Replies

• RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    My real name means "The Raven Haired" or "Raven Haired Woman". :laugh:
  • DrWhoodles
    DrWhoodles Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Mine is a mash-up of Doctor Who and Doodles - DrWhoodles. I was working on some doodle drawings related to Doctor Who when I used that name the first time.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    My favorite ride in Disneyworld is Pirates of the Caribbean. Pirate woman, pirate lady, all sounded silly to me. I didn't want o pirate girl because I am a grown woman. I refuse to refer to myself as a B or a wench. so I went with chick.
  • Kadoober
    Kadoober Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I met my fiance on Facebook. We messaged back and forth for some time before talking on the phone.
    I realized that I was unsure of how to pronounce his name, Rainer. Rye-nuhr, or Ray-nuhr? He spelled his full name for me phonetically, then asked me how to pronounce mine.
    My actual name is Rachael, which has one pronunciation, so to be silly I said
    'Rah-QWELL Kah-DOO-ber'

So now he calls me Kadoober.

Also, Kadoober McSassmouth.

LOL.
  • LeahNMe
    LeahNMe Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Me and my sweetie! Leah N Me
    That's us in the center of my profile pic. No not the woman, she's my ex-wife. The guy on the right ;0)
  • FoodieMotion
    FoodieMotion Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I did a bit of a play on words....

Foodie - Someone massively into food.
    Motion - as in exercise.

(food emotion - the feeling I get all too often when I get stressed/bored/upset and reach for all the food)
  • TheDoctorDonna10
    Options
    I just really like the mashup of their personalities when she's DoctorDonna & I love David Tennant as the Doctor
  • seismicmuffin
    seismicmuffin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    "S'cuse me while I kiss the sky" -- Jimi Hendrix song Purple Haze. :)
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    It's my nickname from my childhood.
  • cmglass10
    cmglass10 Posts: 31
    Options
    My initials and last name, and the year I got married.
  • AtomicOvary
    AtomicOvary Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Was in the ER for what I thought was an exploding appendix. Turns out I had a giant ovarian cyst. My friend started calling me Atomic Ovary.
  • cosmiqrust
    cosmiqrust Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    transformers. :wink:
  • greypilgrimess
    greypilgrimess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Gandalf! But I'm a girl. It's been my screen name on many sites for about a decade.
  • timetravelforfitness
    timetravelforfitness Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Gandalf! But I'm a girl. It's been my screen name on many sites for about a decade.

Love oh so very much!
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    • "Raul" was my assigned name is middle school Spanish class.
    • Prefaced with "Cool" a year later because school computer system required 8-letter login name
    • "07" suffix was AOL's doing back in 1993.
    Been using it for 21 years now..
  • AeiriMuse
    AeiriMuse Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Originally, when I joined in 2011, my username was NonaSilverStar which is the name of a character for the book series I'm writing. I now go by AeiriMuse because Aeiri is the name I gave a species I've been working to create for years now for my series and I have adopted the nickname Muse because 1. too many people were confusing Nona to be my persona when she isn't and 2. I'm an idea machine creative-wise--but usually more towards other people. My friends went through the Art Institute and would sit there tapping pencils trying to figure out what to do for their assignments and after learning the requirements, I would just fire out idea after idea.

I do this everyday and for many different things from cooking recipe tweaks to event planning.