How is everyone?

Options
How is the progress on your weight loss coming along? Summer is getting close!

Replies

• LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Just started my second week of really working out again. At least 20 min walk every day. I feel much better. Trying to get past mothers day though.
  • milagros00
    milagros00 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Sorry Kim. The friend request was great, but I see that it brings to much clutter to my site.
  • milagros00
    Options
    Went to Zumba last night and had a great, "normal" time! I will go again to a longer and bigger class tonight. My husband said something to me yesterday that made me see how important it is to continue with the fitness routine, even though I may feel too "sad" to do so. You see, since our son died, we have both gained weight. He pointed out the fact that I have, however kept my health, due to my fitness routine, while his health issues have exacerbated.

Thank goodness, he has started to return to the gym. I want him around for a long time. Today I will reflect on the ones whom I love who have been left behind. Jas, I love you always. But, I have to start to also show my love for those whom we both love and remain strong as I honor your memory.

Milagros
    Raleigh NC
  • milagros00
    Options
    Stay strong Lady Persia. I am proud of you for starting small and "doable". Success only breeds more success.:smile:
  • milagros00
    Options
    Well I thought of myself, husband and daughter yesterday. I feel like we were all left behind and now must make a life for ourselves. We are striving towards a "new normal". After the death of my son, I lost a new friend. She no longer looks at me and does not want to talk to me. This, I did not expect. Guess it is also time to let new friends in that will accept me and my "circumstances" as we are.

Went to my hour Zumba Class last night. After two nights in a row I am feeling quite sore. Today I will take it easy and walk as my fitness routine for the day. A very slow walk!

Milagros:smile:
    Raleigh, NC
  • kimfierro
    kimfierro Posts: 49
    Options
    Sorry I sent another request! Doh!
  • milagros00
    Options
    Well yesterday is the last of "The Dangerous Game". I saw that if I eat WAY TOO MUCH. I will gain weight, duh! I know it has nothing to do with gaining or loosing weight. It has to do more with the loss of my son. I talk to him during the day and imagine him answering. He loved Red Velvet Cake. I found Weight Watcher's red velvet mini "bars" in the Supermarket one day and at times would share them with Jas. We would eat the whole box and laugh at the fact that the serving size was a joke to us.

Yesterday I went looking for the cakes, but it was too painful to buy them. (Which I should have since I ended up eating way too many cookies and ice cream instead.) I had an OK day, but I was anesthetizing myself with food. Who knows what kind of day I would have had if I did not.

But, that's the point, isn't it? I have to feel my feelings and stop trying to cover them up with food. Today I will stay away from the sweets and see what happens.

Milagros
    Raleigh, NC:ohwell:
  • Angelmom919
    Angelmom919 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am getting back on track! I am back to logging my food and I have been walking! My goal is to get in at least 2.5 miles a day but somedays my route gets me 4 miles! I am determined to do this!!!
  • milagros00
    Options
    Yes, Yes, Yes! Back on track! No matter how bad the slip was in the past, today is a new day! This day is the only one that really counts! Today we are BACK ON TRACK! I am with you today! I will also track, THAT IS MY PROMOSE TODAY, and of course, go to Zumba after work!

Hurrah for us!:happy:

Milagros
    Raleigh, NC
  • milagros00
    Options
    OK now! So yesterday I woke up and decided to join Weight Watchers since they were having half price sale for 3 months of the program. I was on track the WHOLE DAY! I have to get some of myself back! ONE DAY AT A TIME!:happy:
  • kimfierro
    kimfierro Posts: 49
    Options
    My sister used WW and lost a lot of weight with it! Good for you!
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    As get close to my moms anniversary. I find it is getting harder instead of easier with my grief. My son is working on his Eagle project and I find myself missing my parents even more. Slow and steady and lots of tissues.
  • apetranovich
    apetranovich Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I lost my dad in a construction truck accident just under a month ago. He was 55 years old and had plenty life to live. I'm having a hard time, as I was close to him. And father's day without him is going to be hard. Shoot the rest of my life without him is going to be hard. But I decided that my dad would want me to get healthy, not indulge my emotions with food. I put a goal in place that next year on the anniversary of dad's heaven day that if I get under 200lbs, I would give myself whatever memorial tattoo I want of him.