Options
danielatoro
danielatoro Posts: 12 Member
Introduce yourself! Share your goals!

Replies

• danielatoro
    Options
    Hello... My name is Daniela, I am 23 years old, 5'8, and currently weigh 171 pounds. Until the age of 20, I maintained my weight at 130 and was very comfortable with it. In the past 3 years I have gained 40 pounds and no longer feel comfortable in my own body. I have tried losing weight before but cannot manage to stay motivated... but this time will be different.
  • 55amanda
    55amanda Posts: 15
    Options
    My name is Amanda. I'm 25 year old, 5'7", and currently weigh 192.6. My starting weight 2 weeks ago was 192.2, on Friday was 195.2. So I initially gained 3 lbs but I'm losing it. It's a bummer. My goal weight is 150, but I'll continue on depending on how I feel :) I've been stuck around 189-198 for years now and I'm tired of it! The lightest I've ever weighed was 127 at 19. I'm tired of being heavy and out of shape!
  • cowleyl
    cowleyl Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm old enough to be all of your mothers! Who cares - hopefully you'll accept me. I'm 61 but don't feel any different from when I was 31 - as you'll all find out one day when I'm gone. ;-) I want to lose 40 pounds. I've lost 60 but it took forever.. Have promised myself to exercise 30 minutes every day and to stick to a net of 1200 calories. Have done it for about 24 days now. I'm feeling fantastic.
  • GMReich7
    GMReich7 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 40 and would LOVE to lose 40! Currently i am 195.....it is and has always been a struggle for me to lose. i can exercise and have no problem with doing it every night but food.....ugh! It's a love hate thing! Amanda, i am with you....tired of it! i know what to do and not to do and yet here i am.
  • msnucerity
    msnucerity Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Hi All,.

My name is Dana, I'm 28, have lost roughly 30 pounds in the last year (but slowly, not really the pace I want to maintain), am looking to lose approx 40 pounds - my goal weight is 135. I'm getting married in 10 weeks though I'm not looking to drop 40 lbs in that short time! Just want to be healthy and maintain a healthy lifestyle:smile:

What else... I'm from Canada, I'm following a Paleo eating plan (I'm gluten intolerant and have found that grains in general don't agree with me so I avoid them as much as possible and instead get my sugar and starch from fruit and veggies.)

Looking forward to reading everyone's stories and getting to know you! Happy Tuesday Ladies!!
  • shelliewhitmore
    shelliewhitmore Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Shellie, I am 44 yrs old and need to lose 50 lbs but I would be content with a goal of 40 lbs. I joined My Fitness Pal yesterday and I am really liking it!:happy:
  • JennMM0123
    JennMM0123 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Jenn. I'm a 35 year old mom, working full time...crazy busy! Haven't been taking care of me, I'm an emotional eater and I need to lose 40 lbs. 2-3years ago I lost a bunch of weight, but gained it all back. :grumble:
    I need stop the excuses and be more accountable for my actions, looking for some support!
  • danielatoro
    Options
    Hey Everyone! I'm so glad you all joined, although we all have different stories we are all working towards a common goal :) I want this group to be a place to really keep motivated, inspired and accountable... Any idea?
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Vada I am 47 years old. I don't weigh myself often but the last time I did I was 193 and I am 5'7. I usually get on the scale once a month. I find that if I weigh too often then I binge. I know it make no sense. I use my clothes to see where I am. I don't really have a goal weight but I want to be a size 10. So I figured that is around 150. I am in the gym at least 5 times a week. I love cycling, and just restarted the C25K again. I also do weight training 3 times a week. I do the elliptical on cardio days as well as the 30 day shred. I have a weakness for cheese!!!!
  • aroepaugh
    aroepaugh Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Ashley, I just turned 25 and I just started back on MyFitnessPal last week. My long term goal is to lose approximately 50-60 pounds but it will really just depend on how I feel when I get close to that point. In the mean time I have set my weight goals on MyFitnessPal to just 10 pound goals. I think that I will stay more focused and motivated if I accomplish a lot of smaller goals to get to my overall goal!
  • jessiej99
    jessiej99 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, my name is Jessica. I have about 50 pounds to lose. I have recently lost 40 pounds and some days are harder than others. I hope that we can all work together to knock this 40 pounds out of the park. Nice to met you all. Thanks!!!
  • atidnam
    atidnam Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Amanda. I've always been fit until I got married last year and I gained a lot of weight. As a result, my body is not flexible, I have no energy, and I feel "achey". I want to fix that by getting fit again and getting into my old clothes! I used to be around size 6-8 and I'm teetering on size 12-14 right now. I'm 5'7 and 183 lbs. I have lost all motivation so I started Fitness Pal today; hopefully, I can get motivated again!
  • hkied
    hkied Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am 36. Have 4 children ranging in ages from 18 to 3, I am a preschool teacher also. I havent spent time on ME in a long time! I lost 40 pounds 2 yrs ago when I moved to mexico for 6 months. BUT I came back and gained it back.... no self control and way to many convience foods here :( !
  • shelliewhitmore
    Options
    I think that's great! I'm 44 and need to lose at least 40 lbs...I just joined this site yesterday....

-Shellie
  • shelliewhitmore
    Options
    Hi Amanda,

I understand completely...take it one day a time right? Stay focused on your goal :wink:
  • CAMPMOM1963
    Options
    Hi, I am 50, 5' 7" and 208. I had managed 193 two summers ago, but have back-slid. I just want to have more energy and feel better. I really enjoy bike riding, and this is my powerful weight loss tool. I have noticed that I am much less food dependent if I can manage 3 day fast from most processed carbs. Hunger really diminishes after 3rd day. Getting there is the problem:)
  • samwheeler4
    Options
    Hello,

I found your group in the search and it looked like exactly what I need. My name is Samantha, I'm 28, 5'7 and weigh 176.0. I've been struggling with losing the excess weight i've put on since i was going through chemo and then having children. I've been steadily losing about 1 pound a week but it would take me 40wks if i kept on that track to get down the 40 pounds i want to take off. I need help with motivation it is my hardest thing. I just can't keep motivated. So I enjoy running, swimming, yoga and pilates. I hope that joining a group helps and that in return i might be able to help someone too!
  • jesskawelmacher
    jesskawelmacher Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Jessica; I am 25 yrs old, mother of 4 beautiful girls and full time office manager. I am currently weighing in at 205 lbs and my ultimate goal is to be 150 lbs, I know that's over the 40 lb mark, but I need some serious motivation! As of the last few weeks, I have been going to the gym 3 times a week, I do Zumba 2 nights a week and I work on strength and toning all 3 nights; I also do yoga in the morning. The part where I struggle the most is my diet, I am a sucker for carbs and sweets and I have cut back a lot of the sweets, but still need help with the rest of my diet. Feel free to add me, I need all the accountability I can get!
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Yep - LOL , I have 2 daughters the age of most of you but that's ok with me. I'm Ann. 58 yrs old. Been active most of my life until a few years ago when I fractured a hip. No longer an excuse since surgery and I need to lose 40 lbs. I'm 5'8" tall, and currently 191. Target weight is 150. Lots of good stuff here. I'm a very supportive friend and around a lot! I'm doing a workout 3 days a week and working on increasing my cardio. I work full time and commute to downtown Los Angeles which doesnt help. Let's do this ladies! :flowerforyou:
  • sjlazzell
    sjlazzell Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello - I found this website, and subsequently this group, while on my weekly (sometimes daily) search for the weight-loss miracle that will change my life! I'm thinking common sense and a support group might go a long way in helping me reach my goals. I am 51, a mother of three grown children, mother-in-law of one and grandmother to the cutest 8 month old boy that ever was! I'm a wife of a state police officer, daughter of a newly diagnosed cancer patient, and a middle school math teacher. I have some stress in my life as does everyone. Unfortunately, I have been choosing to deal with life's stress by eating junk food and avoiding working out. I'm 5'9" and 195 pounds. As a former D1 athlete, I'm ashamed I have allowed myself to reach this point, but am determined to do something about it. I know what I have to do and am determined to reach my goal of 150 pounds!