Praevalere - End Week 1

Options
My week is going to be one day shy of the groups--guess that just means I get 91 days instead of 90 (started on 5/13).

Height: 6'3
This Week
SW: 299.1
CW: 288.9

10.2 lbs -- Most of this is water weight from eating low carbs. I have been maintaining ~10 per day. My foods mostly consist of eggs (from our own chickens), hotdogs, cheese, steak, beef jerky (homemade with no carbs), burgers, tuna, turkey, bacon, mayo, etc. After the 4th day or so I stopped feeling hungry, which can be a problem when I am trying to eat enough calories. Although if I smell (or see on TV) french fries, breads, pizza or other starchy grains I do get an urge to eat them, but I suppose that is normal. I am using Keto sticks to ensure that I am staying in ketosis (I am at the maximum end of it). Not sure if my endurance has taken a hit as a result, but I seem to have enough energy throughout the day. I have debated just switching to 20% less than my TDEE (so I can take the easy way out) but I am going to spend the day thinking it over.

This is a rough schedule of what I did outside of my regular day-to-day activities:

5/13-nothing
5/14-1h tennis
5/15-1h 30m kayaking (lake)
5/16-Ran .75 mile then played tennis for 45m
5/17-2h kayaking (lake)
5/18-2.75m walking (morning), 1h45m weedeating, .75m run, 30m tennis, 15m hill training (intense)
5/19-nothing

Need more golf in there, hopefully this week :)

edit: I have before pics, will post them with my after pics at the end of the 90 days. Also (whoops), 288.9 not 289.9.

Replies

• newlife6745
    newlife6745 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Praevalere - that is a HUGE loss. Fun workouts too!!
  • jolene_CO
    jolene_CO Posts: 48
    Options
    Most of this is water weight from eating low carbs. I have been maintaining ~10 per day.

My foods mostly consist of eggs (from our own chickens),

Well done on managing your carbs. I would be insufferable on so few carbs, but it sounds like you prepared and planned well, considering your variety of fat/protein intake.

I am SO jealous of your fresh chicken eggs! I get mine from a friend who has chickens and fresh eggs are so drastically different from the store bought.
  • Tinkerbell8209
    Tinkerbell8209 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Golf would be a fun edition to the log. Great job on Carb control
  • praevalere
    praevalere Posts: 24
    Options
    Well done on managing your carbs. I would be insufferable on so few carbs, but it sounds like you prepared and planned well, considering your variety of fat/protein intake.

I am SO jealous of your fresh chicken eggs! I get mine from a friend who has chickens and fresh eggs are so drastically different from the store bought.

I haven't had store bought eggs in so long that I have forgotten what the differences are. :) Our flock right now is 23 I believe. It started much smaller a few years ago, but each spring my gf buys more baby chicks. We had to build a second coop last year to accommodate them all.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Good job with exercise! You make me look like a slacker. :laugh: