am planning to start the program in 2 weeks, so I'll get back here then.

Cheers!
  • bbinoa
    bbinoa Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    @acarr214 how was your first week???
    @dovieljuo good luck!!
  • loveabulldesign
    loveabulldesign Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    So, I've been poking around here and it doesn't seem like there's regular reporting from people doing the BFB, but I thought I'd check in, anyway. So, I exercise at least 6 days a week, between horseback riding, rock climbing, the gym and various fitness challenges (lately) but I am not seeing the results I want. I lost 20lbs in the past year and then plateaued--hard. I started incorporating weight training two months ago to try and boost results, but I simply can't lose the last 10lbs. I kept getting an email from Women's Health nagging me about this book, so with 10 days left before the beach, and a little more squishyness left than I'd like, I figured, what the heck? It does seem too good to be true, and after doing the first set of exercises, and swapping out the chair chinup for the more advanced negative-only chinup since I climb and have more hanging strength, I can say that some of the exercises seemed somewhat difficult, but overall, I didn't find it hard to do 30 seconds immediately. I started moderate with the weights to get a feel for it, but will likely up them for Thursday's workout.

For people who did this and stuck with it--what kind of results can you really see in the first week? I'd like to believe this will work, but it just seemed a little too easy. I eat very clean/healthy, with enough calories, but not too many, plenty of good fats, etc, and do have a high level of base fitness--but I can't escape this persistent layer of fat over it all, and that is what I'm trying to get rid of.

Did anyone incorporate a plank/squat challenge with this? I've been doing both for the past two weeks and I don't want to throw them away if I don't have to. I guess I don't have enough faith that BFB will be enough on its own.