Goal #1: Lose 5 Pounds

Options
danielatoro
danielatoro Posts: 12 Member
Let's separate our goal of 40 pounds into smaller more attainable goals.... Let's all start by working towards loosing the first 5 pounds. This is a place where we can share once we have achieved this goal! It doesn't matter how long it takes as long as we keep at it!!

Replies

• codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a great idea I'm currently 194 so my first goal is 189. We can do this ladies
  • shelliewhitmore
    shelliewhitmore Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I like that idea...
  • crystalirene12
    crystalirene12 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am at 190 as of this morning. I have 4 more pounds to lose til I hit my prepregnancy weight!! Yay! Mind you my daughter turned 6 months yesterday and I gained 50 pounds!
  • tmkefa
    tmkefa Posts: 3
    Options
    I was 197 when I started tracking and becoming more active last Monday. I'm going to weigh Monday so hopefully I've lost a little. Breaking it up into increments is a great idea. Good luck ladies!
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I'm having the hardest time getting back on track. I'm back after having gained 30 of the pounds I'd previously lost with mfp support...and have joined this group to give me an accountability network. I'm not thrilled to have let myself down, but I'm trying to get into the "at least you're working on it" mind set (rather than the "eff it, where's the cheesecake?" mindset which seemed to take over the last six months).
  • amelia325
    amelia325 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i don't weigh myself regularly but will make sure to in 1 week and the goal will be to have at least lost 5 pounds! I have a challenge to replace one meal a day with a salad which has helped staying under my daily calorie goal so easy!!
  • madhouse88
    madhouse88 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Seriously! I've been exercising 2-4 times per week doing strength training and cardio for the last twelve weeks and sticking to between 1200-1600 calories per day. I've definitely slipped A LOT over the last 12 weeks (especially on the weekends). When I started (total newbie) 12 weeks ago at the gym, I was at 186. I'm still at 186ish, somedays the scale says more, sometimes it says less... But I now fit into a size 12 and I haven't worn a size 12 since before my daughter was born 3 years ago... so, that must be progress! But I really want to see the numbers start to go down now before I start believing it. So FIVE POUNDS! we can do this!
  • amelia325
    amelia325 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    it is hard! just keep tracking your food and activity! it really will help you stay on track!
  • danielatoro
    danielatoro Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    We can do this!!! As for my strategy... I live in Montreal and have decided not to buy a bus pass for the summer... I am biking everywhere I go.. That makes at least 30 mins of cardio per day! I'm also trying to stay of the carbs!!! Hopefully 5 pounds will come off relatively easily. :) It motivated me that so many of you are going through the same things!!
  • 45thin
    45thin Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I seem to be in a holding pattern, but 5 pounds seems do-able! I just hope it does not take me 5 weeks!
  • megkeage
    megkeage Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great job you give me hope! I just had my 3rd and last baby 6 weeks ago and losing these 40 seem
    like a lifetime away :(
  • msnucerity
    msnucerity Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I'm game!

I'm assuming 5 pounds from today so time to get real!!
  • KelliJ49047
    KelliJ49047 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am so in... I weigh in on sundays.... last weigh in I weighef 207.. 202 will be my next goal...after being on here for years... and yo-yoing... I have finally what works for me... with support of people here... I plan on dropping this weight once and for ll..
  • heaven_511
    heaven_511 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love this idea! Hopeful I'll have this first 5 lbs off by the end of the month. WOW that sounds/seems sooo doable!!!
  • nashay8910
    nashay8910 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am new to fitness pal and I am really excited about this challenge. One thing I have learned so far is that you can't be to hard on yourself. Focus more on inches rather then weight! You will not be the same weight today as you were yesterday. You gain water weight, muscle, or could just have heavy bones so don't get discouraged if you don't see the numbers you want all the time. It does not mean you are not progressing. Good luck ladies!
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I like it. The other thing I read not too long ago was it's great to have goals but also focus on your plan of how to achieve those goals. And by doing it in smaller increments, it keeps it from feeling so overwhelming. I know I need to focus better on some of my food choices - get the bleeping snacking out of my mind! Up my cardio workouts. Getting there one step at a time
  • danahubley
    danahubley Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Weighed this morning and was down 3 lbs from 2 weeks ago. I will start this challenge from today so starting at 219 lbs. I am aiming for 1 - 2 lbs a week so 214 lbs in a month..........
  • Limath
    Limath Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I also like the 5 pound goal idea. It seems very attainable. My last weigh in was 171, so I'll be back at 166! One bump in the road... My exersize plan was to walk my dog, Zack (my profile pic) in my hilly neighborhood everyday after work. He's hurt his front leg, and is limping today. No way he'll be able to walk tonight. I'll force myself to go without him, but he's not going to be happy!
  • hkied
    hkied Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    LETS DO THIS! I havent lost a darn thing since I started so Its time to get real! I am gonna stick with it, thanks for the support everyone!
  • 4men1lady79
    4men1lady79 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I like the mini 5lb goal! I'm 183 so my 5lb goal is 178! I'm excited :-)