For today May 12th

Options
GrokRockStar
GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
It's been a little while since posting these, but they help me stay focused, so hopefully this helps you too.

“A straight path never leads anywhere except to the objective.” – Andre Gide

“For today: Thank God I have a path to follow that leads me to my objective: a life of sanity and usefulness to myself and others.”

This reading tells us that our happiness is just as a part of us and the unhappy parts, but we have to accept whatever life throws at us. If anyone else can relate, please chime in.

Replies

• blackthrux
    blackthrux Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    For me, this is much the same as the saying "the shortest distance between two points is a straight line". This reinforces that the quickest way to that life of sanity is to follow the path that has been laid in front of us. What I've found so far is that maintaining abstinence forces me to acknowledge, accept, and set aside the emotions that historical have caused me to run to food. This is not to say that I don't feel those emotions, as that is the acknowledgement and acceptance part. I'm now trying to not turn to food for comfort through the emotions that hurt, or celebration through the emotions of joy.