When in ketosis how much u lose a day

Options
caminoslo
caminoslo Posts: 239 Member
I've been very strict with my diet this week and I seem to be losing everyday. Before i wasn't as strict as now I'm paying attention to actual sugar itself. This seems to be helping and I'm even on my period.
Anyway my point is how much do you lose a day when in strict ketosis?
Conventional knowledge is scaring me cause they say lose one pound a week and I'm gonna lose 4 this week

Replies

• LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    disregard
  • caminoslo
    caminoslo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    disregard
    So how much do you lose a week?
  • sb4480
    sb4480 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    If you just recently really started paying attention to the sugar then it's likely that the loss is water weight. Sugar and grain bloats me. I always lose a fair bit in the beginning and then it levels out to real weight loss. I'd give it a few weeks and if you continue to lose at that rate perhaps dial back your efforts a bit and up your calories with healthy fat. Keep up the good work!!
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    This losing water weight thing is a big myth. Every one is different and you wouldn't know what you are losing unless you do a body composition test. I was losing 75% fat from the beginning with over 25% of loss comming from water. Of course the water loss became less over a period. Now how much weight you lose or more importantly fat you lose can vary week to week. I have lost as much as 3 lbs of fat per week or as little as less than half a LB. I am glad I did bod pod test every week to look back and see how much fat I lost every week.
    I lost 3 lbs of fat on some weeks, unless you are eating those 1200 or less calorie diets don't worry about losing 2 or more fat lbs/week.
  • AmandaNicole412
    AmandaNicole412 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the ketosis world but I started 3 weeks ago and I'm down 8 lbs.
  • StacyRenee77
    StacyRenee77 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    This losing water weight thing is a big myth. Every one is different and you wouldn't know what you are losing unless you do a body composition test. I was losing 75% fat from the beginning with over 25% of loss comming from water. Of course the water loss became less over a period. Now how much weight you lose or more importantly fat you lose can vary week to week. I have lost as much as 3 lbs of fat per week or as little as less than half a LB. I am glad I did bod pod test every week to look back and see how much fat I lost every week.
    I lost 3 lbs of fat on some weeks, unless you are eating those 1200 or less calorie diets don't worry about losing 2 or more fat lbs/week.

I am glad you said this!!
  • SnowFlinga
    SnowFlinga Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I don't know about water weight loss being a "myth" at the beginning of a LCHF/Keto diet. This is a well documented occurrence when one switches their WOE to LCHF. All the major books discuss it and there's tons of anecdotal observations from LCHF dieters. I experienced a very fast loss of over 5 lbs in the first week and there's no doubt that was mostly water weight. Granted I didn't get in a bod pod every week, but 5 lbs of fat loss in the first week of LCHF is not common.
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    Just like it's well documented that eating saturated fat is bad for you. Lol. Even in the studies which published raw data, water and fat loss wasn't consistent. I lost 4 lbs in first week, 3 lbs was fat. Glad I didn't assume anything and tracked it with bod pod. This water thing and losing more than 2 lbs is not healthy are my favorite memes.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    some weeks are more, some are less but my total average is around 4lbs a week.
  • SnowFlinga
    SnowFlinga Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    And just like on Biggest Loser we should report results as percentage lost so that the data is normalized based on the amount of body fat we're carrying.

I would expect 4 lbs/week to be more typical when you have a lot left to lose. As a percentage of your current body fat what does that work out to?

For me, I've been losing about 5 lbs/month and that's over 10% of my fat mass lost each month (3% of my overall body weight).
  • KrimsonRose
    Options
    And just like on Biggest Loser we should report results as percentage lost so that the data is normalized based on the amount of body fat we're carrying.

I would expect 4 lbs/week to be more typical when you have a lot left to lose. As a percentage of your current body fat what does that work out to?

For me, I've been losing about 5 lbs/month and that's over 10% of my fat mass lost each month (3% of my overall body weight).

Love this! So far I am averaging about 4 lbs a week, but then I do have more to lose. (Well, to be honest, a lot more to lose). I should start with percentage! I should probably get into a bod pod to get a pretty good idea of the amount of fat I do have though, huh? Thanks for this tip!

KR
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    We women hold lots of water when u start eliminating carbs and watch sugar water weight flys off my first week I lost 5 and I only wanted 10 lb loss butt the last five will take longer so u losing alot in beginning is normal and great job on sticking with it :)