1200 and 30 min of working out everyday

Options
jellybeans37
jellybeans37 Posts: 33 Member
I am a goal oriented person and I have a goal of 1200 calories no more than 1300 and working out 30 min. a day for the next 21 days. I hope to make it a habit and 21 days apparently is the number suggesting to building a new habit. I am keep this only on this 1200 site as the other ones can get so nasty with the mention of 1200 calories.

Replies

• TaraNY55
    TaraNY55 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Go for it !
    I'm trying to do something similar except I'm challenging myself to exercise 4 days a week and then ramp up once I can do that. I find that when I do too much at once I dont stick to it.
  • marlajune
    Options
    I starting the body fat breakthrough. 2 intense workouts weekly for 3 weeks then it drops to 1. 30 minutes after your dinner each night of brisk walking. It also has you at 1200 calories with 50 % carbs, 25 % protein and 25% fat. Maybe check it out? I'm very excited to be doing this!
  • Avidcutz
    Avidcutz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I find if you workout 15-20 mins when you wake up in the morning before you eat and then work out 15-10 mins before you go to sleep at night, it keeps your calories in check. if you go to sleep each night with between 800-900 remaining calories- you'll lose weight faster. It's a matter of exactly what you're aiming to accomplish- routine and making it a daily habit.
  • jessicaowensby
    jessicaowensby Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That's my goal as well, although if I exercise more I have been eating more -- working on that though. Keep us posted on how it's going!
    Jessica
  • Maquillage_
    Maquillage_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My goal is pretty much the same! My calorie goal is 1290 calories. I aim to workout out 30 mins a day Monday-Friday and an hour on Saturday and Sunday. My rest day is Wednesday so I'll sleep in and do nothing or do gently pilates or stretching. Remember rest days are important, especially on lower calorie diets!
  • Maquillage_
    Maquillage_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    That's my goal as well, although if I exercise more I have been eating more -- working on that though. Keep us posted on how it's going!
    Jessica

I used to have the same issue! What fixed it was focusing more on low impact exercises like pilates or walking, because anything cardio based like HIIT had me running for the fridge! Once I got into the routine of exercising and not eating back the calories I started adding HIIT workouts and now I don't feel hungrier than normal when I do my workouts :)