New here and wanted to say hello

Options
Hi! I just joined this team. I recently (a week ago) started a yoga practice. I am enjoying it so much, aside from the inevitable sore muscles from starting any exercise program. I've been using the free videos on practiceyogawithme.com, and really have enjoyed that so far. I've also considered joining a pay site like Gaiam or My Yoga Online sometime soon, though there is more than enough on the free sites to keep me engaged for now since my practices are short and pretty simple. I would eventually like to do a weekly class at a studio after I get into better shape. I took studio classes for about 6 months back in my 20s, and that was helpful back then, so hopefully in the near future I will find a good studio nearby. I am not very strong/coordinated right now, so I'm pretty much sticking to slower hatha beginner classes for now, and will possibly add some slow flow soon as well. I look forward to learning from all of you, and would love to hear about any particular beginner routines or DVDs, etc. that you find particularly helpful.

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Do you have 19 cats?

I'm sure any beginners class would be great. I would encourage you to go ahead and go to class. You'll make fewer mistakes and are more likely to keep up with it if you go to class.

Best of luck to you.
  • TriciannT
    TriciannT Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Awesome, I am kind of a lurker myself since I work retail. I love their way yoga makes my body feel however I stopped practicing at home and can't find a studio that makes me feel comfortable. I am using this month to document my goals and move forward by the start of June!
  • odonogc
    odonogc Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I'm home practitioner also. I use yogaglo.com
  • CrescentCityGirl
    CrescentCityGirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi!!!!

I'm new here too!! I am curious about intense yoga workouts???? I have a few videos at home that are challenging, but would like to have more variety. How much is yoga glo per month, do to have to do a year? Can you get workouts streamed to a regular tv???? I have a nice tv but it doesn't have wifi, so not sure how that would work??? My iPad could probably get the streaming but would likely be too small???
    Thanks
  • GibbsGirl13072
    GibbsGirl13072 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    There is a site called DoYogaWithMe.com that is free and has a ton of videos, and you can choose different styles and from easy to hard. I used it a few times and it looked like it could keep you busy for weeks, lol.