level one - day one

Options
Claire594
Claire594 Posts: 357 Member
Post when you've completed the first day of level one. I just watched it to remind myself what its like and I'm scared lol. I suddenly remember that about two days in its agony walking up and down stairs. Good luck everyone. Let Jillian do her worst :)

Replies

• Claire594
    Options
    Phew!!!! First day done :)

I found it really hard. I had to modify the jump rope move to jogging on the spot and I had the strong hand weights (4.5kg is just too heavy for me) but feel accomplished that its done and all before 6am :) good luck everyone else!
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I'm done too! I'd tried a week of level one once before 20 lbs ago but I had to take a break every 10 mins or so then. This time around, I didn't take breaks, and apart from the push ups, I did the advanced level. :drinker:

And good for you, Claire! I wish I had the determination to start my day that early! Haha.
  • Claire594
    Options
    Hubbie got up at half four to go to the gym and accidentally woke the baby, so once i got her back to sleep I thought why not just do it now and get it over with.
  • LaraineET25
    LaraineET25 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Day 1 complete!. Found it tough, lunges and squats make me feel nauseous!! Hopefully that'll pass soon. Actually did level 1 last thurs for the first time and today was the first day I could manage the stairs so hoping I won't be as bad after today's workout :-)
  • hopperem
    hopperem Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Day 1 done. I really, really hate lunges and jump rope! My weights defeated me whenever I had to pull my arms up straight, so just used one to do those bits...hoping I don't ache too much tomorrow, but after all that squatting suspect I will!
  • jocop2003
    jocop2003 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    All done, wasn't going to do it but I am glad I did.
  • spgebhart
    spgebhart Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Level One Day One Complete! I'm really trying to do all the exercises on "Natalie power" but I'm still not up to a real push-up yet. And omg the side lunges with the shoulder raises during the last circuit wear me out. Oh my arms! ouch.
  • caityouth
    caityouth Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Day 1 Done I'm really excited tho I have never done a "program" before just fitness classes or zumba wii. It was the strength training that really got me, I can't believe how out of shape my arms are. What pound weights are you using? i only have 3lbs.
    But excited to give this a shot and have other people doing it with me!
  • megsterella
    megsterella Posts: 69
    Options
    DONE. Hallelujah. I am not looking forward to tomorrow, folks. Oh man, my arms. I can barely lift the spoon I'm eating dinner with. I think I need to buy 3 lbs dumbbells because the 5 lbs ones I'm using are going to make my arm fall off, lol.

My legs are weaker than I thought they'd be (I already knew my arms were weak, lol). And certain moves had my knees creaking. Heck, the knee rolls from the warm-up had 'em creaking! Another issue I had was my chest. All that jumping was doing my (very large) chest no favors, and I had on two bras. I'm surprised nothing flew off.

I had to modify quite a bit and I paused the video to take 5-10 sec breaks often, but I'm proud I completed it.

Good going, everyone!
  • Trackerfit2
    Trackerfit2 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Day one down thankfully and I've discovered push ups are not my friend! Stairs will be interesting in the morning ???? Well done everyone ????
  • 2muchchocncrisps
    2muchchocncrisps Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Done it - technically two minutes late and into Tuesday but I was putting it off then felt guilty and got on with it. Not as bad as I remembered although I must wear appropriate 'supportive' gear before attempting those jumping jacks and skipping moves! Now for a good long drink of water and to bed.
    Note to self - shred before 11:30 at night
  • 1crvygrl
    1crvygrl Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of level 1 done. I started this 2 weeks ago but only got in a couple of workouts. I noticed today I had more endurance and did a better job than I did the first time around, especially jumping jacks and jumping rope (I had to go and buy a more supportive sports bra after those first few workouts).
  • losemybigthighs
    Options
    I did it! I have a question though, how many calories does Level 1 burn?
  • spgebhart
    spgebhart Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I did it! I have a question though, how many calories does Level 1 burn?

That depends. I wear a heart rate monitor, I am 5'4" and 157 lbs and it said I burned 140 cals during level 1 today. Your mileage may vary depending on your weight and how hard you worked.