Introduction

Options

Replies

• KateinSomerset
    KateinSomerset Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Morning all
    I am returning to mfp to try and get motivation to lose weight and get fit. Having just turned 57, I saw a photo taken of me at the birthday party - omg I'm fat AND short.

Now the 'short' I can't do anything about but the 'fat' I can get rid of! So here I am. What I need is likeminded people to help me get my fat *kitten* into gear!!

A change in personal circumstances last year means I sit behind a desk all day and this has contributed to weight gain. My plan is to walk outside for 30 mins a day after work plus do other workouts (Slimin6 or Davina Fit in 15).

Looking forward to taking my daily walk with you all.
  • Miaaawlicious
    Miaaawlicious Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I have started Leslie Sansone videos a few weeks ago and I love it! It is really hard for me to be consistent at working out but not with her ^^.

I am on a journey to learn how to eat healthy and to work out consistently because I am a real "couch potato" (is that the correct expression? ^^) and I want to change.

My goals are
    1) To be consistent at walking everyday.
    2) To complete a 30 day fitness challenge.
    3) To complete a 10 weeks workout program.

So let's start walking! :D
  • SarahLou2990
    SarahLou2990 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today, I can't resist waiting for tomoz. I did a boxing DVD yesterday and everything aches so I think walking is just the thing =D
  • 5MommaJ
    5MommaJ Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, So glad I saw this group in time to join. Today is a Sunday so that will work well for me to begin. I began my true lifestyle change at Christmas time (12/2013) and HAD lost 25 pounds so far this year. I stalled around April 18 and this past week gained 5 back. When I started I was walking every day with Leslie Sansone on Youtube but slowly drifted away. Now I will begin again and this group will help very much. I do well with accountability.

Goals:
    Short term:
    1. Consume less than 1400 calories a day.
    2. Walk 30 minutes daily for 6 weeks.
    3. Drink 100 ounces of water daily
    4. Eat 5 servings of fruit and vegetables daily
    5. Eat fried food no more than 1x every other week

Long term:
    1. Lose 52 pounds by 12/31/2014
  • dearbornfirefly
    Options
    Hello everyone! I just found MFP yesterday and joined. This is my first group and I am enjoying all your positive and sincere posts! I love to walk, and am trying to build up a lot more consistency. Happy walking to all of us!
  • Beloved1rv
    Beloved1rv Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! This group is an answer to prayer! I have been trying to make exercise a habit and I know that with God's help I can do 30 minutes per day!!!! The videos are free on You-Tube!!!! Let's go!!!!
  • jojo6699tn
    jojo6699tn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP but not to walking. I just haven't been very consistent lately. I use a pedometer app on my samsung phone to keep up with my distance and calories burned. I had an older Leslie Sansone Walk away the pounds video but want to try some of the ones on YouTube also. I just really need the accountability of a group like this. I have 60 pounds I need to lose and am trying to follow a low carb plan (starting today) I am drinking tons of water after cutting out diet drinks. I don't have any of the fit bit or other tracking devices. I checked into them at Walmart but they seemed a little expensive for me at the moment unless I can find one on eBay or somewhere less expensive. Can anyone tell me if they are worth the investment. TY for creating this group and I'm looking forward to walking away these pounds with you all.
  • jojo6699tn
    jojo6699tn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP but not to walking. I just haven't been very consistent lately. I use a pedometer app on my samsung phone to keep up with my distance and calories burned. I had an older Leslie Sansone Walk away the pounds video but want to try some of the ones on YouTube also. I just really need the accountability of a group like this. I have 60 pounds I need to lose and am trying to follow a low carb plan (starting today) I am drinking tons of water after cutting out diet drinks. I don't have any of the fit bit or other tracking devices. I checked into them at Walmart but they seemed a little expensive for me at the moment unless I can find one on eBay or somewhere less expensive. Can anyone tell me if they are worth the investment? TY for creating this group and I'm looking forward to walking away these pounds with you all.:love::love:
  • bettyjoburdett
    bettyjoburdett Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hello and good morning!

I am so happy to find this group. I have been walking with Leslie for about 1 month now and love It. I walk outside too when the weather is nice but find when I do the steps inside with the video my feet do not hurt as much. I have bone spurs in my heels. I started my get fit plan on January 2 this year. I started at 237 altho I have been as high as 265. I just broke under the 199 mark today :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I am looking forward to reaching my next goal of 189 and know that walking is key. I have joined other groups but find it too hard to try hundreds of crunches, sit ups, etc. is to hard for me at 60 years old.

I wish all my sister (and fella) walkers the best of luck:drinker:
  • PB91765
    PB91765 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I joined MPF in 2013. I'm so excited about this challenge. It's exactly what I need. I love to walk and I love Leslie Sansone. Cheers to all :drinker: Happy Walking!
  • IcanIwill1
    IcanIwill1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I started this iteration of my weight loss journey on the 1st of July 2013.
    (I have been a yo-yo dieter all my life hopefully this is my last time gaining and losing)
    My weight was 227lbs
    My current weight is 143lbs
    I want to be between 130-125lbs

I am a prolific walker, It is the only exercise I do, however my problem is that since Feb I have lost the same 5lbs so many times because of my eating.
    Just this past week, I decided to hunker down and get to goal once and for all.

This challenge is indeed what I need.
    I walk 9.4miles daily. I walkcommute 4.7miles to work, and when I get home, I do it again after dinner.
    I am on vacation till the 1st of July at the moment, and started walking at a national park near me. Mapmywalk said the loop I do at the park is 13.4miles, I don't know how accurate that is.
    But yesterday when I came back from this new park route, I got on the scale and had lost 4lbs.
    So today I took water with me, since I know that I did not burn 14,000 calories of fat off me (wish I did) no matter the distance I had walked.

I intend to walk my normal 9.4 on work days and do the park "longwalk" weekends, until I get to goal in six weeks. (hopefully)
    Then I will decide the frequency or distance that will keep me fit and maintaining.
  • curious_chipmunk
    Options
    I've just noticed this group :) Only yesterday I wondered if I should find my copy of Leslie Sansone's DVD. I got it about 3 years ago and it was fun to walk at home. Then we moved house and eventually, I forgot about this program.

I am excited to start that walk again. Hope, this group help me stay in shape. I need to get rid of some "baby weight". The problem is that my baby started school last September.
  • DeterminedMonica
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am two days late on this challenge but eager to start walking tomorrow. I just started my weight loss journey a few weeks ago. I haven't incorporated exercise yet but need to start asap. I have a 100pounds to lose.
  • schafmom
    schafmom Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    HI all my name is Debbie and I'm 53 years young and have to lose at least 30 pounds. I have been doing the Leslie Sansone walks with her DVDs for a couple of months now and totally enjoy every minute of them.
    I'm a couple of days late in joining this group but would love to participate with all of you. I recently quit smoking and now have an extra 30 pounds that I need to shed, add a really slow metabolism and mid 50's age and well I have my work cut out for me if I want to drop that extra weight. So looking forward to this challenge!
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I hope it's okay for anyone to join up here!

I'm a couple days late to the party, but I do have a few Leslie Sansone videos and a pedometer... and I'm looking for a way to ease back in to exercising. I've got a long road ahead of me (over 100 pounds to lose) and I don't wanna burn out at the beginning.

This seems like a doable challenge for me. :)
  • Sammandu
    Sammandu Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I just started my fitness pal 1 week ago, and it has been very helpful in getting my eating under control. Lost 3 lbs so far and want to lose another 25 lbs. I was just thinking I need to start exercising, but need motivation and accountability. So, I am glad to find this group! I enjoy walking and believe that 30 min daily is a good goal to start with. Reading everyone's comments is very encouraging, and I plan to start tomorrow 5/19. Good luck to everyone!
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I started walking a couple of months ago as I have quite a bit of weight to lose and don't yet feel confident going to the gym. I started doing 20-30 mins and now up to 1hr 45, What I find really helpful is finding a walking that is a circuit then walking until I'm pretty tired - then you have no option but to walk home again. Also a good podcast / album / audiobook really helps in taking your mind off what your doing. Good luck everyone, lets do this!
  • 4evaagapeach
    4evaagapeach Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I joined MFP a couple of years ago, but never really was serious about it until about a week ago. My goal is to really take advantage of this site and use it to my benefit on my journey to a healthier me. I have always enjoyed walking as a form of exercise because like everyone has said we do it every day already anyway! Plus, I have a treadmill in my home and a great neighborhood that I can walk in so I really have no excuses to not walk. I will be doing my walking after work because I have to go into work too early in the mornings to do morning walking. My short term fitness goal is to improve my endurance and lose 10% of my body weight. My long term goal is to of course be as healthy a me as possible and lose 100 lbs. I have lost 7 lbs already so I'm off to a good start. Best of luck to everyone here on your journey!
  • nanasgranny68
    Options
    I just joined the group even though I have been a member for awhile. I need motivation for even though I go to the gym and walk on the treadmill for at least 30 minutes I am less active then I used to be. So I look forward to all support I can get.

My short term goal is to walk for 30 minutes for 5 days per week. I do also have Leslie's tape. I also need to walk or do something in the evening.
  • apyt2c
    apyt2c Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

So glad I saw this group in time to join. Today is a Monday, I walked 40 mins on the basketball court.
    I love to walk and when I am motivated it's so much easier. I am joining this group and today will be
    the first day of the challenge for me.

I had a baby August 2013, so my goal at the moment is to be more active. I want to get used to exercising
    regularly and focus on keeping it up long term. I am looking to do this for accountability.

Daily Goals:

1. Consume less than 1470 calories a day.
    2. Walk 30 minutes daily for 6 weeks.
    3. Drink 100 oz of water daily.

Monthly Goal:
    1. Get rid of 6-8lbs every month
    2. Build consistent and long term habits of eating & walking for life