Jolene's 90-day Tracker

Options
This is where I'll account for myself on my intake, output, and weight. It's a touch uncomfortable, but hopefully the accountability will help.

14 May:
100 crunches
50 push-ups
65 lunges
Under on calories and carbs
Weight down .5kg from previous day.

15 May:
200 crunches
25 push-ups
40 lunges
Over my calories by 73 and under on carbs
Weight down .3kg from previous day

Replies

• newlife6745
    newlife6745 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Great idea!!!! I think I'll copy lol.
  • jolene_CO
    jolene_CO Posts: 48
    Options
    May 16:
    200 crunches
    50 push-ups
    50 lunges
    No weight change from yesterday
    Over on carbs by 2
    Under calories by 84
  • jolene_CO
    Options
    May 17:
    5k race with friends
    10k on my own
    148 calories over
    38 carbs over
    Did not weigh myself

For the 5k, one friend who just started running wanted to finish in under 36:00 so I ran pace for him. He finished in 35:25. I counted the steps for the 5k run, but didn't log the additional calorie burn. I didn't count steps or calorie burn for the 10k on my own, hence why my calories are over. I burned ~1,000 calories running that weren't logged.
  • jolene_CO
    Options
    May 18:
    2.5 hours of gardening
    69 under calories
    5 over carbs
    Didn't weight myself

It was a good, solid relaxing day.
  • Tinkerbell8209
    Tinkerbell8209 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like your honesty, and your activity level is impressive, keep it up, you got this!
  • jolene_CO
    Options
    May 19:
    Migraine headache - no exercise
    37 under calories
    29 under carbs
    .8kg down from last weigh in

I got a migraine yesterday that left me curled up in a ball, in the dark, with an ice pack as the only source of relief. I only get migraines about three times a year but holy Christ do they lay me out. I eventually fell asleep and woke up fresh as a daisy. Looking forward to my run this morning.
  • NCPhotoMom
    NCPhotoMom Posts: 12
    Options
    Awesome job Jolene!
  • jolene_CO
    Options
    May 20:
    200 crunches
    5k run
    30mins gardening
    378 under calories (not hungry; I'm certain tomorrow will balance)
    57 under carbs
    No weight change
  • jolene_CO
    Options
    Breakfast at McDonald's this morning and it was delicious. I know McDonald's gets a lot of flack for having "unhealthy" options, but the reality is that McDonald's is a business who meets the convenience needs of the majority, not the nutrition needs of the dieting minority. It's also true that the people who complain about the unhealthy food at McDonald's fill their pantries with foods far less healthy than McDonald's fare. Or who will eat an 1100 calorie salad from Chili's and say it's healthy.

Today I had an Egg McMuffin with only half the muffin, a hash brown (150 calories of worth it), half a Fruit 'n' Yogurt Parfait, and a small coffee. It was perfect and only 440 calories. No regrets on that breakfast, y'all. No regrets at all.
  • jolene_CO
    Options
    May 21:
    No exercise - I have strep
    219 calories under
    23 carbs under

The inability to swallow impeded the ability to get sufficient calories. Such is life. I've got antibiotics and am looking forward to feeling better. Hopefully in time for a run today.
  • praevalere
    praevalere Posts: 24
    Options
    Strep is awful! If it were me I would definitely take (at least) one more day off for recovery. I hope you get better soon.
  • jolene_CO
    Options
    May 22:
    No exercise - strep is sucking muchly
    77 calories under
    6 carbs under
    .3kg down from the last time I weighed

Today (May 23) I am feeling a bit better, but not top notch yet.
  • KreeativeKat
    KreeativeKat Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Be kind to yourself and listen to your body - it looks like it's telling you to take it a little easier, perhaps it's time to recharge your batteries.
  • jolene_CO
    Options
    May 23:
    No exercise - strep still handing me my butt
    53 calories under
    37 carbs under
  • jolene_CO
    Options
    May 24:
    Still sick as hell
    6 hours gardening (absurd amount of calories burned)
    705 calories remaining (I ate ~1600)
    32 carbs over

Contacted the Dr about the persistent strep. I'm getting a heftier antibiotic tomorrow, since what I'm taking should have resolved any symptoms by now.
  • jolene_CO
    Options
    Today is a day of cooking for me. I'm making sauerkraut, mayonnaise, yogurt, beef stock, and cheese. I set some sun tea out to brew this morning, which will be delicious. The weather outside is glorious and I really wish I could run, but the gardening yesterday left me very sore in the "everywhere" area, so I won't push it.
  • jolene_CO
    Options
    May 25th:
    Still sick - no exercise, but lots of activity
    127 under calories
    3 under carbs
  • jolene_CO
    Options
    May 26th:
    Still so, so sick - adding bronchitis to the strep (yay!)
    No exercise (because I can't breathe)
    67 under calories
    40 over on carbs

I was willing to eat whatever I would stay down. Succeeded in keeping everything down, but I could barely function all day. I lay on the couch and only got up to eat, drink, or medicate. This is the most sick I've been in a decade.
  • jolene_CO
    Options
    May 17th:
    Went for a short walk up Mt. Carbon
    261 calories over (worth it)
    10 carbs under

Tomorrow I'll actually step on a scale and see where this sickness has left me. My activity has been so very, very low with the exception of Saturday's gardening. My pants are sagging, so I know my composition has changed, but I'm not thinking the scale will have moved much.

We shall see. I'm exhausted after my walk and ready for sleep.
  • jolene_CO
    Options
    May 28th:
    5k run (yay!)
    326 calories under
    2 carbs over

Feeling on the up, finally. My run was short and hot; I ran it with my daughter. Felt AMAZING to be back outside. Looking forward to easing back in to push-ups and crunches.