Getting your exercise?

Options
kyedo
kyedo Posts: 83 Member
Okay is everyone getting in thier resistance work and walking after dinner each day?

I got the second workout in last night. Feeling it a little this morning, but not too bad. Hoping to get some new equipment for my "home gym" in the next week, which should help facilitate the negative accnetuated workouts.

Struggling to get in the after dinner walk, as I have been eating dinner pretty late in the evening. Really need to buckle down on the walking part, since it is such an easy way to burn a few calories. Looking like I need more focus on my time management.

Replies

• haleyc717
    haleyc717 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I did a realllllly tough training session at the gym on Thursday... After doing the negative sit-up on the Bosu Ball, I couldn't laugh for 2 days without crying out in pain my abs were so sore! I actually think I might have used a little too much weight on a couple exercises so I won't push myself quite so hard next time. Although I came down with the flu the following day--which freaked me out because at first I thought the body aches were workout related! Turns out its just going around the school of the kid that I babysit...
  • BubblyBelinda
    BubblyBelinda Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I haven't been getting in all the walks. In re-reading, I think I still need to step up the weight amounts I'm using, I was doing a weight I could do 30-30-30, but I think I need to do weights I can only do 20-20-20 to start.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    i work third shift so i really cant schedule after dinner walks, but i guess i can go back to walking for 30 mins when i get off i did my first "workout" the other day, it wasnt much of one but boy did i feel it the next couple days..
  • Idealisting2014
    Options
    I'm only just starting the workouts today and since I need a visual (and I want to do them correctly), I went looking for examples on youtube. This guy posted three videos of 30-30-30 exercises that might be useful so I'm sharing here! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0el-SiM5Xdl0gkJPEdaDSg
  • conner1216
    conner1216 Posts: 1
    Options
    Do you all know of any alternative workouts besides walking to do? By the time I'm off work it is dark out and I don't have a treadmill or exercise bike. Kettlebell swings maybe? I couldn't find anything in the book :(
  • Idealisting2014
    Options
    Hi Conner1216! I don't have much of a chance to get out either so I use fitness videos.

The low impact cardio I'm probably doing tonight is this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaJryQEsT94

This youtube channel "Fitnessblender" has a ton of workout videos. I would stick to the low impact unless you aren't sore then try their kickboxing stuff!

low impact: https://www.youtube.com/user/FitnessBlender/search?query=low+impact

kickboxing: https://www.youtube.com/user/FitnessBlender/search?query=kickboxing

They don't provide music in the videos which is nice because you can turn on your own playlist :)

let me know how it goes.
  • BubblyBelinda
    Options
    I haven't exercised since last Friday. :( I've been bad. Can't today either, but I will for sure tomorrow.

How is everyone else doing on the negative training?
  • charliedooger
    charliedooger Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, just joining today - I started the program yesterday with my first workout and 1400 calories/day. I had a question about working out. I thought it said in the book NOT to do any other working out other than the 2 days of negative training and the walk. Am I wrong? I usually cycle everywhere because I don't have a car and I'm wondering if that's advisable for now. It seems strange.
  • debloves2dance
    Options
    So, I'm on week 5 of the body fat breakthrough. My focus has been mostly on the diet and exercise program and water consumption. I've been less disciplined with other fat busters, especially the cold plunge. I know I should have read the book completely before I started the program but here I am. I've lost a total of 9 pounds and my clothing feels much better just doing this part of the program.

I've had a gym membership for years and have been used to the feeling of muscle soreness following group exercise classes. I've been doing the negative accentuated exercises 1-2 times a week and I've only been slightly sore following the workouts. Today I realized that I probably am not using enough resistance. I've been mostly doing the home workouts and no machines because my husband and I are doing this together and he had no gym membership. Any suggestions as to why I'm not feeling sore? I miss feeling that I've had a good workout, not doing ANY aerobic (used to spin and do high intensity classes so this is kind of killing me! )

I'm worried that my time doing this program has been wasted because my exercise isn't feeling adequate and my goal is to increase muscle and reduce fat. Anyone doing this have suggestions?
  • debloves2dance
    Options
    Oops!
  • charliedooger
    charliedooger Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Dr. Darden is really good about answering questions on his website. Someone asked a similar questions to your debloves:
    http://www.drdarden.com/readTopic.do;jsessionid=99B8E2933D853B34239686D07DA8E1FA.hydra?id=656402
  • BubblyBelinda
    Options
    He answered a similar question to yours, he said that if you do it as part of your regular job/lifestyle, it should be OK. He doesn't want you to do this plus a 5 mile hike or aerobics classes that sort of thing.