What is everybody eating?

Options
mads_o86
mads_o86 Posts: 43 Member
Just wondering what everybody are eating to reach their targets?

I've severely upped my intake of vegetables.

For breakfast I've developed my own little gem: The Frozen Blueberry Breakfast Shake :-) It's very simple: 300 ml. of skimmed milk, a scoop of protein powder and 250 grams of frozen blueberries. All blended it tastes just like 386 calories of Blueberry Soft Ice Cream.

Replies

• hirstrl
    hirstrl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    last night i had a baked pollock fillet and southwest salad made with lots of greens, black beans, garbanzo beans, fresh corn (frozen) , tomatos, avocado, and a cilantro based vinegrette. very simple and very delicious!
    this morning had a protien shake for 190cal after my workout.
    my snacks are usually just an apple or some pistacios.
    lunch will consist of veggies, cottage cheese, tuna, and some triscuit crackers
    dinner will be left over fish and salad tonight !!
    :happy:
  • pmackey49
    pmackey49 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Breakfast I had Oatmeal, for lunch I'm eating a salad with Spinach and Romain lettuce topped with garbonzo beans, beets, mushrooms and a little sprinkling of feta. I've also been drinking a lot of distilled water with cucumber slices.
  • holmed90
    holmed90 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    What I am eating varies on whether I am eating with friends and also how long my day is. I typically work 10-12 hour days and sometimes mix between night shifts and day shifts so...can be a bit all over the place. Usually this is my typical food:

Usually...

Breakfast (434kcal)
    2 x wholemeal toast
    10g flora light spread
    Half tin baked beans
    1 mug of coffee with skimmed milk

Lunch (440kcal)
    Soup
    Ciabatta roll

Dinner (318kcal)
    Cajun chicken with quinoa, puy lentils, curly kale, spinach and peppers.
    My own recipe - if you like it I can send it :)

Snacks vary:
    A couple of dried apricots
    Cottage cheese etc
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    You can take a look at friend's meals if they have an open diary. You are welcome to add me, however I may not be so much help, I'm eating bacon, coffee, beer every day as part of this challenge, I don't have less than 2,400 cals most days and I work out a lot. ;)
  • rezekiel
    rezekiel Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I usually have:
    Breakfast: oatmeal with almond milk (unsweetened)
    coffee with almond milk
    Snack (morning and afternoon): apple green smoothie (apple, celery, spinach, lemon juice,water and ice)
    Lunch: salad with chicken or yogurt with apple
    Dinner: varies and usually my highest calorie consumption. e.g.: 1 cp dry gluten free pasta, organic sausage, spinach, onion, peppers, and tomato sauce.

I usually drink a minimum of 3L of water per day.
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    A normal sort of day for me would be

Breakfast
    3 slices of wholemeal toast with some low fat spread, and sliced banana on top, mug of tea. 380 calories

Lunch
    3 egg omelette (only 1 yolk) filled with mushrooms and spring onions, low fat yoghurt and a small tub of fruit. 370 calories

Dinner
    Spicy boneless Chicken thighs, served with a salad and sauted baby potatoes done in the actifryer with a few squirts of frylight and some onions and bacon pieces threw in near the end. 660 calories.

If I do any exercise I normally would eat about half the calories back in the form of fruit snacks. I never feel hungry and have usually plenty of energy so it is working well for me.
  • Chris_Pierce
    Chris_Pierce Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I just discovered frozen fully cooked chicken breast strips. They're incredibly easy to cook, taste great and are healthy. So I've been eating two servings of those everyday just about,
    Breakfast is generally eggs bacon maybe chicken. Weekends tend to be pancakes waffles or cinnamon rolls with the eggs and bacon.
    Lunch is leftovers from dinner or frozen chicken
    Dinner is usually chicken and vegetables or salad sometimes rice too.
    Snacks are protein shakes/bars, chicken or fruit

Man I need to eat more fruits and vegetables. Now that I think about it.

I tend to fit more junk food in on the weekends. Burgers candy etc. this weekend was no different there, but I worked out more so I was able to eat candy and cinnamon rolls on Sunday, hit my macro goals and come in with a big deficit.
  • Stay2theC
    Stay2theC Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Breakfast:
    A breakfast shake made with Almond milk (reduced sugar), 1/2 cup of oats, PB2 with chocolate powder (peanut butter subsitute), & a banana

Lunch:
    Something with turkey, either a turkey hot dog or turkey sandwich w/ a side of hummus & chips. Sometimes I will switch up with a salad w/ chicken.

Dinner:
    Varies. Since I am only cooking for one, I will try to cook a new recipe on Sunday that will last through the week. I love to cook with fish, shrimp, or chicken. I love couscous or quinoa as a side dish.

Snacks:
    Fruit & skinny cow ice cream treat

I am trying to get a much exercise as possible with youtube fitness videos that I can find.
  • Smirnoff65
    Options
    I'm working nightshift tonight so had my breakfast of 3 slices of wholemeal toast with sliced banana before I came to work, will have some low fat yoghurt, fruit and a powered cup-a-soup at my first tea break, later for my main meal I have brought in with me Chicken Curry that I had made a big pot of last week and separated in to portions and froze, I find that I can make the curry and control the calories very easily, what is more difficult is the fact that the rice I serve with it is quite high in calories so what I have started doing recently is cutting down the size of the portion of rice to about 200g (I would have normally had about twice that before) and then I would slice up about 200g of mushrooms and fry them off with a couple of squirts of frylight and a small drop of soya sauce, I then add these mushrooms to the rice to bulk it up a bit. Great way to cut the calories down but still fill you up.
  • ginalovefire
    Options
    My breakfast is always the same---1/3 c oatmeal, 1/2 cup of some kind of nuts, 1 cup of berries or some kind of fruit and a cup of coffee.

Lunch is a salad and typically some leftover soup.

Dinner tonight will be Mexican themed---Pinto Beans & Brown rice stuffed portabellas, topped with greens, sliced tomatoes, avocado and homemade salsa verde!
  • Chris_Pierce
    Options
    Today I ate a lot of chicken. Chicken with breakfast chicken for dinner. Lunch was fruit and protein with milk. Lots of snacks too though. Chocolate, gluten free cinnamon raisin bread, more milk and beer! Hooray for beer. But it's okay, my "weight lifting" today was actually more cardio, on top of my normal biking, then I added more actual weight lifting. At the moment (with 3 beers in me) I've still got 400+ calories to consume. Maybe I will have a bowl of frozen yogurt with fruit :)
  • Healthyj83
    Healthyj83 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    today i ate/will eat:
    b: coffee w/ ff half and half; honeydew, blueberries, 4 almonds, 10 raisins, 1 dried fig and ff greek yogurt
    l: 1 sauteed chicken breast, 1 breaded eggplant, romaine lettuce, and tomato and onion salad; i also had coffee w/ half and half
    s: 200 cals of raw almonds
    d: i will have an egg white omelet with veggies and truffle cheese.. and some wine :)
  • Chris_Pierce
    Options
    Today

Breakfast
    Hash browns with poached egg

Lunch
    No lunch but protein shakes thorough out the day

Dinner
    Chicken and salad with cashews celery and dried cranberries

Snack
    Beer :)

Currently I've hit my protein and fat goals. With 1000 calories left over for a few beers.
  • Healthyj83
    Healthyj83 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    b: egg white omelet with veggies and feta cheese; strawberries; 2 TBS of nonfat yogurt, a few chunks of honeydew; 3 cups coffee; half and half
    l: grilled chicken thigh; arugula; goat cheese; about 8 or 10 olives and 5 sundried tomatoes
    d: (haven't had it yet) grilled chicken thigh, arugula, small apple, feta, avocado, almonds and olives. maybe a small whole wheat pita if still hungry.. dessert will be either hot cocoa or an 100 calorie ice cream bar (depending on whether i'm warm or cold :) ) and some berries
  • Smirnoff65
    Options
    Came off nightshift this morning and went straight to GYM, went to bed and got up up around 16:00 didn't take any breakfast as I was having a cheat night Chinese take away so had a lovely take away, went out for a walk afterwards and took my exercise calories for today well up over 1000cals so even with the take away, I still have loads of spare calories for lots of Smirnoff and a bottle or two of wine tonight :) ......well it is my weekend and I have worked hard for it lol Cheers!!!
  • Chris_Pierce
    Options
    Last night was gluten free home made pizza with pepperoni green onion and zucchini.

Breakfast was hash browns and poached eggs

Lunch was leftover pizza and protein shake

Dinner was spaghetti with brown rice noodles zucchini and ground turkey

For snacks I had more protein shakes, strawberries and now beer. I may have another snack later,maybe some nuts or peanut butter and banana.