How's it going?

Options
Hey guys! I'm new to this website/group, and I just wanted to introduce myself! I'm Claire.

From what I can tell, we started Insanity around the same time. I am currently on Month 2 day 3, so I think I'm a bit ahead of you, but I would still love to be a part of the group.

How is everything going for you guys? I haven't seen any weight loss/inches lost, unfortunately. This is pretty disappointing, but I'm sticking with it because I really do feel better. Like, I went to the mall the other day and ran up two flights of stairs without being winded at all!

But anyway, how are you guys doing? :smile: Claire

Replies

• mummybabyjojo
    mummybabyjojo Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hey yes you're a week ahead of us so going through the same bits!

This is my second round so I know how you're feeling. I didnt lose any weight (except initial 2kg water weight - it never came back so could have been fat) but i lost loads of inches from everywhere. This round I'm having the same sort of thing happening - as ling as my clothes fit better I'm happy!

Its really great that your level of fitness has improved its such a nice feeling isnt it? Even simple daily tasks seem easier to do once you put your body through insanity its great!
  • KatyFace9801
    KatyFace9801 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Welcome, welcome, Claire! 1) awesome user name. GOT addict myself! 2) Congrats on making it through month one! You're a hero! lol.
    I'm also on my second round. We are on the recovery week right now... theoretically. I'm actually just doing another week of month one but today I did my LAST PURE CARDIO and I'm gonna take a cue from N*Sync and say "bye bye bye" to that!

But really, welcome aboard! Don't feel discouraged that you're not loosing weight. I didn't loose any either, but I saw really small changes in areas that have been "problem" areas for me that really only me and my boyfriend notice. And also my endurance in things like running or spin class has improved 10000% and I'm so much stronger and FEEL better!
  • KhaleesiClaire
    Options
    That's great! And thank you for the welcome!

Good news! I try not to go overboard with weighing myself, so today was my first time since I finished recovery week. In the 4 days of month 2 I've already lost a pound! Because of this I'm thinking that the first month must be focusing on muscle building/kind of prep for month 2, and maybe month two is the fat burning month? Well either way, it's nice to see some good results! :-)

Would you recommend doing two rounds of insanity? After I finish this I might do another, but I don't know because imo t's very repetitive sometimes. I'm thinking I would give Hip Hop Abs a try. Have either of you tried that? It looks pretty fun (judging off of the commercials I always see at the end of the workouts! Lol)
  • KatyFace9801
    Options
    I feel like hip hop abs would be such a step down after doing insanity, but it really does look like a lot of fun (I love Zumba, so I'm sure I'd love this)
    I just bought Insanity the Asylum for after my second round (Also becoming a beachbody coach!!) because it looks NUTS
    See how you feel after the first round. Im glad I'm doing a second round as I'm really perfecting all the moves :)
  • lauraashley09
    lauraashley09 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I feel like hip hop abs would be such a step down after doing insanity, but it really does look like a lot of fun (I love Zumba, so I'm sure I'd love this)
    I just bought Insanity the Asylum for after my second round (Also becoming a beachbody coach!!) because it looks NUTS
    See how you feel after the first round. Im glad I'm doing a second round as I'm really perfecting all the moves :)

We got the Asylum in the mail a few weeks ago. My fiance just started yesterday and I'm going to start it after I end this round! I'm SO NERVOUS. It looks literally insane!
  • KatyFace9801
    Options

We got the Asylum in the mail a few weeks ago. My fiance just started yesterday and I'm going to start it after I end this round! I'm SO NERVOUS. It looks literally insane!

looks like we're going to need to start an Asylum group then! But since you went right into month 2 this week you're a week ahead of me. Still, let's start one
  • KhaleesiClaire
    Options
    Maybe I'll have to give asylum a try, too! And I get what you mean about Hip Hop Abs being a step down. Good point!